[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who works at Planet Fitness anything in terms of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: logo.png (15 KB, 177x191) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
15 KB, 177x191
Ask someone who works at Planet Fitness anything in terms of billing, atmosphere, what it's like working here, etc.
>>
How often do you trigger the lunk alarm
>>
My bank account is in the negative, i dont plan on keeping it, i have a monthly draft, will it still go through for this month?
If it doesnt, what happens next?
>>
>>37528747
2-5 times in a week. Once if I'm not with the managers.
>>37528768
Regardless if you're bank account is in negative it'll continue to try to take out the money every month plus the previous month. So if it doesn't come out for 2 months you'd owe 39.99 or 20.00 depending on memebership.
>>
>>37528812
How do i switch the bank or stop payments?
>>
>>37528831
Come on and say you'd like to switch your banking information or just cancel your account. If it's a black card (19.99) then you're signed into a 12 month contract where if the 12 months haven't passed you have a 58 cancellation fee on top of what is owed on the account.
>>
What's the deal with you guys?

I mean, I have had really in shape friends who have worked out at planet fitness because they were traveling for work and basically had to, but don't you feel stupid triggering "a lunk alarm" because a guy is grunting while he's lifting - as in, he's actually burning calories and exerting effort? Don't you feel stupid watching little fatties do shit-tier cardio and then come up to the desk and kill 4 slices of pizza?

I've considered planet fitness before but I just a home gym now because I don't want to get locked into your monthly payments because I travel for work a lot. Is it possible to do a like a 2 month commitment at your gym?
>>
>>37529551
not op, but he's there to do his job and make money even if his job is fucking retarded and detrimental to people who actually want to work out

then again if they really wanted to work out they wouldn't be doing it at planet fitness
>>
>>37529565
>not op, but he's there to do his job and make money even if his job is fucking retarded and detrimental to people who actually want to work out

Yeah I mean that's why I was asking him how he felt about, not "how do you sleep at night."

>then again if they really wanted to work out they wouldn't be doing it at planet fitness

That's a really poor perspective. Plenty of people work out at Planet Fitness because it's almost always the cheapest gym in any given area and they have lots of cardio equipment. You can still get into great shape from a home gym - planet fitness can get you there too. It's just that finances and travel usually are what bring people there.
>>
>>37529551
I don't make the rules here that's all from corporate. And if the rules aren't followed and corporate hears we'd get fired as employees. I personally do not have a problem with people grunting and dropping weights, but in order to keep my meme job I have to abide by the rules regardless. And in terms of feeling stupid for people eating the pizza I don't, just sorry because I know they're not making progress by doing that.
With that being said Planet Fitness is the only gym I've been a part of where I do see bigger as in fat not muscle/older people coming in and at least making an effort for an hour then leaving.
For example a 70+ year old couple comes in just about everyday to do cardio and some light weights then leave. Every time I was at LA Fitness, Golds, or a local gym I've never seen this happen. It's common at PF.
And on terms of membership you can do the no contract one which is 10 dollars a month, just make sure you cancel 7 days prior before the next month rolls into the payment so you won't be charged.
>>
Hiw much is the year membership? I want to pay it in cash.
>>
Which location do you work at?
>>
>For example a 70+ year old couple comes in just about everyday to do cardio and some light weights then leave. Every time I was at LA Fitness, Golds, or a local gym I've never seen this happen. It's common at PF.

I guess I don't really see this as a saving grace for Planet Fitness because most of those people you're talking about most likely don't stick around. The fact a 70 year old couple or fat people come in and invest some time working out is okay I guess, but most are not changing their lives for the long term in the way that marshals any real benefit.

Let's be honest here, your gym serves pizza, the idea that you can high road about how it accepts other people who wouldn't "fit in" or be "gymtimidated" is silly. Fat dudes get mad props at the real gyms when they stick with it.

>And on terms of membership you can do the no contract one which is 10 dollars a month, just make sure you cancel 7 days prior before the next month rolls into the payment so you won't be charged.

