[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How /fit/ is your job? Bricklayer here, I'd give my job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: bricklayer.jpg (52 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
bricklayer.jpg
52 KB, 630x420
How /fit/ is your job?

Bricklayer here, I'd give my job a 6/10, lots of lifting and my heart rate is often at cardio target for at least a couple hours throughout the day.
>>
>>37524648
Neet, living off autism bux and dole with me mam, focusing on pro dota career
>>
>>37524648
Prostagma?
>>
>>37524648
>Bricklayer
Damn man. I sit at a desk all day but I dream of a manual labor related job. I feel so disconnected from the act of labor because I don't physically exert myself to make a living. I guess the grass is always greener, but I wish I would've done something like that during college at least.
>>
>>37524674
> Wanting to work in the rain
> wanting to work in cold weather
> wanting do be on your knees all day
> wanting to break your back all day
> wanting to get treated worse than shit by all the foreman's, managers and bosses

This sitting cozy in the office autistic mindset that, "Man i would like to be out there, you know dog, actually feel like I make something" is one of the most assburger rose tinted glasses shit I have ever heard
>>
>>37524648
Very. Work as a stocker at Target and it doesn't get more manual than that.

>when I get that pump after my shift's over

Feels good desu.
>>
6-7/10

electrician here and it changes up from day to day. Some days are fast paced and I feel like I am running all day, other days are heavy lifting like pulling 500s or setting bigger gear. or undeground which is tough in its on right.Then there is the days when I block watch and those normally suck because its slow for me.. I usually help the hod carrier those days and move brick or grout and rebar.
>>
Security guard in a closed up for the night shopping centre. Get paid to sit on my arse, drink tea and play vidya all night.

Nice easy job but sedentary as fuck so I train for about 2 hours a day after work.
>>
College student... 2/10 maybe, as I walk commute to class.
>>
Full time student. $1000/month.

It's basically like being a NEET, but you're doing assessments and maybe an exam every 3-4 months.
>>
>>37524648
I did masonry labor for a few weeks and it was the hardest thing I've ever done physically. First day of work was a 12 hour shift, jesus fucking christ. I've ran a marathon and that job was def harder. I can't even imagine how some dudes stay in that kind of labor job into their 40s and 50s. With a painkiller script, I guess.
>>
Office Administrator

7/10

So many young and milf women mirin'. Also, getting free qualifications while I work. Best job I ever had.
>>
>>37524697
As someone who spent years breaking his fucking back for 12 hours a day on building sites I wholeheartedly agree.
>>
>>37524720
At my site that I used to work, everyone was fucking functioning alcoholics and junkies, all the upper people ware on coke, even the bosses, none of them had life either, because we would have to work saturdays as well, I remember getting home at 9 from 1 hour bus drive eating, showering and going to be because I would have to get up at 5 for work
>>
>>37524671
Eis machin!
>>
File: faget.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
faget.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
Patient transporter in a hospital, rate how fit my job is

>walking 7-8 miles per day, most of the time pushing hundreds of pounds
>lifting bariatric patients from bed to bed/bed to chair/chair to table on and off all day
>on my feet for 8 hours at a time aside from 30 minute lunch break
>dumbfags work housekeeping and materials stocking for 10+ years to get a spot here only to quit after a month because "muh back" and "muh feet hurt"
>>
>>37524648
Retail-fag, backroom. Get to lift light to heavy shit around, up ladders, around the backroom/store, etc.

Fucking hate it. On the early morning shift (4am), and it just drains me. Thankfully the manager rotates us, so I'll be getting on the day/closing shifts soon. It only sucks cause of the early hours, I have no problem staying up late, but fuck me if I have to wake up at 3am to be somewhere. Makes cutting difficult because my hunger just goes through the roof.
>>
>>37524793
>pushing hundreds of pounds
on a wheeled bed
>>
>>37524817
Most are still pretty difficult to move around with the weight of a 400 lb. patient on them, but yeah you're right.

The real lifting comes when we have to put said fatty on the table for an x-ray.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160611-191032.png (120 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160611-191032.png
120 KB, 1440x2560
>>37524793
me too, work part time and is gr8 side money for me :^)
>pic related was today
>>
>>37524698
Haha, holy shit, should have read more carefully through the threat. Hi, fellow team member, I'm >>37524809
>>
I'm your mothers whore, so I'd say pretty /fit
>>
>>37524822
Nice fellow transportbro.

I'm considering going part time to go back to school for nursing.

Was pic related from an 8, 10, or 12 hour shift? I've done distances similar to that but it was a 10 hr shift.
>>
>>37524699
electrician here also, live in Canada, 3rd year, I do residential so I'm on my feet all day, going up and down the ladder and moving it around the house is a workout in itself
>>
>>37524840
8 hour shift
I'm going to leave my job soon to become a CNA, kinda sucks, because I recently started, eventually want to become a nurse too f a m
>>
>>37524869
Good luck brother

From what my co-workers have told me, our job counts as direct patient care so that will look good on an app to nursing school.

I'm hoping to go the CRNA route personally
>>
File: 1413687631868.gif (1 MB, 360x260) Image search: [Google]
1413687631868.gif
1 MB, 360x260
Train Conductor

I give my job a 3/10

I drive in a truck all day or i sit in a train all day and all the guys i work with are over 50 and are way over weight.

But oh well i make $42/hr
>>
>>37524648
1/10 Space Systems Engineer

>chair all day

Commute makes hours that I can work out really shitty. To make things worse the only gym that is open when I get home is a fucking Planet Fitness.
>>
>>37524843
yeah I hear that, I was lucky enough to have the wooden 3 leg ladders for most of my career so far. In the last few years osha (usa) has made it so we cant use those anymore and its all fiberglass... I only do commercial though.
>>
>>37524648
How's the pay and working hours? I know the banter must be great
>>
Started my own landscaping company. Still small time and not a full week of work mainly due to lack of knowledge bUT I'm the happiest I've been working while making the best wage yet and can kill it in the gym without working about being sore the next day.

Did interlock back in highschool and it was hell had to stop deadlift in because I couldn't recover
>>
>>37524648
>my heart rate is often at cardio target

laborer/apprentice detected. how's the humping, humper?

