[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are those good for running or just a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: men-s-bikila-evo.jpg (29 KB, 458x458) Image search: [Google]
men-s-bikila-evo.jpg
29 KB, 458x458
Are those good for running or just a meme
>>
terrible for footjobs
>>
>>37519431
/thread
>>
File: lel.jpg (25 KB, 292x245) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
25 KB, 292x245
>>37519431
>>
>>37519409
Depends on your feet. Is your arc good? Or do you have flat feet/weak arcs? I used a pair to run 8 miles every week for a year and a half straight. I would run 3 miles monday, 3 miles wednesday, and 2 miles on friday. They lasted a looooost ass time before I had to throw them away. I have good arcs that are neither flat nor high so they worked really good for me. They will change your running pattern to a forefoot type where you never place your heel first so it is better for your knees.
>>
My boss has a pair he's had for four years, swears by them using them for lake shoes.
>>
>>37519497
Same person here. Get the komodo dragons if u can. They are pretty good all around shoes for running on rain or in dry surfaces.
>>
>>37519409
I bought a pair of toe shoes from Vibram for running maybe 5 years ago. If you run heel-toe, the impact on the ground shoots straight up your spine and you'll get back pain. They recommend you land on your toes, and the rest of your foot acts like a shock absorber. This is how I would run in them, but eventually, it puts a ton of strain on the arges of your feet and your calves, and there have been a lot of posts from users who injured themselves pretty badly as a result.

Vibram lost a class-action lawsuit because they had lied about all of the supposed health benefits that came with wearing them.

That being said, they're fairly comfy to wear and I have them on when I do leg day, but I feel a bit goofy wearing them in the gym. They're alright for what they are but they won't cure bad posture, or whatever the other bs health benefits they claimed were.
>>
On the same topic: which shoe model/brand is the best for running and won't make me look like an idiot?
>>
google the lawsuits for people getting money for stress fractures in their feet
>>
>>37519509
You're suppose to use a forefoot strike pattern on them. That's their purpose. Retards that got injured are the kind of consumers that don't do research on proper running technique and even on the anatomy of their own fucking feet. Fucking imbecils. Also they give u pretty nice calves.
>>
>>37519409
They look like they aren't nail-proof
running in my shitty neighborhood my shoes blocked a couple nails by now, I'd get something thicker
>>
>>37519527
Komodos
>>
>>37519409
>buy nike free run 2.0 a year ago because they looked kewl
>also buy expensive pair of mizuno's as recommended by the running club I am in
>start to get injuries with mizuno's
>realize that JUST WALKING with those nike free 2.0 is like a goddamn massage to my feet
>Keep only using the nike free runs
>not a single goddamn injury anymore

Not sure what those are what you have op but shit, these "low profile" shoes are not just gimmicky. They are fucking awesome.

Everyone in my club always complains about injuries and tries to manage them. But I dont. So I wonder about your pic related ones.
>>
>>37519553
Indeed. I have the exact opposite of idiots' problems, I just cannot strike the ground with my heel. I find it is a retarded way to run and wholly unnatural. I usually run barefoot on treadmill so I can land on the front of my foot. Fact that people don't know that that is how humans evolved to run is sad but not unexpected.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.