[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize some of the bars weigh less than others even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: THAT FEEL WEIGHT.jpg (271 KB, 1383x1625) Image search: [Google]
THAT FEEL WEIGHT.jpg
271 KB, 1383x1625
>tfw you realize some of the bars weigh less than others even though they're not labeled and look really similar
>tfw the days you thought you were making good gains were just days you accidentally loaded up the 35lb bar

This is crushing me brehs. No realization has ever defeated my will to lift as soundly as this one.
>>
>>37514690
I just realized this when OHPing as well. Couldn't finish last set.
> Feelsbadman.png
>>
>>37514690
>>37514860
>BWAAAAAH THE BAR WAS 10lBS LIGTHER THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS

Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves, consider the fact that you only have to become stronger by 10 more pounds for the gains you thought you had to become legitimate.
>>
put your mark on the 45lbs bar
>>
>>37514897
consider the fact that once you start lifting bitch weight 10 lbs is a whole lot
>>
>>37514930
>stop
>>
>>37514922
>put your mark on the 45lbs bar
wew lad
>>
>>37514930
I guarantee I was weaker than you when I started lifting with a 55lb bench on a smith machine. After 8months of lifting I'm still DYEL with a 147.5lb (3x5) bench on a proper bench press. The point is no matter how weak you are if you put in the time and effort you can become stronger.
>>
>>37515069
Wow, how insightfull
>>
>>37514690
Dude I just made this realization too

>set to dead 275x5
>fail after 3 reps
>get all upset that my gains are ruined
>realize a few day later that the bar I used is a newer 55lb(?) bar they bought a couple of because all the original bars are fucking bent
>>
>>37515102

If its genuinely a 55lb bar, you don't want to be using it for deadlifting.
>>
>>37515069
Shit man I've only been lifting for a month and do 170 5x5, you shouldn't be giving advice
>>
File: Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew.jpg (20 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew.jpg
20 KB, 303x276
>>37515107
at only 275 lbs there's not enough weight to trigger the "flex" in a proper deadlift bar anyway.

you ain't seen people deadlifting with thicker bars to get their hand strength up ?

I'm not talking coffee cup pipe thick, but maybe 32 mm instead of the usual 28....

>just me
>>
>>37515107
Yeah I switched back to the 45lb bar for the sake of consistency; and because my hook grip could barely even fucking hold 275 for 2.5 reps, not sure if it's in my head but the bar seems marginally thicker
>>
>>37515116
The only advice I'm trying to give is that you have to work with what you have. Anytime you think to yourself "I wish I was born with those strong genetics" just think of me and realize you have them already.
>>
>>37515120
>usual 28
A powerlifting bar is 29mm
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.