>MOVE FASTER SLAVE
>the actual masons are waiting on your dumb ass to bring the hod, step on it faggot
>>
>tfw supermarket deli associate
>tfw have to stand for 8 hours at a time, even in the break room there are no chairs
>tfw have to plan my leg days around days off since doing legs will result in my legs seizing up as I stand
>tfw meager pay and bizarre, last-minute hours
It fucking sucks and I would pay money for the opportunity to fistfight my managers and every co-worker except two of them, a nice old black guy and a clueless but nice Indian girl
>>
> not supersetting 5xL fries-scooping with 5x5 patty flipping dropset

It's like you don't want to make it
>>
>>37524951
you gotta start somewhere my dude
>>
>>37524747
Yeah the only masonry people I've known are either heavy drinkers or on pain pills mostly. Pretty fucking brutal profession. Even if you're careful it seems like you're bound to get shoulder and knee injuries and shit.
>>
Firefighter/EMT
5/10

I'd have to say all I really do is lift stretchers and sometimes carry patients down and up stairs. There is the off chance I get to extricate patients out of car wrecks or run up stairs in bunker gear but not often.

Training was difficult to say the least. I lift regularly still at least
>>
Litigation attorney here.

1/10 on the /fit/ scale. The only physical exertion is lifting and moving large books, binders, and boxes of documents.

Good thing I do lifting 4x and cardio 3x per week. I would probably look like all of my pot bellied, balding coworkers if I didn't.

At least the job is really interesting, everyone treats us well, and the pay is real good.
>>
>>37524891
Do you get to blow the horn?
>>
>moving/hauling company
>10-12 hr days

meh, 7/10, 3 points deducted because some days im way too drained to squat/dead near max %
>>
>>37524674
>I feel so disconnected from the act of labor because I don't physically exert myself to make a living. I guess the grass is always greener

I've done both, often dreaming of doing the other one while working that job
>>
>>37524913
Not OP but the relaxed atmosphere was definitely one of the upsides. I was working on a side job type thing not union so I'm not sure how different it is for your typical union job but we talked a lot and had dad rock playing on the radio entire time, you can cuss as much as you want and talk about sex and shit and no one cares. That part was great.
>>
>>37524961
Nice old black guys are the chillest, man. Definitely some of the most relaxed dudes I've met.
>>
>>37524793
What did you goto school for to get this job?
>>
>>37525014
>The only physical exertion is lifting and moving large books, binders, and boxes of documents.

No lawyer fights?
>>
Anesthesia technician

2/10 not very fit at all but I hope to go to med school and become either a sports medicine physician or a cardiologist.
>>
>>37525078

You don't need school. Almost every larger hospital hires people for this.

The pay is shit tho, like $11/hr-$15/hr max.
>>
University Professor

8/10, gives me easy access to a high quality athletics facility, and since my work usually involves standing at a chalkboard for a lot of the day, I get ample rest without sitting in a chair for 8 hours at a time which I've heard is very bad for you.
>>
>>37525102
How hard is it to get a job when you have a phd?
>>
Sorting mail for 12hrs a day 5 days a week. Usually get ~22000 steps and i get to lift trays of mail up to 40lbs. Always active, always sweating
>>
>>37525102
lol sometimes I want to stay in academia just to keep using the facilities. I go to a pretty big school and the shit I have access to is so ridiculous, I'm going to feel like I'm in Somalia for the rest of my life once I graduate. Then again if I get into grad school I'll probably be too fucking busy to ever actually work out.
>>
Duty free salesman

10/10, my base rate is $27 and hour and I work weekend where is get time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sunday. Plus overtime because we work late. I sit around and talk shit for 45 mins out of every hour.
>>
I'm a psychiatric tech at a hospital.

Mostly I sit around with the occasional wrasslin' a patient down to pull their pants down so the nurse can put things in their butt. Pretty chill, I'm ready to graduate and go on to be a nurse. Since so much of my job is sitting around I get called to the old folks side to scoop up all the crippled grannies who forget they were crippled and decide to go for a jog.
>>
>>37525113
I assume you mean university positions, I have no experience in 'industry'. It's probably somewhat variable depending on the field, and it also depends on where you got your PhD. If you attended a top 10 program, you'll have little problems, or if your research is significant, you'll have few problems. My field is mathematics, so what I can say for my field is that research positions are very competitive; you can get your PhD from Columba and end up working at a community college.
>>
If a parent beats their kids the courts send me to monitor the situation and teach them how to not strike a child.
> Literally all of my In-Home Service coworkers are women, like 78:1 ratio
> All of them are "understanding"
> "Oh I know it's hard to be a parent, but maybe next time you can try taking deep breaths and counting to 10?"
> I'm 6'4" 225 lbs
> I put the fear of God in them and give the kid my personal cell number
> I have the greatest success rate of anyone in the nation, only 2 families have ever had problems after my intervention
> Superiors alllwonder why
> Everytime I go on a visit with a supervisor they give me notes on creating more positive relationships with the parents
>>
>>37525357
How do you get into that line of work? As I've gotten older I want to give back more to my country and community
>>
I'm a night-shift janitor and I bring some dumbbells to work. I also do bodyweight shit and browse /fit/.
>>
>>37525374
Find a non profit, there's tons. The pay is awful, I make $35k and that's with a Bachelors of Psychology. And I'm on call 24/7 if a family gets in a fight or a kid's in trouble.

Not something I'd want to do forever, but it does make me happy.

My "recommendations" are law.
"Get rid of guns, drug paraphernalia, buy food for your child by my next visit". Literally a word from me and these scumbags lose their kids. I've seen some shit.
>>
>>37524793
I did this for three months before a place in a pharmacy was free. Three months of hell at radiotherapy ward, three dead in a week, stench of death and shit covered by sanitizing products and yes, at least ten kilometers of walking every day. It was a fucking university or humility, lads
>>
>>37524894
Go and teach, uni certainly has some gym
>>
>>37525023
>the dealbreaker
>>
>>37524648
pretty much a gains killer as you're targeting the same muscle groups every day with only rest on your weekend.
>>
>>37525102
Oh really? What's your field of research? Or are you a purely teaching professor?
>>
Residential foundations

2/3 doing nigger tier work
1/3 doing layout, less physical tasks

Pays well, but cant do back/legs workouts when Im done stripping forms for a whole day. Dont wanna risk injury
>>
>>37525357
Doing G-mans work
>>
File: 1434859290537.jpg (49 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
1434859290537.jpg
49 KB, 500x459
>>37525041
This is me. When I'm working I'm thinking "I fucking hate this I wish I was doing x." Then when I do x I think "I fucking hate this I wish I was doing y again."
>>
>>37525531
Algebraic topology, in particular Heegaard Floer homology
>>
I work part time in an auction house, 90% of the time its unpacking boxes and moving shit the other 10% is moving furniture around. 22 dollars an hour so its pretty decent
>>
>>37525089
>anesthesia technician
>hope to go to school

