[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's possible to become stronger while cutting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: strength.jpg (119 KB, 403x298) Image search: [Google]
strength.jpg
119 KB, 403x298
It's possible to become stronger while cutting?
>>
>>37502653
if you're a starter or /fraud/ yeah
>>
>>37502653
Na the whole getting stronger thing is a meme
>>
>>37502653
Only for a complete beginner or heavy ped user. Some exceptions apply.
>>
>>37502690
fpbp
>>
>>37502653

If you're new to lifting. Yes

Otherwise you can maintain strength but get better at actually lifting so you'll be able to lift more weight. So you won't be stronger in the sense of more muscle, but still technically stronger.
>>
>>37502690
I know I can't build muscle and burn fat at the same time, but what about strength increase through neural adaptation?
>>
>>37502732
Wrong, you can if you're a beginner.
>>
You can't ever actually get stronger. You only get less weaker.
>>
>>37502653
yes, don't cut too aggresively, don't do fasted cardio
>>
>>37503019
What does fasted cardio do? Kill muscle?
>>
>>37502653
Honestly OP I've been working out for 2 years and losing strength is always a fear of mine. I'm currently cutting (been about 1.5 weeks) and what I find is that I'm losing fat but actually gaining muscle in every area (except the chest, which is the only one going down). If you work your ass off and take every set to failure, then it's possible. Believe anon, believe.
>>
Been doing it myself op I'm a hella beginner but I'm way stronger than I was a month ago and I'm only trying to louse like 30 lbs
>>
noob gains yes
they will hit a plateu eventually however
>>
>>37503945
How long do they last?
>>
>>37503169
yes.
>>
>>37503975
Proof?
>>
>>37503945
different replier here, stopped for me around 80 pounds barbell curl and 135 pound bench press
>>
>>37503971
i was seeing improvements in strength in a span of 3 months after that i saw the plateu
I cutted a big deficit so im sure it might be different for everyone
>>
Only ohp annon
>>
>>37503975

...no.

nice broscience though.

also OP yes you can gain strength via neural adaption, like others said, if you'res still on noob gains
>>
>>37502653
>>37502690
can confirm. i saw awesome gains for my first year of lifting while doing a cut the entire time. lost 50lbs and all my lifts went up, but just short of a year i abruptly hit a wall. i dont see gains unless i eat in a surplus now.
>>
>>37503464
You're not gaining muscle, you halfwit. You're preserving muscle and losing fat which makes your muscles look bigger
>>
>>37504003
Pretty much same here
Plateau for like 2 months but cut is over soon
>>
I've been lifting for 3 months, lost ~20 lbs since then and all my lifts have gone up substantially. I'm still above 20%bf, how long till my noob gains run out?
>>
>>37502653

Why has no one mentioned the idea of improving technique? If you're technique isn't as optimal as it could be, there is obviously room for improvement while cutting. Mind you, the only way to improve technique is by either experimenting yourself or getting a professional to observe you.
>>
>>37502653
You can't build muscle while cutting. All you can do is maintain your current lean muscle mass.
>>
Daily reminder that you are a bunch of illiterate retarded crabs

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/
>>
>>37509912

Generally when I find a form issue that needs corrected I have to drop the weight to be able to do the exercise with 'correct form'.

For example I was doing my bench and OHP with a too-narrow grip turning them into triceps extensions. I had to drop the weight by 20% now that my pecs/shoulders are doing the work.
>>
>>37502653
yes it is, its lot harder but it is possible, increase weight on lifts and do less exercises on that day, don't cut to many calories, stay at 300cal deficit, do cardio and eat a LOT of protein, eat most of your carbs about 1 hour before lifting, that will help with the strength issue on a cut
>>
I guess so

I'm cutting on 2000 calories right now and making not bad strength gains, I am weakling-mode still though to be fair
>>
>>37502653
I don't think it's possible, but I'm not an expert. Speaking from my own experience. I cut for a week and my deadlift fell from 130 kg for reps to 120 kg for reps ;_;
>>
>>37510284
Cutting on 2000 will take forever. Just cut on 1500 so you can end the cut sooner. You will get to bulking stage a lot faster this way.
>>
>>37510937
I think my TDEE is fairly high, 1500 calories seems retarded as a natty.

No clue how I'll get enough fat or protein in my diet with that unless all i eat is bacon and whey
>>
permacut mode here.

yes.

you can make hella gains, just takes much longer.

at 16% eating at a 750kcal deficit, and i just added 5 pounds to my OHP (it is 140 now)

started at 250
down to 175
losing weight erry day.
gaining strength and size erry day.

IF is GOAT for this.

if you have 800kcal just prior to lifting, and have another 800kcal just after lifting, you are in a temporary caloric surplus, even though over the course of the day, you have a net deficit (eating only 1600kcal over the course of the day)

i followed GSLP until my linear gains ran out, now i do a TM-inspired intermediate routine...
>>
>>37510955
>>37510955
you are eating whey too much protein, and too much fats, as well, i would wager.

kino is right, you need less protein (.8g per pound is the MAXIMUM you need. .64g is the minimum) and more carbs.
>>
>>37511641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFo_wQq8M3Q
>>
This is gonna get mad hate. But I find cycling creatine helps. Try and maintain while off creatine, then use the loading phase to boost your lifts +5KG. Then maintain and repeat. And eat a shit ton of protein. It may be a placebo, but works for me.
>>
>>37511681
5:30 is around when this vid gets relevant
>>
>>37511681

This video is great too.

https://youtu.be/k5bFy_WHYLI
>>
>>37502653
yeah but much slower

your body tends to do much better when you focus completely on one thing.
>>
>>37512065
>3DMJ
Muh nigga!
>>
File: bJ85bhQ.jpg (179 KB, 1142x1138) Image search: [Google]
bJ85bhQ.jpg
179 KB, 1142x1138
I am cutting hard, 1500 cals or less a day.

I have gained and will keep gaining.

However I wasnt all fat, worked out years ago and been doing labor work since I was 9. So I got muscle out the ass.

So yeah it is possible cause I am doing it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.