[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reverse Progress in Calisthenics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: meirl.jpg (190 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
meirl.jpg
190 KB, 500x598
Sup /fit/. I do mixed training with dumbbells and bodyweight exercises. For chest I used to do pushups and dips, but ever since I started I saw that every other training instead of getting stronger and doing more reps, I was actually doing less! So I replaced them with just weights. Now it's the same with my chinups. First back day and I could do 3 of them with good form. Second back day I did 2 actually, and today - third - I did NONE! WTF guys? I workout 3 to 4 times a week, PxPxLxPxPxL... so it's not like I'm overtraining or anything. Can someone explain? Also, if I just can't do chin ups any more, what are some other good and safe back workouts? I already do 4x10 incline bench dumbbell rows since I don't put pressure on my spine that way, followed by 4x10 curls. I used to begin my workout with 1xF chinups, but seems like I can't anymore. Has anyone ever experienced reverse strength progress in bodyweight exercises?
>>
Are you taking rest days? It just sounds like muscle fatigue.

It's easier to not notice when doing bodyweight, because it takes much longer to set in than if you weight train.
>>
>>37521664
>I workout 3 to 4 times a week, PxPxLxPxPxL... so it's not like I'm overtraining or anything

Also I have no trouble advancing in weightlifting exercises, only with body weight exercises. I also jump rope, a lot, so it's not like I'm getting fat or anything.
>>
eat food
>>
>>37521752
I'm 178cm tall 77kg. I'm not a skelly, I have a lot of extra fat and not much muscle. I always workout 3 hours after lunch, which is my "biggest" meal, so no, energy and food are not the problem I think.
>>
>>37521717
That makes absolutely no sense. Bodyweight training is just weight training using your body as the weight.

Rows and curls work different muscles than pullups, so the only other thing i can think of is that you've been neglecting back muscles in favor of arms.
>>
>>37521794
*chinups, excuse me
>>
>>37521629
Are you getting enought sleep? are your macros in check? are you training every body part 2 days a week like a natty should? Something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>37521794
>>37521804
I don't know man, it really makes no fucking sense. All I can think is that I might have used shitty form in the past and now I'm fixing that subconsciously, or that I'm using a wider grip, but today I gave it my best and I couldn't even do one. After I failed the chinup grip I even tried the side grip but still... Should I just do negatives? I've tried them in the past and I felt like they are a waste of time...
>>
>>37521829
I've always been training 3-4 times a week, 1 day for each muscle group. I'm eating the same food (mostly healthy stuff) I've always eaten. My sleep is pretty good. I've been able to do them in both winter 2015 and also May 2016, but now something is wrong man. And it's not like I'm tired when I get to that exercise, it's my first one! Everything has remained the same apart from my reps.
>>
File: 1464731940352.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464731940352.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
Bump
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.