[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last week I lifted 130lb 5x5 on bench. I even did 6 on the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Last week I lifted 130lb 5x5 on bench. I even did 6 on the last set.
This week I moved up to 135lb. I could only get 4 reps on my first set. Wtf gives?
>>
Who knows, could be that you didn't eat enough or didn't have enough protein. Or you didn't get enough sleep. Or you just had a bad workout.
>>
>>37503447
You're only supposed to move up 2.5 lbs per workout on bench and OHP. 5 lbs is impossible to sustain, since every amateur would go from 100lbs to 300lbs bench in 6 months (which isn't possible by the way)
>>
If you competed the rest of the sets fine, you didn't warm up enough
>>
>>37503555
Nah I moved back down to 115 for the rest of the sets.

Also I just got over a cold
>>
>>37503447
Do SS dummy and eat more. SL sucks
>>
>>37503590
I am doing SS
>>
>>37503447
you moved up too much weight
you didnt get enough sleep
you didnt get enough nutrition

pick one
>>
>>37503538
2.5kg / 5lbs
>>
>>37503608
Or two or three.
>>
>>37503538
Obviously, beginner gains aren't possible forever, and even if you do stick with SL for 6 months you're expected to deload in that time. You're definitely meant to increase by 2.5kg/5lbs per workout because that's the minimum you can increase without buying fractional plates.

However, in Greyskull LP you *are* supposed to get fractional plates or an equivalent, so you can increase presses by ~1kg/2.5lbs each time. On top of that you do 3 sets: 2 of 5, and the last being as many reps as possible. It seems like OP was trying that anyway and might be better served switching to GSLP.
>>
Eat more

Do 3x5
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.