Don't you need 12 years to do that shit?
>>
File: 1441762505119.jpg (30 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
1441762505119.jpg
30 KB, 263x396
>>37525561
Symplectic geometry? Interesting. What can SFH tell us about symplectic manifolds that we otherwise wouldn't have known?
I'm a physics grad in topological cond. mat. but I know a bit about geometric/knot-theoretic quantization so you can use some jargons.
>>
Night shift at petrol station
>stand all shift
>serve crazy night customers
>do a bit of restocking
>shitpost
It's not bad for $28/hr
>>
Work in a factory taking boxes off an assembly line and putting them onto pallets as fast as the line pumps them out which can be pretty damn fast.
Work rating: 7/10
>manual labor with nothing to think about beyond box patterns, very mentally relaxing
>funny coworkers who I spend a couple hours every day shooting the shit with when the machines break down
>shitty pay but more than enough hours to make up for it
>don't have to deal with customers (what has driven me crazy at literally every other job)
>shitty timeframe for said hours 2pm-1am so I've alienated almost everyone in my life except my gf
Fit rating: 6/10
>boxes are only 30lbs but I'll average moving about 28 tons a day at a pretty good place - have slightly damaged my shoulders and elbow because of weird positions I need to be in to move the boxes fast enough
>way that certain boxes have to be gripped to be efficient makes it hard or impossible to do some workouts when I go to the gym - spend 8 hours gripping boxes in a way that taxes the chest, then end up doing the roll of shame when I bench that night
>line moves fast enough and consistently enough that a workday could be considered a shitty form of cardio
>>
>>37525582
Anesthesia technicians are just scrub techs with a basic certification. You're thinking of an anesthesiologist which is a medical doctor.
>>
>>37525665

Jesus that's a big wage for gas station clerk
>>
Accountant

9/10, lost a point for sitting down all day, but I can walk to work, get my gym and tuition paid for, so not bad. Money could be better but I'm still working on a degree so it'll happen in time. Chill as fuck office envronment too.
>>
File: 2831598_king_bugs_bunny.jpg (26 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
2831598_king_bugs_bunny.jpg
26 KB, 529x399
Im a software developer so I sit in an office chair all day and get free food so I can bulk while getting paid$
>>
Pharmacy technician at chemotherapy dept.
7/10

We prepare chemos for oncology patients. It's a bit of waiting training the doctors don't have lab results immediately so it's like an hour of preparing - two hours waiting, sitting on our asses - three hour shitstorm - end. The boss is super chill, nothing is a problem. Unlimited interwebs, allowed us to hang a punching bag and have a quite nice set of barbells hidden around airpumps.
>>
File: 1428901518735-4.png (12 KB, 355x460) Image search: [Google]
1428901518735-4.png
12 KB, 355x460
Alright. I've been thinking of going back to college for over a year now. Canadafag, Qc here, but I don't know in what field. Whatever the job, as long as I get a better and more comfy life than my minimum salary shit right now. And I want a physical one.

Any recommendation from you guys about a well-paid and physical job for a lanklet like me? (6'8")
>>
>>37525829
Hey Qcfag here also (south shore mtl)

warehouse work can get you starting at 14 to 16 bucks an hour sometimes

and you are tall so you can reach the top shelf
>>
>>37525721
It's pretty awesome, I won't lie. 4 days a week, decent income and still plenty of time to study
>>
>>37524674
wth? i would like to see you mixing cement in the hot summer days for weeks on end on a place in full sunlight with 42ºc with no wind to see if you still wanted to get off your desk.
im just another anon fag, but trust me, i do prefer freelancing webdev to construction working anytime, but a guy gotta do what a guy gotta do in times of need (i do enjoy fixing stuff around the house though, made a new chicken coop the other day, looks so nice you wouldnt believe its to house chickens).
>thx for reading my blog
>>
student
summer job is running rickshaws
>7-8/10
it can be difficult due to the shear amount of cardio you have to do, but i just see it as training for rugby and hockey
>down side is social life sucks, when everyone wants to go out, thats when you make your money
>plus side, loads of friends with security guards and promo girls, get hit on all night, constant pussy if, and good money if you know how to hustle people
>>
>>37525840
>warehouse work can get you starting at 14 to 16 bucks an hour sometimes
Every warehouse works I've had were minimum salary around here (Also sup, Northern Montréal (Ahuntsic) here). But yeah, I've been thinking of going back to college or pursue a professionnal course for wielding or some shit. I just don't have any idea what to do. I'm at a point where I just want a good job and I'm ready to follow through the classes needed to acquire said job. Fuck finding "something you love", this mindset got me where I am today...
>>
Day 3 at my new job as a grocery store cashier. 9 hour days at minimum wage is whatever.
Worst part is standing up all day continuously is killing my back.
Help me brehs, what do?
>>
>>37524674
no man i think you underestimate how shit it is. I've got a lot of friends doing it and it seems terrible. On the other hand I've done office jobs that made me want to kill myself.

what you probably want is some type of field-work job. where you are active during the day and not sitting behind a computer, but the work still isnt physically exhausting.

>>37525858
What about looking into a temp agency? sometimes they can place you for a short contract and then you can re-negotiate the contract afterwards directly with the company. I have seen a few warehouse places start at 14 an hour, and my brother found something at 16 that he actually turned down since he found something better.

job market is total shit here though, you actually have to spam out cv's nonstop. eventually you'll get a few that make it through but otherwise its just terrible.
>>
>>37525911
>job market is total shit here though, you actually have to spam out cv's nonstop. eventually you'll get a few that make it through but otherwise its just terrible.
Thanks mate. That explains a lot actually. I'll look up to find something better than my current state of affair.
>>
>>37525959
gl homeslice
>>
>>37525665
You mean $2.8 an hour right?
>>
>>37524793
You work UCLA don't you?
>>
>>37524793
OH SHIT IS THAT NIGGER DEAD??????
>>
>>37525756
Just about to start my upper division Accounting classes next semester, any advice for the future?

Bringing my grades up and landed an internship at a Financial Advisor firm this summer.
>>
File: 1460086277359.jpg (30 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
1460086277359.jpg
30 KB, 600x460
I have two jobs.

