[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is meditating /fit/ related? do you guys meditate or is it a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
is meditating /fit/ related?
do you guys meditate or is it a meme?
>>
>>37512877
>is meditating /fit/ related?
No
I do it though
Dhammatalks.org
>>
>>37512980

>Buying into that spiritual woowoo
>Meditating because scientifically proven benefits

pick one
>>
>>37513061
>not being absolutely fucking retarded
>making that post

pick one
>>
meditation is a meme
>>
>>37512877
this meme shit has really gotten outta hand senpai.
I meditate daily. it's helped me tremendously on a personal level but not everyone is the same or has discipline needed to meditate daily. That said it is definitely beneficial to sit in a quite room alone and reflect.
>>
How the fuck can meditating be a "meme." It is something that has existed before the dawn of civilization.

What a fucking retarded thing to say.
>>
>>37512877
meditation alleviates stress which is a huge problem in todays society affecting the body negatively :)
>>
File: FI_Self_Immolation.jpg (96 KB, 958x340) Image search: [Google]
FI_Self_Immolation.jpg
96 KB, 958x340
If a man can let himself burn alive without moving or showing any sign of pain, then no, it is not a meme.
>>
>>37512877
Tactical breathing master race

After learning about tactical breathing I stopped doing vipassina meditation. once in the morning and once at night i do paced breathing(tactical breathing or boxed breathing)

5 sec inhale, 5 sec hold, 5 sec exhale, 5 sec, hold repeat for as long as you want.

I only do about 10 minutes. I have only missed one or two days since I started doing this. Iv also found myself doing this breathing naturally at bjj.

overall it seems to be helpful. Just dont forget to focus. I tend to let my mind wander. Defintly need to focus on the moment.
>>
>>37513219
>cavemen were the original memers
>>
>>37513290
The point is to pull it out during stressful situations to remain calm and focused btw.

see mark divine on tactical breathing
>>
>>37512877
Self control is alpha. However you choose to get there matters little.
>>
>>37512877

If you referred to meditation as 'mental floss,' you would understand the vitality of doing it daily.
>>
>>37513290

If you haven't stumbled upon it already, a good trick to keep your mind engaged is to maintain some feeling of air-flow through your nostrils. This way you're still engaging your diaphragm on the 5 second holds, rather than just closing off your lungs.
>>
>>37513362
Thanks for the tip. Ill start trying this tonight and see how it works.
>>
>>37513362
>>37513290

Thanks for these, anons. I have been wanting to buffer my mental abilities, lately.
>>
Undertow>>Aenima>>Lateralus>>10,000 Days>>>Opiate
>>
>>37513701
I'd put Lateralus first or equal to Aenima and Opiate further up as I have a soft spot for it. Otherwise, fairly accurate.
>>
Meditation is just relaxing your mind from increasing its momentum.
>>
>>37512877
essential part of a /fit/ and healthy lifestyle

it's lifting for your brain

also, less anxiety = less cortisol = more gains
>>
Sometimes I question if anything is really /fit/ related.

The mind is part of your body and keeping it fit has to count, yes?

At any rate I'm a hobbyist occultist and meditation is part and parcel of that, so yes I practice it. It's very rewarding but obviously requires a bit of dedication to get right. If you think about it, of course it's useful:

>sitting quietly and peacefully considering your life
>training your ability to focus on things

Even without any kind of spiritual tint it's clearly beneficial. I recommend everyone trying it.
>>
>>37513299
>Unga bunga skateboard squats
>>
>>37514716
What kind of meditation do you use?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.