[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Random Questions and Remarks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: 1452383909348.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
1452383909348.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3840
ITT: anything.
>>
Workmate noticed my gains.

>Hey, Anon, have you been lifting or something? I had never noticed your forearms were like this... and you look... fuller or something...

>"T-thanks senpai... I g-guess I'm just wearing tighter shirts than usual, hehehe...."

Not fit enough to let it out that I do work out.

>inb5 bigorexia
>>
How long do protein stay "active"?
>>
>>37515926
>Started lifting four months ago
>Bench up from 90 3x5 to 140 3x5 (tits to top, paused at the bottom and top)
>Stall for a bit and switch to an 3x8 rep scheme, plan to progress until my 3x8 weight matches or is just short of my previous 3x5 weight then go back
>every time I do 3x8 flat, it makes me sore as fuck in my clavicle head/upper pec and not all in my sternal head/mid and lower pec.

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>37515953

Is your form OK?

45° angle from your core to your arms?
>>
Women don't care and don't want to know about the matrix. They just want to fuck Neo.
>>
Is overtraining a myth?

I normally work out every other day, but when work gets busy, it can be much less. Sometimes 5 days go by without working out. I'm still progressing, however, still getting stronger and looking more muscular.

I once stopped for 2 weeks and hardly noticed any difference. I was on holidays. I didn't get weaker and I saw no muscle loss. I hear 2 weeks is about when your body starts to reduce your muscles if they don't get used.
>>
>>37515962
Yeah, and I try to keep my forearm in line with my wrist throughout and push up and back slightly. I touch the bar to right at my sternum and push it up so it covers the same rafter on my ceiling every time. I'm stuck using a grip that is shoulder width apart, though because my bench is shit and can't facilitate doing a regular grip with somebody who is 6'4.
>>
>>37515978

How many pushups can you do? In a row.
>>
>>37515971
2 weeks on a deficit of 500 calories without cardio

some people with better genetics can hang on to muscle for longer

overtraining doesnt have to be full on i-am-going-to-die agonizing, or a complete halt to gains, but it can slow down your progress from interrupted recovery (i.e. only 2.5lb strength gain instead of 5lbs)
>>
Is it me or the "law of diminishing returns" is brutal?

When I started, a weakling, I could load up fairly frequently. But now, it'll take over a month or two to load up. Meanwhile, I increase reps and such, so I do see progress, but it's slow as balls.

Is this normal?
>>
>>37515983
53, but I don't know if that's a good measure for whatever you're trying to know because I intentionally train them and have been working on them since before I started lifting. I go to basic training in August.
>>
>>37516013

It is a good measure. I was going to recommend trying pushups instead of bench pressing, but 53 is so high that it means the exercise is virtually useless for strength gains.

Could it be your bench pressing is too heavy?
>>
>>37516004

Depends on how strong you are, but yes.

An absolute beginner can put 10 or 20lbs on his squat in a few days. A highly experienced lifter can take whole training cycles to do that - and still fail half the time.
>>
>>37516021
Possibly, I could try deloading back five to ten pounds or so since I haven't done this rep scheme on a compound lift before. First time i did it, it felt like somebody shot up hot tar into my veins or something.
>>
>>37516034

Try that.
>>
>>37516037
Will do. Thanks, anon.
>>
I really recently started lifting, doing a PPL routine my brother who is super fit gave me.

I'm proud of myself, I dont really have too many people to talk about this kind of thing but I think I've been doing really well.

It was really my first lifting ever, I think I'm finally getting the form down for the big lfits. I have a pretty huge frame and used to be extremely in shape (swam three hours a day every day for four years) and kind of slipped out of shape over the last two.

Lifting is fucking fun. I love being able to measure my improvement. This week I haven't been increasing weight, but making sure I'm doing exercises completely properly, and it makes everything so much harder! Doing a bench press until you touch the chest, instead of a few inches above, the difference is massive.

I havent noticed myself looking any different, except my stretch marks are gone, which is how I know I'm making steps in the right direction.

Im sore and it feels good.
>>
>>37515926
Asking again because I didn't get an answer in the other thread (maybe it's a dumb question)

If I'm sitting at a constant weight then surely I can assume that I'm meeting my caloric requirements right? Therefore if I start doing weights I can just slap an extra 500 calories or so above what I'm currently taking in?
>>
>>37516043

Good job.
>>
>>37516052
>If I'm sitting at a constant weight then surely I can assume that I'm meeting my caloric requirements right? Therefore if I start doing weights I can just slap an extra 500 calories or so above what I'm currently taking in?

Sure, if needed. If you have any extra fat on you, bulking isn't necessary. I got some fat on my belly, if I bulked, I'd just get fatter.

Bulking is done solely to ensure your body has enough resources. That's all. Extra fat = excess energy. Any excess means you have enough.

No need to get fat to get strong.
>>
My current work out is based on SS principles using DB and a pullup bar.

>military presses with DB
>pushups (5 sets of 10 reps, which is almost my max, I started weak as fuck and couldn't do a single pushup a few months ago only)
>various legs exercises though mostly flexibility ones for now
>chinups

This combines pushing, pressing, and leg. It works great for me, better than anything I've tried before. Anything wrong with it in your opinion? Back it up with some argument so I can understand your opinion better.
>>
>>37516067
Thanks. I'd probably have to take extra in that case, I'm a very light guy (50kg) so there's not much left to trim.
>>
>>37516088

50kg?

How tall are you?
>>
>>37516098
174cm
>>
>>37516106

You must be hella skinny. I'm 178 and weight 76, and I'm not mountain of muscle.

