[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 468x316) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 468x316
Does anybody here smoke?

If so, how much do you smoke on a weekly basis and do you think it affects your performance?
>>
>>37510871

>1 gram of weed at least, every day. rolled in 2 or three joints.

>8-12 cigarettes a day

>do you think it affects your performance?
Yes, but not enough to make me give a fuck. I rep 1/2/3/4 for 8+ reps without really getting tired, I run 5k in under 20 minutes and I can bike 40k without stopping. I still play hockey and don't get very tired by the end of my shifts, either.
>>
I only smoked when I was depressed and now I only do it when I'm drunk. Stopped b/c I didn't want to fuck my cardio for my sport and just do dip rarely.
>>
>>37510895
>>37510926

Current situation for me is I sort of started again a week before my 21st, smoke probably 10 when i'm drunk though half the time probably don't even finish a cig.
Don't really smoke during the week unless I really, really want one. Withdrawal symptoms make me feel like complete shit though.
>>
Probably around 3-4 cigarettes a day on average. Not because I enjoy or because I need it, I just have nothing else to do.
>>
>>37510947
I can go through two packs a night if I'm drunk easily. Feels like I've barely lit one before it's done.
>>
>>37510966
Shit, doesn't it fuck you up the day after though?
>>
>>37510871
I smoke about 525 cigs a week. I've given up trying to quit at this point. I'm 22 btw
>>
>>37511006
I hope you've had your will written down.
>>
>>37510871
I vape and smoke weed
>>
>>37511021
Cmon it's not that bad. I only smoke about 2.5 cartons a week give or take
>>
>>37511025
I used to vape, getting through probably a 10ml bottle a week, wasn't too bad I guess just couldn't put up with the "vapings for fags" comments from non-smoking friends, just went back to smoking in the end.
>>
Used to smoke
Went from 4-9 a day to two packs, then down to 7-15 a day.
Picked up a vape three weeks ago. Only time I've smoked since is at work with my smoking buddy (maybe 3 a week). If I'm not working with him I just won't smoke.
>>
>>37511074
Yeah definitely not that bad.
>>
File: CTMTf_tUcAAQIgA.jpg (10 KB, 199x270) Image search: [Google]
CTMTf_tUcAAQIgA.jpg
10 KB, 199x270
>>37511074
that's 75 cigs a day lmao, my great grand pappy only smoked 40 a day and died of lung cancer at 45.
>>
>>37511100
I'm thinking about picking up a vape to help me quit. Right now I'm at 4-9 a day. How much nicotine did you start off with on your vape juice?
>>
>>37511378
If you're at just 4-9 you can quit cold turkey without much hassle.
>>
>>37511378
I'd recommend 12mg. not too strong, not too weak.
>>
>>37511437
Yeah, I've done it a couple times for a month or 2, but it always just takes one bad day...
>>
>>37510871
>smoking
>kills apetite
>thus killing gains
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN
>>
>>37510871
I smoke about a pack a week. Haven't noticed any adverse affects over the last 6 months that I have been. Still run pretty well
>>
>>37510871
smoking shisha every two days
>>
>>37510871
around 10 cigs a day.
yeasterdy i smoked about 4 packs because my gf suddenly said she wanted to left me and i was stressed.
doesnt really effect my strenght desu senpai
>>
>>37510949

Fucking this so much.

If I had something more productive to do I wouldnt even smoke. But when boredom hits its like I could kill a few minutes standing outside enjoying nature smoking a cig.

I also only smoke American Spirits. I know they are still unhealthy because you are inhaling smoke but hey at least that smoke isnt filled with added chemicals.
>>
>>37510871

I've been smoking just about 2 packs a week for almost 3 years now.

Performance wise, it's not bad. I started cardio a few months ago - the first day was a struggle. Searing pain in my lungs after a minute jog, it was a mess. After that initial run I've had no problems making cardio gains.

I haven't noticed any impact with regards to the weights.

I even light one up between sets of squats sometimes. Homegym master race.

The only thing I'd change is dropping down to a pack a week to get back that airy head-rush you get when you first start smoking. I miss that feeling.
>>
75 cigarettes a day
>>
I used to smoke at uni for a good 3 years.

Once I graduated, I stopped cold turkey. About three years ago

About 5 months ago my (ex) gf cheated on me and I smoked to get through my stressful job and the pain of her betrayal.

Haven't smoked again since the day after I dumped her.

I used it as a crutch for my crippling psychological problems. They think I'm likely bipolar.
>>
Why would I do something that people only ever start with because of the desperate need to socialize in highschool?

I don't know of a more stupid thing than smoking cigarettes.
I mean, weed at least has some kind of fun-effect and unless you are not a 420 smoke every day weed sponge head faggot then it's probably acceptable.

But smoking? Holy fuck. And an entirely industry of Jews laughs at you will taking your money so that you can voluntarily kill yourself, what a joke.
>>
>>37510871
1 - 3 bowls of tobacco per week, improves performance. Tobacco boosts test, clears mind, lowers cortisol, releases GH etc.
>>
How much does smoking affect your gains? I know it kills appetite, but even if you're getting the calories you need, does it still fuck up muscle development somehow?

