[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proper workout clothing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: Workout clothes.jpg (10 KB, 660x220) Image search: [Google]
Workout clothes.jpg
10 KB, 660x220
So /fit/, I'm about to attempt to do something about my appearance and weight for the first time in my life. I'll be taking a weight training class this Monday but am unsure of how to properly dress. There's a sport authority that I'm going to visit first, any recommendations?

Appreciate any assistance.
>>
this is literarily the last thing You should worry about
>>
Shorts, t-shirt, shoes that you only use indoors, 2x towel (one to place your sweaty ass on so you don't mess up the bench, one for the shower).
>>
File: 1462678628009.jpg (77 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
1462678628009.jpg
77 KB, 539x960
>>37510478
at the gym this morning
me on the left
>>
>>37510545
Hmm, sounds simple enough. I think I'll also get a pair of gloves to protect my hands while I lift weights.

Also, why shoes only to use indoors? Something about wear and tear or something?
>>
File: 1452296901221.gif (3 MB, 456x288) Image search: [Google]
1452296901221.gif
3 MB, 456x288
>>37510622
> I think I'll also get a pair of gloves to protect my hands while I lift weights.

No. Do you want to keep your hands frail and weak? Is the equipment rusty/ chipping of iron shavings?
No.
>>
>>37510478
Basketball shorts.
>>
>non-logo t-shirt
>H&M sweatpants
>nike lunars

don't give a fuck. I'm /comfy/ as hell.
>>
>>37510622
You get gloves you get off of this board kiddo
>>
>>37511329
>>37511408

Leave him alone, anon clearly makes his living by giving handjobs and needs to keep his work tools in good condition.
>>
>TGWWSTTG
>>
>>37511329

>2013+3
>Not giving silky smooth handjobs to your husbando
>>
>>37510478
Just wear jogger sweatpants, tank top, and high top flat soled shoes.
>>
>>37510478
The cheapest pair of shorts you can find with pockets, an old tshirt, socks and shoes. Compression underwear are nice too.
>>
>>37511329
>>37511434
>>37511979
What's wrong with getting fingerless gloves for weight lifting? Don't I want to avoid the risk of breaking any skin?
>>
>>37514405
Ah, I should also add that I'm very much into drawing and that it runs in my family, so wouldn't it make sense to protect my hands while I'm lifting?
>>
File: 1465498643745.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1465498643745.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>37514405
> he wears gloves
>>
File: Clean-Jumping-Position.jpg (32 KB, 560x306) Image search: [Google]
Clean-Jumping-Position.jpg
32 KB, 560x306
i often lift shirtless and with shorts and sweatpants or with a dry fit shirt tucked into my shorts or sweatpants. and some oly shoes.

>pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 239x211
>>37511434
>>
>>37514446
At least explain, also what about the point I brought up here >>37514432 ?
>>
>>37514640
gloves make you look like a pussy in the gym because most people don't wear them. that's it. wear them or don't.
>>
>>37514640
You can wear them, just don't tell that to autists here, they get triggered for whatever reason.
>>
Alright, so after reading up I think I'll refrain from using gloves and just go at it bare-handed, using chalk if needed and maintain any callous with Pumice stone and hand lotion.

Also, I'm using a college gym for my workouts but they're only open M-Thurs and closed Fri-Sun. Reading that novice guide in the FAQ it says I should be doing it 3 times a week, never doing 2 workouts on consecutive days.

Problem is, I'd have to do it on consecutive days with the college gym since they're close on certain days. So should I just do 2 days a week every other day, or go ahead and have 1 consecutive day?
>>
File: anon.jpg (114 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
114 KB, 579x570
>>37515267
Literally how new are you? You can do two days in a row BUT you need to, ill repeat it, NEED to get 8+ hours if youre going to do consecutive days. That and you need to keep your nutrition in check. Do the 3 days a week
>>
>>37515267
>>37515492
* of sleep
>>
>>37515492
>Literally how new are you?
I haven't done anything workout related since 10th grade; I'm 26 years old atm and attempting a major life-style change.

Also, is a combo of Peanuts and a Banana a decent pre-workout food? I really don't want to get into shakes and all that other shit, that's way too high level for me atm.
>>
>>37515575
Im sure you read the sticky for bulking and are deciding to chose either sl or ss. Both are great. As for pre workout food I recommend a banana and 1oz of almonds, peanuts will make you feel sick if you eat to much. Also get a food scale as soon as possible.

Baby steps anon and youll make it
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
>>37510478
short running shorts are great for squatting, especially the ones made with a slightly stretchy fabric
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>37510478
Summer:
running shorts and a slightly loose fitting synthetic top that wicks sweat, cons or oly shoes; depending on what you're doing socks are optional but either shin high or knee high is good and black is the only colour you should ever wear.

Winter:
Same top, black tights, knee high socks and whatever shoes you need.

Those are my prefs, flat shoes are the only real important thing in there unless of course you're doing ATG squats, cleans or other oly movements where oly shoes will be useful.

If you're training at home, wear whatever the hell you want, boardshorts and a bucket hat if you have the natty points to pull it off.
>>
>>37515776
I read the sticky but am not sure what "sl" or "ss" are? Maybe I missed it?

Also, thanks to everyone for the helpful replies so far. I went with basic gym shorts that go just a bit beneath the knee and a black T-shirt along with my casual street shoes I never really wear that much; I usually just wear my crocks.
>>
>>37515981
Stronglifts 5x5
Starting strength

But so phraks greyskull instead :^)
>>
>>37510478
You'll want something stretchy, and ideally sweat wicking and quick drying.
Almost any "athletic" underwear will work. Sweat pants and an athletic t-shirt complete the deal.

>>37510622
Don't get gloves. The best protection for your hands is proper grip, and gloves fuck that up. This isn't some retarded "GET ROUGH CALLUS-Y HANDS BECAUSE THAT'S MANLY" bullshit. They are literally counterproductive.

And yes, there are lots of rubber mats, foam mats, smooth waxed floors, particular foot rests and the like in a gym. Small pebbles and sand could tear a lot of shit up.

>>37515267
That's pretty unfortunate. Honestly you may want to consider weight training M and Th until you can afford to join a real gym.
>>
>>37515988
Yeah, I'm going to return the gloves and go gloveless, using Pumice stones and hand conditioner to keep any callus from becoming too much.

Also, from what another anon stated I can do two consecutive days as long as I get plenty of rest (8+ hours). So I'll just do M, W, Th, and chill out on Tues with cardio or something, idk. I think it's more important that I get the full 3 days. Joining another gym isn't going to be an option anytime soon for various reasons, I've gotta make this work.
>>
Get indoor shoes you filth
>>
>>37510478
Literally the only shit I own is 3 pairs of random workout shorts, 2 pair ranger panties for running, and a 6 pack of black shirts I got from Walmart for like 10 dollars.

Don't worry about the shirt on your back, worry about the weight.
>>
>>37515981
Beneath the knee is not great for squatting
I workout just in my socks, I only use shoes with raised heel for squatting due to shitty mobility.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.