[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snapping Triceps Syndrome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sts.jpg (40 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
sts.jpg
40 KB, 960x720
Does anyone know anything about this injury? I got it doing OHP I think, something is snapping over the bone in my elbow (I can see it and feel it with my fingers). Apparently it's either my tricep or my ulnar nerve.

I can find practically information about it. Can I fix it with stretch or massages or some exercise or something? It's not painful it's just concerning.
>>
>>37503683
Elbow tendonitis. Likeky a tricep tendon. Not concerning. Just rest it. Tendons have relatively poor blood supply, so they take much longer to heal than muscles. The issue should resolve itself. Or, you could see a doctor.
>>
>>37503683
>>37503713
Yeah used to have this but mostly ignored it. Eventually developed into tricep tendonitis that took me out for like a month. Make sure you're always properly warmed up and stretch during pressing movements. Got mine from OHP/weighted dips
>>
>>37503713
Using my other hand I can actually feel the tendon snap over the bone when I bend my arm at to around 110 degrees. It doesn't happen on my healthy arm. I thought tendinitis was caused by inflammation, is the tendon actually moving and snapping part of it?
>>
>>37503731
When you recovered from tendonitis did the snapping go away?
>>
>>37503826
Its still there, but I noticed it more frequently if I wasn't properly warmed up enough and my muscles were too tight. What I did was get a tennis ball and put it on a desk and usually roll my tricep on it. My physiotherapist said that there was a lot of scar tissue in my triceps from microtears over the years of lifting causing tightness in the muscle, affecting the tendon.

Make sure to pay attention to your wrists as well, a lot of elbow pain comes from wrist mobility issues which eventually lead to golfers or tennis elbow.
>>
>>37504065
Oh I see. Thanks, that's helpful.
>>
It's your ulnar nerve. Ulnar nerve subluxation.
>>
>>37504222
I wish the damn nerve would just stay in its groove! Fuck.
>>
>>37503683
i had these on skullcrushers one day
>>
>>37504267
I have them everyday during normal motion. Brushing my teeth. Talking on the phone. Eating oatmeal. I didn't choose the Ulnar Nerve Subluxation life, it chose me.
>>
I think I have the same thing. Every time I do ohp, skullcrushers, pushups i hear and feel snapping in my left elbow after few reps it starts to hurt and I feel like it is swollen. I have been to doctor and he said that he cant do anything, I just need to rest. I didn't go to gym for almost a year because of some health problems and when i returned my elbow was the same, it didn't go away.

I try to stay away from some exercises, or i just do few reps until it starts to hurt. Sometimes i just need to find right position.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.