[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reprogramming taste buds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fatfuck.jpg (30 KB, 478x319) Image search: [Google]
fatfuck.jpg
30 KB, 478x319
Hey /fit/, I'm fucked.
I've been trying for over 15 years to lose weight, but it might be more accurate to saying "trying". I nearly throw up whenever there is a vegetable in the same room as me.
Is there anyway to reprogram your taste buds so you crave veggies?
I don't feel like I'm gonna make it.
>>
yeah. try killing yourself and be reborn. you're obviously not gonna make it anyways.
>>
A lot of what makes people hate veggies is how they are cooked. I thought I hated most veggies my whole life and pretty much refused to even touch them until I went off to college and started cooking for myself. Most things are very good roasted or grilled. I would look online and find yourself recipes for a lot of the basics like carrots, broccoli, asparagus ect. Most of them will not exactly be healthy with lots of extra oil and fats but you will learn how to cook them and what they taste like when cooked right. Once you find the ones you like and you can start slimming them down. Cauliflower is one I found really nice as well. I have made mashed cauliflower before that legitimately tastes like mashed potatoes and at this point I actually prefer it to the real thing.
>>
>>37523751
its not the taste buds per say but rather you've grown addicted to stimulating the reward center of you're brain. in fact I think a read a study that found these parts of the brain in people with obesity are similar to those who are addicted to cocaine.
>>
>>37523751
Learn to cook them yourself.

Collard greens with bacon man.
>>
File: 71VfE7rH7eL.jpg (178 KB, 1050x1601) Image search: [Google]
71VfE7rH7eL.jpg
178 KB, 1050x1601
>>37523751
>reprogram your taste buds
That's what this diet plan purports to do. Penn Jillette lost all his weight on this plan.
>>
>>37523751
You don't have to be fit mate, looool. If you want, you can just be overweight, but remember, you will not get to enjoy the benefits of being ripped.

Eating lots of vegetables won't help you lose weight unless you use them to replace other food.

Also here's a good substitute:

Cut up some butternut squash into strips and put them in the oven until they are crispy n shit. It's like fries but better to be honest. Tastes the same as sweet potato.

Also just leave off mayonnaise, if you need sauce, there's Heinz reduced sugar version, use that, and if you drink coke, swap to diet coke/coke zero/pepsi max... Immediately these things if you keep the rest of your diet the same, will shred weight off of you and you won't even notice a difference in satiety.

Btw don't make the mistake of buying nuts or dried fruits thinking they will help you lose weight because they're healthy. Those are calorie traps.
>>
>>37523751
Work out and start feeling good. Don't stop listening to your workout music and sit down and eat your fucking broccoli.
You weak fat fuck
>>
>>37523869
>20 lbs in 6 weeks
>1500kcal deficit

>OR MORE
>>
>Thinks you need to eat vegies to be slim
Just stop eating so fucking much.
Also learn to properly cook your things, vegies are best when they compliment taste, eating them raw/alone is shit tier.
>>
>>37523751
Try a 1000 diet for 2 weeks. Even soil starts tasting better
>>
>>37524258
This guy gets it. I ate what I wanted when I first started out, just less of it. Odds are you are obese so why try to make a radical change your body is going to reject, especially since you seem to treat veggies as a punishment. You need to focus on your bmr and coming in at calorie deficit daily. And don't count like an idiot, make sure you are adding up everything you eat and drink.

It's gonna take will power but if you've been at this for 15 years and can't make progress I don't know what anyone here can say to help you.

Eat less damn it!
>>
>>37524247
That happens when you cut out starches, oils, and animal products.
>>
>>37524396
Stop speaking stupidity.
>>
>>37523751
Losing weight is about the number of calories you eat, and the number of calories you burn. Eating veggies is unnecessary to lose weight.

However, veggies are desirable if you want to maintain good nutrition. Try out various recipes and vegetables, until you find some you like.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.