Job 1 is call center, from home no less. Used to be a 3/10 when it was in office, as I'd walk about 1.5km to work and back per day, plus taking 3 flights of stairs, walking to the bathroom (across the building), etc. Now that it's at home, 0.5/10. I get up to get things to drink and I walk the dog on every break.

Job 2 is about a 5/10. Meat clerk in a grocery store. Often times I'll have to do hamburger up, which is basically carrying 50lbs of burger from one side of the department to another to wrap it, plus general lifting, on my feet walking for a 5 hour shift. Too bad it's only seasonal / part time.
>>
>>37525041
fucking this.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-05-13-04-34.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-05-13-04-34.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Sit on my ass all Day working with a companys internal economics and bookkeeping.

9/10 cause i have enough time to read mango and play hearthstone at last 2h a Day and still finish my tasks. Minus one becouse of sitting down too much.
>>
>>37524793
You guys are the funniest fuckers alive along with forensic cleanupcrews
Thank you for your service and death defying humor
>>
>software developer
>all the guys are fat
>all the females are qt management or design folks with a few fats in HR
>I look incredible to all of them despite being pretty dyel
Makes office interactions easy and my bosses respect me and reward me with at least 18% raise each year plus a promotion to the next rank. Feels good.
>>
Janitor
6/10
Sometimes there's not too much to do, but quite often there's a lot of work to be done.

I sweat hardcore when I've got those busy days, but that's probably because I'm fat.
>>
>>37524671
Rogan.
>>
>>37525665

> $28

is your boss laundering money or making you sell meth?
>>
>>37524648
Motel receptionist and night manager
Not very fit at all, though I can do whatever when not much is going on
>>
7.5/10 Building operator at an arts campus/conference center. Maybe 20 big buildings here, some are theatres, a couple hotels, few office buildings. Doing boiler checks is a 5 mile walk through the buildings, can take stairs. Can make the job more physical by not taking the truck, carry the 12' ladders across campus and relamp all the lights in some random room. Might fuck around and replace old motors and circ pumps, belts and filers for some of the day. Pouring 20lb salt bags, and unloading the pallets of salt and pool chems that come in. Whole thing is built in a mountain, so lots of uphill. Can hide in random hiding places if I get tired. Decent gym on campus and I have building automation control for it, so I can drop the temperature to my liking lol. Not bad being a building ops/ maintenance guy.
>>
>>37524668
Just letting you know you deserve every bit of misery you live in and every tear you shed at night, senpai.
>>
Server/Waiter and more recently bartender at a family restaurant. It's a lot of walking and cardio so it helps keeping fairly lean. Carrying plates around and other stuff so it's a good amount of activity.

I honestly love the job most nights, talking to people, helping people get good service, usually decent tips. Great kitchen crew and a good amount of cute girls and bros to work with. I have a lot of fun with it 8/10. Loses points cause obvious restaurant bullshit.
>>
>>37525665
Lee?
>>
Commute for 2 hours. Sit at a desk for 10 hours. Commute back for 2 hours. Slowly die.
0/10
>>
Tech in a construction site materials testing lab. Plenty of lifting of heavy samples, long hours (60-80+ hours a week). Kinda hinders gym time doing such hours and being tired from work. Still manage to lift 5-6 days a week usually. All the energy expenditure prob helping my cut. I'd say 6/10.

Id like to start roiding desu, reckon it would negate the lack of sleep somewhat all that enhances recovery..
>>
>>37525885
Get better shoes. At the absolute least invest in Dr Scholls or something but ideally get some shoes with arch support or get some orthopedics.

Im a server and the times I've tried wearing my chucks at work was bad news bears. Super comfy for casual wear but standing or walking all day, get something cozy like a nice running shoe with the scholls or something tailored for your foot. It will save your back man.
>>
>>37527196
I'm changing my rating to 9.5/10, after seeing what constitutes an 8/10 in this thread. I step it up and usually walk 10+km per day in steel toe boots, book it up 5 floors of steps, run salt bags everywhere, and do chin ups off the boiler pipes and turn some pretty phat valves. it's $22 an hour union, but the trades guys have slightly better wages, so that's a bit lacking.
>>
cryptographer
1/10 on the fit scale
>>
I work at the produce section of a supermarket. From 5:30 am to 1 pm I lift all kind of things. There's also a lot of walking involved but that's ok.
I like my schedule, it allows me to lift, run or surf in the afternoon.
I started lifting before I got this job and I'd say it helped me keep up with the work pace and the physical aspects of this job.
Also, it's going to get crowded as fuck in July and August since I live on the seaside. It's going to be crazy.
>>
File: IMG_20160307_114216.jpg (601 KB, 1456x818) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_114216.jpg
601 KB, 1456x818
farmhand at a dairygoat farm
>8-10
>light cardio
>variety of movements, walking/climbing over fences for legs, sweeping floors/spreading straw for core back shoulders and arms
>the few people i work with are very relaxed most of the time
>goats are G.O.A.T
>pick related
downsides
>working with doms is shit
>when animals die i failed
>>
>construction mechanic

I love it, working inside and outside
I love construction sites
Some liftig included but its not that hard

Always have a nice tan from welding

Making decent money also
>>
Park ranger at a extremely popular public park in a major American city.

About a 8/10. I spent a huge portion in the trucks we're assigned just driving around making sure shit is ok, but I also spend a fair amount of time walking around telling people to stop doing shit they shouldn't be and helping patrons move things around.

A huge portion of the score comes from the fact this park has a two mile jogging track and a weight-lifting area, and since it's conveniently there I run it like five times a week after I finish working and punch it. With the added bonus of the fact that the park normally closes at 10pm so if I decide to want to run 2 miles at 11pm and have the whole fucking track to myself(which gets pretty crowded sometimes, especially Monday evenings) I can.
>>
>>37524674
You don't know what you are talking about, buddy. I was a fairly good student and I fucked up doing drugs and having social anxiety and depression. I'm 33yo and I've done mostly manual labor all my life. Your back is fucked, you get no respect for people, the weather fucks you in the ass...
>>
>>37527312
>tfw a lamb dies
I grew up on a farm that kept sheep so I share your bad feels anon
>>
>>37524699
>>37524843
Electrician here aswell, have any of you ever noticed if your shoulders are stronger because of your job? I recently noticed that i lift a lot more in shoulder presses than one of my buddies who basically lift the same as me in all other excersizes.
Thought it might ve because of the constant above the head work
>>
>>37527202
You realise what website this is? Right?
>>
>>37524668
>he fell for the esport meme
>>
>>37524648
programming, so that's probably like a 0/10.