Regardless of your working out goals, you should eat a little more, no doubt.
>>
>>37516120
>You must be hella skinny.
You can't see my ribs or anything, but yeah I'm fairly thin. Definitely going to start eating more I think.
>>
>>37516136

Load up on protein. It'll do your muscles good and you'll gain weight too. But anything goes.
>>
>>37516080
>Anything wrong with it in your opinion?
Basically all you need to do is to keep improving performance while hitting everything in a balanced manner. Keep pushing performance and gains will follow.

The further you are from your genetic potential limit, the easier and simpler this is. Things will pretty much happen automatically. As you get closer to your potential, you'll find that you'll have picked all the low-hanging fruit and as such it becomes increasingly difficult to keep improving your performance. It won't just happen automatically anymore. That's where clever programming comes in, as it can help you train in the most effective way in order to keep making gains.

But while what you're doing is balanced and works well, there's literally no reason to change it. Just keep at it and enjoy it while it works. When progress eventually slows down and comes to a halt, that's when you have to get smart.
>>
tell me how to make quality rice /fit
>>
>>37516156
I guess I'll start dumping protein powder in my porridge or something
>>
>>37515945
read the "sticky"
>>
>>37516175

>chocolate flavoured
>in milk

Now that's good shit.

Hardcore mode:

>banana flavoured
>in water
>>
>>37516213

I have read it and there's nothing about that.
>>
>>37516247
>banana flavoured
>in water
Sounds nasty
>>
>>37516258

It is. My woman found two big jugs of this shit for 50 cent each, so I couldn't pass the opportunity, but boy did it taste like ass for a long time.
>>
>>37516273
>50 cent each
Definitely worth it even if it tastes like shit.
>>
>>37516173
You don't make quality rice, you buy quality rice. I recommend jasmin rice.
>>
What's best? Smith machine leg curls or barbell rows? Gonna do my own program, please answer
>>
>>37516336

Free weights are always better.
>>
>>37516336
>What's best? Smith machine leg curls or barbell rows?
That's like asking what's best? A car or toilet paper? You can't compare those two exercises. They're for different things.
>>
I had an entrance exam to a social services related programme and a psychologist asked me if I used doping.

Was a bit put back and managed a "h-heh no" (I am natty and rather small at that).

Why would you ask something like that when everybody is gonna lie anyway and no man is a walking lie-detector especially if the applicant is nervous.

Or perhaps they just screen for psychos who would actually reply C'MON GET BIG
>>
>>37515926

>Random question:

I do fuckloads of cardio on Thursdays and Saturdays. (At least 1000 calories worth of cardio) I know cardio messes with my gains...

So, on which days should I make my routines the most intense and muscle-building??? (for chest, legs, back, shoulders)

i.e. on what day would you lift heaviest if you do fuckloads of cardio on Thurday and Saturday.
(and a bunch on Monday too, if that helps)
>>
File: DQGS001C_LRG.jpg (185 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DQGS001C_LRG.jpg
185 KB, 1000x1000
I own pair of gymnastics shoes like those.
Are they good for lifting?
>>
>>37515926
Which micros are the most important and which food is rich with that specific micronutrient?
>>
>>37516388
No. I slip inside the shoes when I do heavy squats/DLs. That just doesn't feel right. I use meme-chucks. They feel alright.
>>
noob here, have been going to gym for a month but I'm finding the 40 min walk a little tedious.

I'm looking into setting up an extremely cheap home setup using barbells, and I was wondering if anyone could point me towards what support furniture I should be buying alongside the barbell + weights.

I'm going for starting strength, so a squat rack, bench press rack and dips/chinups.
>>
>>37516539
Look up rippletits videos on youtube he has a few that cover in quite good detail on what to look to for.

If I ever wanted a homegym that is who I will go by rather than some randomers on an Iraqi knitting society.
>>
I find it super hot when women wear t-shirts and it has that horizontal wrinkle like pic related.

> be fatty dyel guy
> start working out, losing weights
> lose so much weight that I need to buy new clothes
> order online, hard to tell sizes cause
> wear tight effay tshirt
> notice the horizontal wrinkle

JUST
>>
approached my gym crush 2 weeks ago when i saw her walking to the gym from my train.
she seemed pretty interested, asked me a lot of questions from the start, even more than i asked her i think. she also said that she never saw me in the gym before.
later split ways, thought to myself that i ask for her number next time i see her in the gym.
next time i saw her at the gym, i was about to walk out and she was mid workout, she said "oh, i haven't seen you when i walked in", told her i was doing squats and i'm in a hurry, she said something like enjoy the rest of your day and i left.
so i met her again 2 days ago walking to the gym again and i talked to her. i asked her if she is german and she asked "yes, you?", i replied yes and she said yea i think us germans are meant to be together, i mean for marriage etc.

i asked what she is training today and she said uhm, i will see when i'm there, i always just train randomly. she also said that my brother and me look like twins (my brother didn't train since like 2 months).
later when i met her at the gym, i told her to do some exercise which will kill her abs and she said "well i try, but it isn't on my plan".

my question is: why is she lying about such retarded things? if she never saw me at the gym before, how does she know that my brother and me look alike? why does she say she does random exercises and later says she has a routine?

she also did weird shit in the gym like just randomly walking away without saying anything. my mate told me she does that so she checks if i run after her, which i obviously didn't do.

sorry for retarded syntax, i'm in a hurry and tired
>>
>>37516999
++ she also asked what i'm doing outside of the gym which is a good sign but i was to fucking pussy to ask her if she wants to do something after.

god i feel like a faggot when reading this
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.