[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>skelly friend starts coming to the gym. >follows me around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1450572598269.png (404 KB, 497x422) Image search: [Google]
1450572598269.png
404 KB, 497x422
>skelly friend starts coming to the gym.
>follows me around doing everything i do.
>have to explain basic form of every fucking exercise.
>have to change the weights to baby weights so he can do the lifs.
>doesn't bother doing his own research on anything
>expects me to babysit him every workout.
>my workouts take from 30 minutes to 1 hour more everytime he comes.

I don't want to be a dick but how long should i hold his hand in the gym before telling him to fuck off and do his own thing?
>>
>>37507622
You do realize that he will stop going to the gym the second you stop spoonfeeding him?

You are wasting your time.
>>
>>37507622
>friend
>>
>>37507622
>how long should i hold his hand
One gym session.
Then don't even bother doing shit. Don't even let him work in - you do your sets and he can do his own shit.
>>
>>37507622
After a while he should understand how to do each lift unless he's completely incompetent, in which case he'll never make it anyway.
>>
>two people now I've tried to teach how to deadlift
>shown them 15 times what a flat lower back looks like
>they still pull with a catback and ask for more weight because it's so easy
What the fuck is up with this? Don't they have control of their body or something?
>>
>>37507622

If you're changing weights out while working in, then y'all just need to use different racks. That's the next graduation from hand holding.

Also introduce him to /fit/
>>
>>37508357
I'm a dyel and trying to make my back straight even when bending over to, say, pick something up is almost impossible.
>>
Just fucking tell him, lmao what the fuck?

Everytime I have lifted with friends who turned out to be a burden I just straight up told them, Look dude I'm bussy gotta finish my sets, I'll help you out later or how about you use your fucking phone and learn how to do that exercisse, after a while they either stop going or step up.
You gonna be his bitch if you keep acting like his bitch nigga, You already helped him... at this point you're only wasting your time.
>>
File: The true god of fit.jpg (1 MB, 1635x2999) Image search: [Google]
The true god of fit.jpg
1 MB, 1635x2999
>>37508357
They have no proprioception and you fucking suck as a coach.

If you can't actually see which part of their build makes them loos tightness and correct that, you should stop trying to teach people stuff.
>>
>>37508411
>dyel
>thinking what he has to say matters
>>
>>37508411
>>37508446
Well I'm not really a coach, they just begged to come to the gym with me. I had no problems with it myself when I was taught by a pal how to lift and I was a total never touched a weight computer guy for all of my past life until then.
>>
>>37508357
Wait, is catback too arched or too rounded? Have I been doing it wrong this whole time?
>>
>>37508522
Spine in too much flexion.
>>
>>37508357
Tell them to take their shoes off. If they have too much of a heel on them you're more inclined to do catshit deadlifts. Feet flat on the ground helps you keep a flat lower back without leaning in.
>>
>>37507622
I just put in my earbuds and told my friends was gonna focus when I was moving onto heavy weights, because my lifts were suffering from all the distraction. They said "ok" because they're normal human beings and they realized that while I was helping them a lot I wasn't gonna give them my undivided attention.
>>
>>37508522
>Wait, is catback too arched or too rounded?
Use your imagination dude
>>
>>37508458
He is right though, albeit in a douchey way. If their core is weak then it'll be hard for them to even get the lift. After all, some people can't even stand up without arching their back.
>>
>>37507622
Depends on how important he is to you. If you babysit until he sees some results, he might get hooked. If he's not pushing himself, tell him honestly you don't have time to go together.
>>
>skelly friend
>benched 145 for the first time
>post progress pics
>people complement him on his "muscles"

Fuckin a fit skellies have it easy. Girls dont care how much you can lift. They only care about definition
>>
Lmao most of you faggots are just sad and don't know how to interact.
>>
>>37507622
Idk. Seems like he doesn't care a whole lot. For me i just wanted a buddy the first couple times to make sure i was doing it right/good form so i could do it by myself in the future. He doesnt seem to have any desire to be self sufficient
>>
>>37507622

This is why I keep making excuses when friends want to work out with me. Can't have them stealing my gains.
>>
>>37508700
You should be lifting for yourself, don't get envious now bro.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.