Sometimes I get up to get more coffee
>>
>>37524648
Working night stock at a Safeway that runs a crew that needs about 3-5 more guys. I'm at an 7-9 for about 90% of my shift. Shit fucking sucks, can't sleep during the day, trying to manage lifting and working this much without recovering. I was always told night stock jobs were pretty chill, but this shit is taking its toll on me. Wouldn't recommend Safeway to anyone, ever.
>>
>>37525695
did this for some time as well
was fun, kinda like tetris but in 3d
>>
>>37527499
When I was maybe 17 or 18 my buddy went to be a safeway night stocker, everyone there was just fucking way too hardcore and gave him shit for not working full tilt, could just have been the crowd there at the time though. And to be fair he was a shaky uncoordinated dude, so maybe it was nature at work lol
>>
>>37524894
So what are you engineering, spacehead? The space?
>>37524648
That must give you crazy forearms. You just can't get old man's forearms unless you're doing some physical labor all your life.
>>
>>37524671
búlome
>>
I'm a chemist
>>
>>37525994
Nope. Got it right first time
>>37527166
Nah that's just the base wage for night shift
>>37527242
Bruce?
>>
>>37527527
Probably a little bit of both. That department specifically seems to draw in a bunch of fuckin bitter people. They're all aware the work load is too much for the amount of people that are given, but they'll make you feel like shit as if that's gonna make you work any better. It's crazy to watch people just cycle through and get treated like shit because they don't do the work of 3 people. Safeway is a backward company, man
>>
I work in a glue plant my night routinely consists of lifting 44-50 pound bags and emptying them into a kettle all night most batches have more then 7000 pounds of materials that get added by hand.
>>
Mailmain. I walk upward of 10 miles every day with a heavy bag on my shoulder

Keeps me lean but makes it hard to gain, particularly legs.

My quads shrunk noticeably after getting this job.
>>
>>37525911
>what you probably want is some type of field-work job. where you are active during the day and not sitting behind a computer, but the work still isnt physically exhausting.

this. stuff like surveying/inspecting seems comfy and active. destroying your body with gruntwork for 12 hours doesnt
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1076x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1076x880
Journalist.
1/10
Would be a 0/10 but people are less likely to slip information to a fat person than a fit one, so that works as motivation.

Also Fridays are casual dress so have to show some gains.
>>
I'm doing a PhD in biology
Actually spend 3/4 hours a day walking around different labs and the other half sitting down, not that bad if you force yourself to walk quickly (running shoes ftw).
Other than that it's an okay job, high level of stress, but nothing like working in a corporation. Nobody cares when you come and go, but results matter so sometimes you stay long or come on the weekends.
I feel like I'm still studying and not really working, and the pay is enough for a very comfortable life withouth having to count money. But in this country the minimal pay is so high that any job gets you that and I'm thinking about getting a physical job from 9-5.
>>
Computational physicist: 0/10

Sit at a desk all day, occasionally go to a conference and fuck up my sleep/eating patterns.
>>
>>37527708
Out of interest, why do you feel the need to wear such tight shirts? It really looks foolish.
>>
Bricklayer for a steel mill here, work is hard and my biceps and forearms are huge
>>
Dentist

Job itself unfit as fuck with lots of back issues but its the money that allows me to lead a very /fit/ life. Able to work few hours for above average income is nice, lots of time to lift, run, swim, travel etc. Plus i can afford to buy expensive shit like mountain bikes just to see if i like it i guess.

Shit in the job great out of it

8.5/10
its ok
>>
>>37527708
Is that you?

Looking sicc
>>
Theology student: 10/10

I get my gains directly from God himself.
>>
>>37527217
im the dentistfag but the most fun i ever had was working as a waiter. The atmosphere, the evening rush, the fun, giving great service and helping the business thrive. The most fun i ever had, if i didnt want to make more money i would have never left
>>
Architect, visit manual labour drones often to see if they don't fuck up.

It's annoying being in shape in between manual labourers if you don't do manual labour.

They are basically "muh functional strength"
>>
>>37524648
Government accountant.

Probably 0/10 for fitness, sitting down and remaining stationary for long hours ain't good.

That said, I can get up for a stroll once every hour or so and no one gives a fuck.
>>
social worker
chasing after junkies everyday
I get all the cardio I need
>>
>>37527762
>why dont you get some real mussles ya book worm!
>bunch of fake water shits you got there, see these bad boys? real muscle earned out here

Holy shit is there anything worse than this?
>>
>>37527730
it shrunk in the washing machine :(

>>37527750
thanks senpai
too bad im a manlet
>>
>>37524706
Doing shift work destroys your body cuh
>>
File: 1346390058764[1].jpg (9 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1346390058764[1].jpg
9 KB, 252x221
Dentist
Probably 2/10

I've never seen a /fit/ dentist in my life, the most /fit/ ones are skinnyfat DYELs
And the glorious /fit/fag - me
>>
I make air filters.

We basically rotate between 3 tasks within the station I work at, and out of those 3, there are 2 where you can just stand around with a headset and do something an untrained monkey could do. Last task will have you constantly moving around for 3 hours. Wouldn't mind it if I didn't get so fucking sweaty. The work itself is like pretty okay, but having that many people around you and machinery making noise EVERYWHERE is fucking exhausting. I've had some breakdowns since I started there. Basically left work crying 3 times. It is incredibly chill if you get to work after hours though.

I would kill for some desk job.

Job is 1
Work itself ~8
>>
>>37524674
Become a farmer dude. You have to work outside a lot, do lot of manual labor and also have to do lot of paperwork. Its the perfect hybrid.
>>
>>37524710
Denmark ?
>>
File: photo_1465717890685.jpg (855 KB, 674x1198) Image search: [Google]
photo_1465717890685.jpg
855 KB, 674x1198
>Work nightshift at a grocery store
>Work the liquids
>Have to deal with shit like pic related all night.
>Its only one of 10 pallets
Its awful, but damn if it isn't a nice workout.
>>
warehouse selector, we're "industrial athletes"

it fucking sucks, i'd say at least 8/10
>>
>>37528062
coke>pepsi when it comes to packing their product. Pepsi boxes are flimsy, falling apart and cant stand straight. After working in the shit you posted unpacking them i vowed never to drink that shit again
>>
>>37524648
Work on my uncle's farm mainly taking care of the pigs and piglets. Some physical work of course, but mainly a lot of walking. I burn over 1000 calories in one day (anywhere from 4-7 hours) there, so I've been having a harder time bulking.

