[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ Newfag on this thread. I'm 5' 7" and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: p90x.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
p90x.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Hey /fit/

Newfag on this thread. I'm 5' 7" and 80 Kg; I'm thinking on starting the P90X program.

Have any of you anons tried out this? I have seen some vids on youtube about people working out but not sure. Also, I just started to train (again) for a 21km race (not for competition)

Give me your opinions and/or advices
>>
hf getting memed unironnically in real life for definite
>>
Go for it.
I would recommend setting up your own program tailored for your goals but its more about consistency with working out.
Once you stick with it for a couple months and lose a bit of belly consider looking into lifting weights.
>>
>>37527308
Yeah, you'll be fucking shredded after 90 days if you stick with it.
>>
>>37527308
pretty good if you dont want to think about what youre doing and have someone else call the shots.

i still use the x stretch and yoga x for flexibility/mobility every once in a while, but goddamn the jokes get old after the first play.

and fuck wesley, fuck dom, fuck katie
>>
>>37527330
Why lifting weights, specifically? If I may ask

>>37527353
Thanks anon. I'll guess I'll mute the videos after the first play then.
>>
I hate P90X because I work at a gun store and people always call asking if we have a p90x for sale
>>
>>37527465
calisthenics has its limits, and eventually you'll be unable to get any sort of gains from it
>>
>>37527465
>Why lifting weights, specifically? If I may ask
Lifting weights has an additional effect of getting denser bones, as a compensation for bigger loads.

There's also more time effectiveness and shit, but that's not importat, because bone density is the only unique thing about lifting weights.

Also learning keeping your torso tight during deadlifting sets you for life. You'll never have old people back problems if you know how to use your abs and erectors to unload your spine.
>>
>>37527308
Honestly, it's a good program and generates good results. The original can be a bit intimidating if you're a beginner, though. P90X3 is better suited for less fit people.
>>
>>37528388
>>37528420
Thanks for the info. I'll take the advice.

>>37528626
I tried it out like two years ago but left after the first month because of college (yeah yeah, excuses) and I did feel great. Couldn't see much gains back then, but I guess it was because I was a little more obesse.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.