>>37512187
No one is arguing that it's fucking stupid, but once the addiction has you it feels impossible to break.

However, if smoking didn't cause the health problems it does I would smoke for the rest of my life, easily. I enjoy the act of smoking and some of the best talks with friends I've had have been while we're having a smoke somewhere.
>>
>>37510949
I'd recommend switching to vaping like me but I've basically started vaping for hours on end. Went from smoking~4 cigs a day to constantly vaping. Can't help but think vaping at that volume is as bad as the occasional cigarette.
>>
>>37512285
>However, if smoking didn't cause the health problems it does I would smoke for the rest of my life, easily. I enjoy the act of smoking and some of the best talks with friends I've had have been while we're having a smoke somewhere.

This so much. Smoking being so bad for you is a cruel joke by nature. Enjoying a cigarette and a drink with a friend is the best.
>>
>>37512116
At my loneliest, cigarettes were the only thing keeping me company. I'd be alone but I always knew I could step out and enjoy a cigarette. Never felt good after smoking a cigarette though. Always felt like shit , but I'd keep coming out to smoke.
>>
>>37512285
>it feels impossible to break

There is not even a serious, physical addiction to it and there are hundreds of helping tools out there.
New a fucking chain smoker that literally smoked a cig every fucking 5 min. This guy was never not smoking, it was the worst case of a chain smoker I ever fucking saw.
And when his chest began hurting one day he quit cold turkey and never looked back.

You are objectively and logically the perfect analogy and equal to the fatties. A fat person enjoys eating all day every day and instead of working through their food addiction they rather play it down and tell others how hard it is to lose weight.
And I bet in every FPH thread there are numerous, heavy smokers that laugh at them, not realizing that they retarded, socially induced self killing smoking habit is logically the same goddamn thing.
>>
>>37512350
It's a break from your daily life.

I used it how people use cigarette breaks at work.

Sounds weird, bit it works. I also have good friends at work that happen to smoke, and just talking to them pulls me through. Even if they don't know shit about my personal trivial shit.
>>
>>37512377
Keyword: feels. Smoking also has a brutal psychological addiction.

No one's arguing this, dude. It's dumb, we get it. Smokers are fucking aware at how retarded continuing to smoke is. The difference between your comparison of fatties to smokers is that fatties revel in how fat they are while smokers are willing to admit it's stupid and shitty for them yet it's difficult to quit.
>>
>>37512377
I wouldn't laugh at a fatty who has a food addiction.
>>
I smoke a pack a day. Get a gram of weed everyday.

I need to stop and acknowledge this. It isn't good i know it
>>
File: Innokin-cool-fire-4-in-hand.jpg (53 KB, 640x586) Image search: [Google]
Innokin-cool-fire-4-in-hand.jpg
53 KB, 640x586
Any /mouth fedoras/ up in here?
>>
>>37512460
No, not true. You don't realize it. You don't truly embrace it.

If you did, you would stop. It's as simple as that.
The only reason you do not stop is that you think that you will get away with it.
Fatties aren't different. You think a fat person doesn't know that they are fucking up? They do, they just surrender as much as you do, hoping it won't come back at them.
>>37512483
Every fatty has as much of a food addiction as you have an addiction to cigs.
>>
>>37512543
>Every fatty has as much of a food addiction as you have an addiction to cigs.

I'm not a smoker but that is such a retarded statement.
>>
>>37512724
The physical addiction to nicotine is neglectable and you can even handle it with various tools, such as patches containing it.

The only reason smokers do not quit is because they are feeling too comfortable and lazy.
Just like fatties.

There you go, quite literally the same type and grade of addiction.
>>
>>37512764
Lucky you. You've never been addicted to something . It's much harder than you think it is ...
>>
>>37512192
Citation needed. I smoke a pipe and would like the info
>>
i smoke ganj every other day. helps me eat
>>
>>37512848
I was a pack a day smoker for over 2 tears, quit everything when I realized I was only running away from my emotions with them. Worked through my emotions and when I came back to cigarettes they weren't the same. Cigarettes are only good if you're too much of a pussy to withstand days of sadness and anger
>>
Allan Carr's EASYWAY to stop smoking. It works
>>
>>37511124
Tim in that episode reminds me of every person I've ever met who vapes
>>
>>37510871
I quit because it is a waste of money also I would get short of breath during runs. After a couple months my house smelled a lot more clean. Apparently I smelled better too.
>>
=<0 a week, sometimes as many as a pack a week but thats only if I'm camping

Its weird, I dont get cravings anymore after the first time I quit like 5 years ago for a whole year. I used to lool at the clock waiting for my next cig and now I dont care, its only if a friend has a pack.
>>
>>37512538
Yep, started recently, but I think I need a higher nicotine ejuice, I just smoked an unfiltered camel today and it was orders of magnitude stronger than vaping
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.