>>37528027
Depending on the size of your farm, keep in mind it's a VERY busy job. There's always something to do and there's always unexpected problems cropping up. You can't be a slacker or everything piles up quick and it just becomes a mess.
>>
>>37524648

I'm at uni in my last year going onto PhD but worked as a bouncer for the past 3 years here. It's shit that you have to stand up all night on shit sleep and deal with idiots but it's not that /fit/
>>
IT technician at an industry complex.

I'd say 3/10, my office is at one conner of the complex, and sometimes I walk the 300*2 meters to the farthest production lines and back.
>>
>>37528168
I know dude, im a farmer
>>
>>37524648
programmer
0/10 fitness
I refuse cucking myself with a standing/walking desk
>>
>>37524674
You absolute dumb cunt. Manual labor is terrible.
>>
Chef, pays nit great but access to every kind of food I could think of for free... Daily, physically 7/10 constantly moving and lifting shit here and there, unloading trucks and all kinds of shit, and you are on your feet the whole time... It's why I'm in my 30s and weigh a whole 10lbs more than I did in high school
>>
>>37524648

Im a Warehouse worker, my job is stacking cases of product onto pallets to be shipped to customers, most cases weigh around 30-45lbs with the heavier cases being closer to 70lbs. I stack around 1700-2200 cases a day. The workstation is set up to be ergonimic so its not bad for my back. I love the work and can listen to podcasts, audiobooks and music. I live in norway so the pay is very good (80-100k usd, which is pretty comfy middleclass wage here). Done this for 8 years.
>>
>>37524648
Aerospace Engineer. 10/10, this job made me get so fat it pushed me over the self-disgust threshold to motivate me to get my shit together and get fit.
>>
>>37525846
You enjoy making shit on your own time because that's unalienated labour. Read Marx bro.
>>
>>37528487
Cool story, bro
>>
1/10
Collegefag here, ice cream parlor
I guess i have a strong right arm
>>
>>37528642
>Read Marx

Haha.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>>37528642
>Read Marx
>>
>>37527294
What union is that? Sounds like your pretty much a maintenance guy, seems fun man
>>
Warehouse worker. The pay is currently shit but the scope of my job has increased a lot lately so I'm angling for a decent raise. Shit pay made worse by the fact that I'm sitting on a Computer Science degree but I started to hate programming as I was finishing it up. Alas.

Work by myself in there though so I can listen to whatever music I want all day and am free to organize my day however I want free from any supervision.

Don't lift any boxes heavier than 50lbs and most are no more than 20. Job location is in a nice spot that I can bike to work every day through casual residential streets which is a very pleasant way to start the day.
>>
Physical therapist 8/10
>>
>>37527762
Beach muscle fag
>>
>>37527845
Ahahaha
>>
>>37524648
>Psychiatric Nurse
>4/10. I do some fitness stuff with my patients, motivate them to go to the gym, really its for my gains not theirs.
It's a high secure unit so most are violent so there's some wrestling involved a couple of times a week.
>>
>>37528642
>Read Marx.
>>
I work as a nuclear pharmacist at a fairly busy lab

>lift leaded vial shields while compounding
>probably 3-4 hours of that a day
>tungsten vial shields are death to rotator cuffs

I'd give it maybe a 5/10 on the activity scale. If I'm working night shift that shoots up to a 7/10.
>>
>>37527762
>pursue vanity and self-absorption
>real men laugh at you
>bitch on 4 chan that the guys who dont exercise in climate controlled fitness super centers are actually stronger than you

pick 3
>>
I'm doing the same thankless work I was doing at a warehouse, only difference is that I'm surrounded by lazy spooks and I thanked for service out in town. All because I was impatient to only get fucked yet believe their falsehoods at MEPS doing a shitty job that had nothing to do with civilian firefighting.

I'm halfway through service to finish the rest of the life I will never get back.
>>
Chemical plant manager

Most days are a 2/10 sitting at a desk on conference calls. Just walking around a bit

When there are problems in the plant it's 8/10. Up and down tons of stairs, lots of wrench turning and physical work.
>>
Waiter here working at a very crowded place 10 hours per day all week (lazy greeks). i am at light cardio at least 3 hours per day and keep in up with my macros is really hard...

For fat loss is a solid 10/10 and a 3/10 for bulking
>>
>>37524648
Was in forestry as a tree feller and extractor for 6 years.

>11 hour days
>Steep as fuck hills
>Lugging your chainsaw and all your gear
>Pulling bulldozer cable and thick as fuck chains
>Was fit as fuck, mentally and physically

Now work in the oil and gas industry, opening and closing valves as well as office work.
>>
>>37525431
Stories plz
>>
4/10

Market research for an aviation company I'm interning at. I pretty much try to sell new airports or runways.

Sit on desk all day and then get home and sit some more before going to gym for 2 hours.

Not ideal.
>>
File: 109.jpg (67 KB, 488x360) Image search: [Google]
109.jpg
67 KB, 488x360
>>37524674
Don't listen to these negative nellies.

Manual labour jobs are actually pretty awesome. Sure it's hard work, but your body adapts. The sun and the rain are what you make of them (ie you won't melt in the rain, sunny days rule) The human body was not meant to rot away in a cubicle all day.

>MFW so many whiney bitches replying to you
>>
Work at a supplement store
Drink protien all day sell to stupid people stuff they dont need
And on the rest of the time sitting on a chair listening to music from the store computer and on Facebook surffing
>>
>>37528959

And I'd rate it 10/10
>>
>>37528790
>>37528838
Hows that salt tasting?

