[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
K fit I read the sticky in its entirety with the exception of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bromance-love-relationships1.jpg (41 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
bromance-love-relationships1.jpg
41 KB, 800x521
K fit I read the sticky in its entirety with the exception of things meant for women and credits. Are we friends now?

Also a few questions

The sticky suggested a 500 calorie deficit from your TDEE, does that suggest it's unsafe to do 1,000 in order to lose 2lbs a week?

Also in that vein is there anything that is up to question in the sticky? I know it says the information is proven but I need to hear it from you anon.
>>
It's not unsafe, you'll just feel more hungry and tired and may need to pay some attention to your micronutrients.
There's even a case study on a guy that ate nothing for a year and lost 125 kg (but he was under medical observation and was given supplements though)
>>
>>37526017
That actually makes a lot of sense now. I was wondering if my regulat fatigue was because I was doing something wrong. I've been pretty consistent about eating veggies and fruits though so that shoukd cover my micronutrients right?
>>
>>37525943

It's not unsafe but it is very difficult and you will lose significantly more muscle.

If you're obese you should do it but if you just want to get leaner, stick to 500.
>>
>>37526083
Im trying to cut about 19lbs. Would going at this deficit be very detremental to muscle retention if I only stick to it for a month or a month and a half?

Assuming I stick to a high protein diet?
>>
>>37526102

Should be ok. High protein and simple workouts, nothing fancy, focus on compounds and drop weights or volume if necessary.
>>
>>37526053
At -500 I wouldn't even worry much about micros, it's more of a concern on more extreme diets.
>>
>>37526131
I'm doing calisthenics with some dumbbells worked in. Variations or pushups and body weight would be nonfancy compounds right?
>>
I think over 2 lbs/week is generally where you get into danger zone unless you're like gargantuan. I know it sucks (I'm un-fatassing myself right now) but you gotta pace that shit. Just make every gym workout a good one so you're progressing as much as you can while you lose weight.
>>
>>37525943
It may also lead to more loose skin if you cut quite rapidly. But if your weight is a health issue its better to cut fast and become healthy rather than worry about loose skin and die at 35.
>>
>>37526191
Well Im at 196 with 20%bf. I want to get down to at least 14% or so with a 1000 deficit.

Is this still too risky?
>>
>>37526252
Then start increasing my calorie intake from there but still at a deficit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.