I might actually do this. I'm moving away in two months so I can't justify a long term commitment to a gym.
>>
>>37529723
Everything HAS to be through a checkings or savings account and cannot be paid in cash upfront. Idk why.
>>37529724
Pf of America.
>>
>>37528670
Why did you even apply for a shitty job at a shitty gym brand anyways?
>>
>>37529817
This.
>>
>>37529769
Never meant to sound like other gyms aren't accepting my bad. Just as in how main streamed and advertised it is more people are willing to come in and check it out. And on terms of how long people stay that is true because 1/3 members actually stay and make it into a routine.
And yeah just get the 10.00 one. Depending on where you join the down payment can vary.
>>37529817
Easy 8 hour shifts. I'm not that stuck up my own ass I won't work somewhere I'm not that much of a fan of.
>>
>>37529874
> I'm not that stuck up my own ass I won't work somewhere I'm not that much of a fan of.

Translation:
>I'm fine with actively supporting something I disagree with
Hmm, okay.

Extrapolation:
>I don't think planet fitness is too bad
>I don't have a ridged moral foundation
>I couldn't get a job anywhere else
One or more of the above.

Question:
Do any other employees second guess the nature of the gym?
Has there been any orders from the higher ups that clearly make it sound like they want fatties to stay fat?
>>
>>37528670
what was your worst case when you triggered the lunk alarm?
>>
I know you only have dumbbells not barbells, but can someone do deadlifts with dumbbells and not trigger the alarm?

Do you have kettlebells?
>>
>>37530167
No not really. The higher ups mainly talk to us about tours and specials for signing people up not much else.
>>37530216
Honestly nothing bad yet surprisingly. People that come in to cancel their account are scarier than people who drop weights.
>>37530248
It really is gym by gym, but as long as you aren't dropping the dd you should be fine. But have fun doing deadlifts with 75 dd and no higher familia. And no kettlebells at the one I work at, maybe others.
>>
>>37530167
I think the lunk alarm is dumb, but saying it is morally wrong is silly.
>>
File: 1457189840009.jpg (1 MB, 2388x2064) Image search: [Google]
1457189840009.jpg
1 MB, 2388x2064
>>37530167
Not OP but of course they somehow want people to stay unfit, they all do.
Athletes and bodybuilders are terrible clients, they come way too often, don't need PT and don't take special classes.
Commercial gyms need clients who take yearly subscriptions, go to the gym twice a month and pay extra for monitoring.
>>
>>37530309
I thought they might drop a line like
>Make sure you waft the pizza scent around the room
and
>leave our sponsored papa johns pamphlets at the reception desk

>>37530346
The gym is designed to attract unfit people, give them an excuse to indulge and encourage them to stay exactly about the point where they started.
>Profiting and proliferating fat-acceptance

>>37530374
>Athletes and bodybuilders are terrible clients
They're only terrible for gym's current business model.
A model that only exists because of the state of things.

Martial arts and rock-climbing don't operate on customers buying thin-air, same with libraries and skateparks.
I bet it's the same for shit like yoga and zumba but I dunno, one can only assume they have recurring customers.
>>
>>37528670
What kind of pizza do they serve?
>>
>>37530549
Completely up to the owners and what's available locally.
>>
why is 90% of any PF gym just full of cardio machines?
>>
File: 10209.jpg (829 KB, 2266x1407) Image search: [Google]
10209.jpg
829 KB, 2266x1407
>>37528670
Despite the fact you can't diddly lift, when you trigger the alarm isn't anyone genuinely afraid you'll cause someone to fall off the treadmill or drop weights on themselves due to sheer surprise? That fucker's loud at my PF, makes me snap my neck in it's direction too.
>>
>>37530694
Honestly when I started working here the same exact thing ran through my head. I know if I was lifting and the lunk alarm went off it'd bother me a little, but doesn't seem to be so. It's as scary as turning a corner at the same time as someone else and you two almost collide.
>>
File: 1462934780400.jpg (30 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1462934780400.jpg
30 KB, 401x367
>>37530716
Was this in reply to
>>37530700
instead of
>>37530694
>>
Does the staff or members pull the lunk alarm
>>
>>37530752
Fucked up.
>>37530694
At mine it's 45% cardio. Three aisles of cardio. Then the rest strength machines.
>>
>>37530786
Staff, member's have no access to the alarm.
>>
Can you explain the alarm? What causes it to be pulled? What if someone accidentally makes a loud noise?
>>
>>37531008
The alarm is a fire alarm system set up for manuel use. If someone is "obnoxiously" dropping weights and grunting we pull. If it's by accident 9 times out of 10 we won't pull.
>>
>>37531266
Okay the fire alarm part is me memeing. Idk what it actually is, just some alarm system set up for manuel use.
>>
>>37529772
In which state?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.