You're nothing more than a worker bee
>>
>>37528967
no wonder you lucky bastard
how's the salary?
>>
>>37528985
lel no i'm a lab geek i just have respect for the guys who work harder than me
>>
File: 476 noblox.jpg (50 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
476 noblox.jpg
50 KB, 500x366
>intake specialist
>sit in front of a computer asking people questions about their psychosocial history
>wrists hurt all the time due to tendonitis
>compression shit never works anymore
>the only treatment is rest, ice, compression, and elevation along with anti-inflammatories
>try to get different jobs
>interviewer: "why would you want to leave that career to work [some job that does involve using your wrists to constantly type on a keyboard]? You are an idiot. This interview is over.
>work is so horrible to my wrists wven with the ergonomics setup that i cant do much exercise involving heavy pressure to wrists
What the fuck can I do? Since no place else will hire me because they believe only low-skilled idiots would give up this painful job to get a relaxing job. I'm contemplating recording all thess interviews snd use them as evidence for discrimination so I csn get the NEET life.
>>
Exterior Painter, 8/10. Moving heavy ass ladders, climbing up tall ass ladders. Love it.
>>
>>37529011
You have no idea the kind of fuck up "hard working men" I meet on a daily basis. They don't work harder. They "work" from 9 to 5 and start work at 10:30 and start cleaning up at 4 and are already in their care by 5

They don't know about pushing real hours.
>>
>>37528997

I get minimum wage in israel its equal to 7$ an hour
But I get bonuses in the end of the month if stick to selling our special deals and the better protiens like bpi and not the baf ones like musclepharm combat
I get each month between 600$ to 1000$ depend on the hours I did
>>
Looking to get a part time job during my gap year.

What would you guys recommend? Don't want to do something mind-numbing, not only in it for the money, I just want to work and save up for a bit.

I have no experience whatsoever.
>>
>>37529023
my two best friends, father, and father in law are all construction. they often do 6 day weeks, 10 to 12 hours a day.

quit thinking you're better than other people
>>
>>37529040
just make a kickstarter and take peopls money
>>
File: Dkr1h.jpg (25 KB, 395x405) Image search: [Google]
Dkr1h.jpg
25 KB, 395x405
>>37528642
>Read Marx
dont reply to me or my posts ever again
>>
>>37528487
I just graduated with a degree in Aerospace. What job you work for senpai?
>>
>>37529097
mars rover needs a new guy to sit inside and run on the treadmill like flintstones
>>
>>37529074
how would I get people to donate to someone of no skill? plus I don't want facebook friends to know of my begger status
>>
>>37529061
>but other people are allowed though

They don't respect me, I don't respect them. The difference being, I don't have to listen to them but they have to listen to me
>>
>data entry

Sit all day in front of computer, not fit at all

>gym is a 2 minute walk down the street

being able to adjust my schedule to workout during my lunch breaks is a godsend though
>>
>>37529117
>how do i get them to donate to someone of no skill

fucking lie... just tell them you're working on something stupid and liberal. like developing a feminist videogame
>>
>>37529142
and there it is!

they know you're an autist weiner. you're butthurt that they don't acknowledge your superior academic career!

>b-b-b-but i'm the boss so you hafta do what i say

you should want your co-workers respect
>>
>>37529207
No, simple projection

The older people there, I have no trouble working with. It's the younger generation that are envious because they pissed their life away.
>>
> Soldier
10/10 get paid to workout. got cardio for an hour in the morning then get gym after knock off al while serving my country and getting to chill in an Aslav.
>>
>>37527402
maybe a little bit, if anything I notice when I am doing a lot of overhead work my OHP goes to shit for a little while. I was hitting 145x3 pretty consistently after pyramiding up and once I start doing days of overhead work I start to struggle with 135x5.
>>
>>37524648
social worker in a kind-off boarding school for mentally retarded children.
Live together with them to assist in their daily lives. That means I have to commit to the same rules: no computers, no nightly visits, have to eat what all the children get.

>in small village, literally no qt girls except co-workers (and I don't shit where I eat)
>only have time to go to town on weekends and holidays
>next gym is 50 km away
>only working with body weight and resistance bands
>only way to get close to my protein goals is 5 scoops/day

I'm positive that's as 0/10 as it gets. Gonna leave in a year though
>>
I am a farmer. Some days are very active e.g working with livestock, fancying and general maintenance. Some days I can be sat on the tractor all day. The work is quite varied.

Also sheep shears could give a lot of /fit/ people a run for their money.
>>
Software Engineer
8/10

Free gym + courses, vending machine for protein bars/shakes, basketball & volleyball court, free bike rental, regular fitness challenges, free personal trainers, subsidized healthy food, lakes and woods nearby to go for a run, free fruits everywhere
>>
>>37524961
Are you my dad?

He's got basically the exact same story, except the only two people at the Wal-Mart deli he doesn't want to kill are a Pakistani girl and some other dude.
>>
>>37525561
I'm a university student, so I'm going to say this so I can get a moment of catharsis, as I wouldn't be able to say this to a professor under normal circumstances: That sounds boring as fuck.
>>
>>37524648
Gasfitter/sheetmetal worker/HVAC dude. Up and down ladders all day carrying heavy stuff. 6-7/10 depending on the day. When I started it was kicking my ass pretty bad.
>>
>>37524648
Probably 2/10. I work in offices for an NHS hospital. The only movement I do is getting up to go to the printer and maybe moving a few boxes around.

Dealing with clinical mistakes and hospital errors all day makes me really see how dumb staff in hospitals are.
>>
File: heavynow.png (7 KB, 700x502) Image search: [Google]
heavynow.png
7 KB, 700x502
>>37528682
Did the same for 3 years in hghschool, there was always some favors you needed two hands to scoop.
>>
File: luaghingdrake.jpg (103 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
luaghingdrake.jpg
103 KB, 540x720
>>37528642
>Read Marx bro
>>
I work in a petshop that has 100-200 lb tortoises walking around in its basement, i have to constantly move them so shoppers wont trip over them.
I give it 7/10
>>
>>37525357
>>37525431
Ayy, I'm in my senior year of a Sociology Bachelors, I was planning on getting into some of that work.

I'm 5'9 just getting out of DYEL zone, am I going to have trouble managing scumbags if I'm not intimidating as fuck?

If so, I probably need to do something else, any other low tier jobs for a bachelors?

I need something to do for a few years before I bite the bullet and join the military, want to work at an embassy one day.
>>
>>37525665
Why the hell is the wage so high?

Is it because you're likely to get shot by a nigger?

Is the place haunted?
>>
Plumber

6-7/10 depending on the day.
Need to carry lots of stuff around. The actual plumbing is not that physical though.
The job itself is pretty good and pays well, the customers can be annoying.
>>
>>37524648
Military
>get paid to train
>get paid weekly wage to go to college
>bitches love the uniform
>10/10
>>
Student researcher for emergency care governance and research company. Earns me around 16 euro per hour for data input and analysis. Can be boring as fuck but for a side job next to my study its not bad. 6/10.
>>
File: 1432405320531.jpg (14 KB, 284x253) Image search: [Google]
1432405320531.jpg
14 KB, 284x253
>>37525840
>>37525858
>>37525911
>>37525840
I work in a gutter and roofing warehouse and starting pay varies greatly based on what the bossman thinks you're worth. I started at 12.50 while guys that have been here for years are getting 11-12.

