[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone else pop their sternum?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: 1444746597098.jpg (89 KB, 1128x761) Image search: [Google]
1444746597098.jpg
89 KB, 1128x761
i can pop my sternum like I crack my knuckles. Is this shit dangerous? It's usually the easiest right after training chest, or right when i wake up in the morning.
>>
Yep
>>
>>37524299
I do that too, so have a bump OP, I need answers.
>>
I do. I also have mild pectus excavatum (~1 inch deep). And i can also pop my spine between my shoulder blades.
>>
Causes of Popping, Cracking Sternum or Ribs

Physical strain. This may be seen in excessive weight lifting (bench pressing) or other activities that put pressure on the chest wall, its muscles and bones. A person who supports their body weight on one hand or elbow over long periods may transfer the weight across the costal cartilage and thereby strain the joint possibly leading to inflammation or sublaxation.
>>
I got pectus carinatum/pigeon chest due to a massive growth spurt so I can too, your not alone OP.
>>
>>37524299
>>37525175
>>37525119

How old are you guys? I think this is fairly common in younger people, especially with stuff like dips.
>>
>>37525491
>>
>>37525613
Huh, should stop by your late teens or early twenties according to the (purely anecdotal) evidence I've seen. Is there pain or just the ability to crack it?
>>
>>37525626
not pain but I can feel a slight pressure in my sternum and I know it needs to pop. When I pop it, the pressure goes away.
>>
>>37525631
Cain't help you mayne. And to be honest most doctors probably couldn't either. Try a sports medicine doc or physio maybe.
>>
My brother can and I can't
But my chest insertions are a little further spaced apart where as his are pretty much together.
Those of you that can what kind of insertions do you have?
>>
mine pops, never knew why. doesn't hurt, just pops occasionally. I can kind of feel when it's ready to happen.
>>
>>37524299
more of that thick angel.
>>
I used to be able to crack my dick like I could crack my knuckles, seriously, was anybody else able to do this or am I messed up? I haven't been able to do it for quite a while though
>>
>>37525856
well your dick doesn't have a joint in it so you're actually just crunching the cartilage. be careful you don't permanently bend your dick
>>
>>37525903
It was kinda weird, needed to have a semi or harder. It wasn't bending the shaft that caused it. I would basically push in the direction of the shaft back towards my body and slightly down. It was a very distinct crack like when cracking a knuckle
>>
>>37525491
20 I got this and I know its because of dips.
>>
>>37526092
Also I pop it by taking a deep breath, holding my arms out in front with my fingers laced together and pull it over my head
>>
>>37524299
I always hear a popping when I do weighted dips, should I not do them?
>>
>>37526081
I am going to vomit, buddy.
>>
>>37525856
Been wondering if anyone else did this or just me (I certainly wasn't going to google popping dick for obvious reasons). It only happens when I have a boner and I push down perpendicularly or from a high angle so I feel the pop at the base of my dick.
>>
>>37526081
^ Exactly this! So far no noticable bending of the dick tho since its at the base that it cracks.
>>
>>37524299
Yeah. 20. Been able to do it since I was 18. No, it's not caused by dips.
>>
>>37525491
>>37525613
>>37526092
I'm 20 but that used to happen to me when I was like 12-16 probably. Idk why but it stopped
>>
File: 1465292826228.png (144 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1465292826228.png
144 KB, 499x499
Yes, but only when in the morning when I stretch everything out. It doesn't hurt. I enjoy it actually.
>>
>>37524299
Popping shit is only dangerous when you force it. You can easily Google this shit and nearly every link will tell you it's perfectly safe.

The "popping shit is bad" meme is a old wives tale
>>
>>37524299

I can do this when I first wake up or if I've been sitting hunched over for some time. I tend to take a breath, rotate my chest up and then pull my shoulder blades together with my arms out to the side.
>>
>>37526676
Lol, same.
>>
>>37525186
Fuck that shit. My pectus is about 2 1/2 inches deep, but only on the right side.
>>
>>37524299
That's from improperly dipping (letting shoulders ride up to ears).
>>
>>37525631
Fucking hell... I my late twenties (I'm 31 now), I felt a sharp pain in my sternum and a little, hard bulge would show up. Then, after few minutes, it would go away. Man, was that painful. I don't know what it was, but I didn't have it since 3 or 4 years.
Anyone has an idea what it could have been?
>>
>>37525186
ham familia, i have 1 inch deep 2 and a weak scolosis, how are your lifting stats and does it look okay, im at 77kg 182cm kinda low bf now but i hope it gets better
>>
>>37525856
same, when i have a boner
>>
>>37524299
can do that too, but rarely, like happens 0-2 times a week so i dont mind, usually in the morning if i slept in some weird position or the day after chest day (including dips)
>>
>>37525491
i just expand my chest and direct my breathing a certain way and my ribs and and chest crack, sometimes the sternum. i can do this over and over and over. feels good, expecially when i am stiff. i also crack my fingers, knuckles, toes, and spine a lot.
>>
>>37526676
same. I spend like 2-3 minutes when I wake up cracking all of my knuckles and joints. That shit is glorious
>>
>>37524299
I have PE and I can do this. There is a lot of cartilage connecting the sternum to the ribs and especially at a younger age the whole structure is flexible. I like to hold a deep breath to fill my ribcage up and then stretch my arms out and pop my sternum by stretching it across my expanded lungs. You get some wicked brain zaps doing this, kinda like a mini whippet.
>>
>>37524299
Who is this semen demon/ooze muse/fluid druid
>>
I have PE, but if I hunch over my computer for a while, it feels 10/10. I can usually move it along by kind of pulling my ribs away from my sternum
>>
>>37529274

I have a bit of scoliosis too. I'm at 180cm, 74kg and it's tough to progress in OHP and bench. Never got over 45 kg in OHP or 60 kg in bench.

Shit sucks but I don't care that much as the rest of autists at /insecurity/.
>>
i have pectus excavatum and do it every day

makes me feel like it's fixing itself which i will believe up to this point
>>
i do this sometimes:
>hit the gym hard, workout twice in a day, etc.
>take next day off foam roll, stretch, etc.
>get adjusted - everything done more thoroughly than regular people
>immediately get 1 hr tissue massage
>later that night stretch out again before bed
feels phenomenal and i think i'm the only one that does this.
>>
>>37533021
Her name is Barbi Johnson, but other than that 3-in-one pic I could find hardly shit out there save a couple low-res, fully clothed pics not worth saving.
>>
>>37524299
sauce on pic
>>
>>37536696
bumping this.
Shit I would marry a girl like that even if she had an ugly face.
>>
I can occasionally pop my sternum. Popping the sides of my feet, my ankles, my knees, my shoulders and my hip sockets is fun too.
>>
>>37524299
sometimes after standing for a few hours at work I go and sit down to take a shit and I shit so hard my back cracks, does anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>37537151
lmao fuck yeah bro thought i was the only one
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.