[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to the gym first time in my life next week and plan to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: bmi.jpg (26 KB, 595x220) Image search: [Google]
bmi.jpg
26 KB, 595x220
Going to the gym first time in my life next week and plan to work out 2-3x per week from then on. I want to gain some muscles, right now I'm totally average looking (pic related). How do I even start? What machines do I use? How much exercises do I do? How long should a normal session take?
>>
why do people come straight here for this advice?

i literally didnt even find /fit/ until i was a good 3 years into lifting

just google routines and watch youtube videos for form, then everything will fall into place
>>
~350
>>
Do an established beginner's routine like SS. Focus on form. Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>37527956

this to be honest
>>
File: new years fit.jpg (342 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
new years fit.jpg
342 KB, 800x1200
>>37527932
SS + GOMAD
>>
Well you should read the damn sticky, you know. It has some programs I guess, I haven't read that shit myself so I don't really know, but I can give you mine routine if you want, it's a powerlifting program, so here it goes:

>Day 1 - LEGS
*Squats 5x8 (do NOT count your warm up sets)
*Standing legpress? 4x8 (I don't really know how to describe this machine exactly, since I'm not from english speaking country, but it's angled)
*Hack squats 5x8
*Seated leg curl machine (seated and laying) both 4x8

Then you can do calves, biceps, forearms and abs.

>Day 2 - CHEST/SHOULDERS
*Bench press 5x8
*Incline bench press 5x8
*Dumbbell chest flys 5x8
*OHP 5x8 (you can do both, front press and press from behind or one day front, other day behind)
*Dumbbell shoulder flys 5x8
Then you can add more shoulder exercises.

>Day 3 - TRICEPS/BACK
*Dips 5x8 (put on as much weight as possible, because dips are amazing. If you can't do weighed dips then use little disks like 2.5kg, and do as much as possible, even if it's like 2 reps, or if you really can't do any dips at all, then just do dips w/o weight and try to go as deep as possible)
*Narrow bench press 5x8
*Skullcrusher 4x8
*Behind head skullcrusher 4x8
*Tricep pulldowns 5x10 (for a nice pump)
*Deadlift 4x3 (but it has to be heavy, or you could go till you reach max, but that should be once in a while.)
*Deadlift from boxes 4x3 (again it has to be heavy)
*Deadlift standing on a box 4x3 (same shit, but you can swap this with deadlift from boxes. One day on box other day from boxes.)
Then add some more back exercises, since I'm too lazy to translate and write the whole damn thing. Also you can add arms too.
>>
>>37527973
>50g of protein
>surplus protein will turn to fat

Yep, that sounds legit.
>>
>>37527984
>mfw imagining a beginner attempting all this shit
>>
>>37527973
This is garbage
>>
>>37527984
Also, since you're a beginner, don't go for one rep max, that's pointless for now. Sure, you can go and see how much you can do and then plan your working weight. Another thing, pay atention to what your trainer/wise old man/meathead or whatever is saying to you, you want to learn as much as you want about lifting, every bit of a good advice is one small step to your success. Last piece of free advice is this, don't I repeat DON'T put on much weight once you start. At first you want to learn how to do everything with a correct form, FLAWLESSLY. Once you learn that shit, then you can increase your weight and keep pushing yourself to the limit.

Well that's it, if you are serious about lifting, then in upcoming years you will learn a lot if you pay attention and you won't be an idiot. Now,good luck, brother!
>>
>>37527956
/thread
>>
>>37527984
>it's a powerlifting program

hmmmmm
>>
>>37528014
newfag.jpeg
>>
>>37528081
What's so "hmmm" about it?
>>
Read the sticky
>>
>>37527932
SS + GOMAD

Although I'd use my GOMAD modified routine which focusing solely on legs every other day. Don't do bench its a waste of time.

Make sure you're consuming upwards of 5000 calories per day.

Do this for 3-6 months and you will look amazing.
>>
>>37527973
This is great advice OP.
>>
>>37527984
kek
>>
>>37527973
That's some good shit
>>
>>37530221
This
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.