Since I'm working in gutter it's intensely physical. We don't have a gutter coil machine so we have to roll it by hand. It's rolling, lifting, cutting, and wrapping 80-120 pound rolls of sheetmetal 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Fucking killer on the back and knees.

When not doing coil you pull orders which means walking the stacks nonstop. We do a minimum of 15 miles of walking every day. IF there's a siding or window order we pull that as well and both of those fucking suck because of huge, unwieldy merchandise.. It's a nonstop full body workout.

The hours are horrible, the work is physically exhausting, and the pay is barely sufficient. On top of that most of my coworkers and the customer base are criminals and shitbags. I hear stories everyday about selling ice to pregnant women or stealing radios from cars in the parking lot of kids' dance studios.

Definitely would not recommend it at all. Find literally anything else unless you're just desperate for income.
>>
>>37529944
this desu
>>
>>37525140
Does the mail ever get sweaty because of you?
>>
Investment banker
Not desk work all day as there's a lot of client interaction although I'm fairly low on the ladder as I'm new/young so I do mostly desk work. Pays well though, 125k plus bonuses second year out of uni
>>
>>37530257
pics or it didn't happen
>>
Requesting a response from a carpenter (preferably rough or finish)
>>
I work construction too, building custom homes.

Is it better to train before or after work? I usually beat by the end of the day so I'm wondering if early morning workouts might be better
>>
Union Electrician
>>
>>37525665
No matter what thread you're in, you can never get away from e-statting on /fit/
>>
>>37524648
Software Engineer.

Most workout I get is going to the loo every hour upstairs, just to make sure I actually move during the day.

Wish there were some standing desks!
>>
File: 20150622_152213.jpg (401 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
20150622_152213.jpg
401 KB, 720x1280
beekeeper

decent amount of physical labour, the bee stings are suppose to be good for arthritis so shouldn't have to worry about that, plus I enjoy working outdoors. Pay isn't as good as it could be

(old photo, am clean shaven and more /fit/, plan to do again this year)
>>
File: 1461683042900.jpg (92 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1461683042900.jpg
92 KB, 358x350
All these successful people. I work the fruit and veg department at a supermarket.
>>
Crane operator and iron worker, days I'm running are chill as fuck but can be stressful due to some of the idiots on the other end of the crane, days I do iron work are pretty fit, absolutely hate it tho, just have to suck it up for now until I can get enough crane experience so I can do that full time or fuck off somewhere else for way better money
>>
>>37527760
Basically this. Our restaurant can go full shit show sometimes with chits taking 30+ minutes but when it's good it's a total blast and even at it's worst I can handle it pretty well. I can talk most people through a long wait time with more or less no complaints. But it's easily the most fun I've had working other than Summer Camp.
>>
File: 1452042436613.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1452042436613.gif
995 KB, 500x281
>>37530732
you're a qt
>>
Recording/mixing engineer in a decently big recording studio in a city with a pretty big music scene

99.99% of people would despise everything about this job but I love everything about it, simply because I have an autistic obsession with music. Lots of sitting and working with people who don't really know how to describe the sounds and styles they want which is p frustrating

Very decent pay
>>
I do a phd in environmental modelling.
>>
File: 1464115039779.gif (474 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
1464115039779.gif
474 KB, 400x303
>>37524648
Maintenance man here. Pretty fit, I walk around, up down stairs and turn wrenches all day, just started a consistent EC stack about 2 weeks ago and started eating better about a month ago.
>tfw down 30 pounds from 380 in the 2 months since I started back working labor
>tfw the depression is starting to ease away because of a sense of fulfilment and pride.

We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>37524648
>Won the lottery 6 months ago.
>8/10 would be a 10 if I didn't occasionally feel unworthy of my lifestyle but being able to wake up and decide to take a 1st class flight to Tijuana and fuck 10/10 girls for a weekend.
>>
Front end grocery clerk
Most of the time I'm hauling in carts from the lot, nobody else will do it
The cardio is a godsend and the union gives me immunity
Get to look at cutie customers all day, pretty great gig for what it is
>>
>>37530759
Just join the military, it's easy.
>>
>>37530980
as a NEET that couldn't get a job, this is what i did desu

it's pretty nice
>>
>>37530980
I've been considering it for a while, seems the best way of getting a better life.
>>
I'm an automation technician in a factory. I do trouble calls and preventative maintenance. Lots of climbing and walking but my heart rate doesn't get very high. I average about 15k steps per shift. I'd rate it 3/10
>>
>>37531047
>>37531048
It's pretty cushy, being a Navy POG is fun as hell.
>>
>>37531048
If you do well on the ASVAB you can get training for a job which will be better than anything you could get without experience / degrees. Especially with shit like a security clearance.

Just don't sign a 6 year contract and if you get something like intel wait for a bonus on your contract before signing.
>>
>>37530914
>>
>>37530759
That's okay, anon. I dropped out of a promising career path as a barrister to drift aimlessly through life doing odd jobs and not really accomplishing anything. It makes me happier than anything else ever did.
>>
>>37524706
Sounds pretty dope desu. Reckon a security job would have any problem with me working on my own stuff while on a shift, provided it didn't get in the way of the presumably minimal duties?
>>
>>37530980
wait, isn't the military LITERALLY the gains goblin? you wont be able to have a good diet and god knows if you'll be able to workout with consistency.
>>
>>37531090
I am definitely considering it, i need to start stepping up my cardio. Thank you for the advice anon.

>>37531115
How long have you been doing that for and what's the appeal of it to you?
>>
>>37524648
If your heart is at a cardio rate from laying bricks, you're extremely out of shape.
>>
>>37531209
Only for guys in the field, in garrison things are nice.
>>
>>37531209
while you're in training the food is dogshit but once you finish you get BAS and can buy your own food, also the facilities on most bases are top notch as fuck
>>
>>37524793

< 8 hour work
< hurr iam so defeated i cant walk anymore.

nigger, iam a special civil engineer and there are sometimes 48 hour days, because lmao we wanna get rich.
>>
>>37531221
About a year now? Four if you include the time I spent goofing off at university and throwing my life away doing something I hated.

It gives me the freedom to use my own time how I see fit without being tethered to a stifling lifestyle. I was deeply depressed and suicidal for years until I decided I didn't want the life I'd had thrust upon me and made the life I wanted my own way. I'm free, my friend.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.