[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to make vertical jump gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: dunk2.png (1 MB, 1285x720) Image search: [Google]
dunk2.png
1 MB, 1285x720
how to make vertical jump gains?
>>
Lift heavy and jump a lot
You develop strength with weights and speed by jumping
>>
You can't
>>
>>37505431
Weighted lunge jumps and explosive controlled squats with like 65% of maximum
>>
>>37505431
Sadly you actually can't improve it significantly. Maybe one or two inches but that's it
>>
>>37505431
plg sticky - plg website - dropbox link - plyometrics section - vertical jump bible and the other book about vertical jump
>>
>>37506152
lmao dude, who told you that
>>
>>37506152
You can, but not if you're a /fit/-tard who thinks training is lifting weights and nothing else, like these tards
>>37505543
>>37505803
>>37506114
>>
>>37506178
rippetoe
>>
>>37505431
Front squats, and practice jumping a lot
>>
>>37505431
stop trying to be a nigger when you are not
>>
>>37505431
If you already really suck at jumping (haven't been playing basketball most of your life), then getting your jumping form down will be of most help.

How do you do that? Jump a lot, practice lay ups, try getting as close to the rim as you can while you practice lay ups. Throw up ally-oops to yourself, incrementally raise the height the ball. Your body will figure out how to jump correctly over time.

Front squats, power cleans, and push press are probably your most important lifts. Plyometrics will give you a faster boost as well. Again, just jump more.
>>
Be born a nigger x 10
>>
vertical jump bible. <claims to be able to do it, I haven't tried yet
>>
>>37505431
Pause Squats with explosive concentric
Jump Squats, especially from pins
(Power) Cleans

Box Jumps are fucking king though if you do them with proper form
And actually add height on them over time just like you do with weights not just do the same height forever

Just from regular lifting I started being able to do box jumps just barely at belly button height
Added in box jumps twice a week and after a couple of months I can do them up to the top of my rib cage,
managed to do a miracle one up to nipple height when I was on an adrenaline rush

>>37508118
This guy makes a good point that just fixing form and learning to use momentum to your advantage helps a shit ton
>>
Read vertical jump bible, it's a free pdf and is an enjoyable read if you like reading about Sports performance. Written in layman's terms

Also:
>cut to around 10% body fat
The less weight your body has to move the higher you will jump
>high bar squat with speed
>power cleans and Oly style lifts
>kettlebell swings
Im not huge on them myself but I've spent a lot of time at a major university athletic training facility and the strength coaches there swore by them for improving explosiveness
>squat and deadlift heavy
>plyometrics
>>
>>37505431
be black
>>
>>37505431
Get on a plyometric split
>>
>>37505431
Take so much melanotan that you become black
>>
>>37505431
Step ups
Hex-bar jump squats
Straight leg dead lift
>>
>>37509224
>>37509302
Mostly these two

In addition to this, increasing glute and hamstring strength and overall flexibility will do wonders for your jump - as will strengthening your core.

Ultimately the only way to improve jumping is to jump consistently and do other shit to improve your athleticism generally.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.