[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone provide me with a work out plan to make Varisty Basketball
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1000x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1000x703
Can anyone provide me with a work out plan to make Varisty Basketball next year? I'm 6'0", 175 pounds, and have some experience playing basketball. Can any of you make into a superstar?
>>
File: 1464819490328.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464819490328.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>37501652
>lifting makes you ball good

Pic related
>>
>>37501664
What does this mean?
>>
>>37501652
cut your dick off
>>
>>37501652
You want explosive strength. Speed deadlifts and power cleans. The people with the highest vertical leaps aren't basketball players, theyre oly lifters. I'm assuming since you're on fit your ball handling skills are already immaculate
>>
drive to harlem, play pickup games, get killed x F
>>
>>37501664
>>37501674
I don't even have that fucking picture, I'm supposed to post a different pic wtf
>>
>>37501678
my ball handling skills are subpar
>>
File: 1465183842823.png (3 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1465183842823.png
3 MB, 1600x1600
>>37501704
Start there then retard
>>
>>37501704
>my ball handling skills are subpar

So you're a 6' with a shitty handle? Have you tried another sport?
>>
>>37501652
Plyometrics and cardio or HIIT
>>
>>37501652
basketball genius here.

I'm assuming you're in decent shape already. Like >>37501678
said, you want explosive strength. Dont try to get 'toned' or 'ripped' or any of that bullshit.

My tryouts in jr high and high school were always purely physical for the first 2 usually, then we would do ball stuff after that. Make sure you have good lateral quickness (youtube how to move in a defensive stance).

The biggest thing you can do to improve IMO is get better at the actual sport, which if you're in high school then you have a lot of room for.

Work on your jumpshot. Youtube proper form (shit like BEEF). Emulate it. Work on your handles too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_anW9QqUvI

that video helped me a decent amount.

Assuming you make improvements in ball handling and shooting, when you actually play here's my advice.

>move around on offense. Kids are the fucking worst with this. If they don't have the ball they just stand around NOT ready to shoot, or they clog the middle. Set picks, cut to the net, just move move move
>play defence. IMO good 1 on 1 D is 3 things: your physical abilities, your effort, and your smarts. At the time of the tryouts you will only have control of the last 2. put in MAX effort all the time. Try to pick up on opponent's tendencies (if they can shoot, if they cant dribble, etc.). Generally it's a good idea to force guys to dribble with their weak hand (especially if that's where the help D is)

>keep your goddamn head up if you have the ball. Try to see things before they happen. If a guy starts cutting backdoor and you see his man is flat footed, get ready to pass the ball. Dont wait until he is completely open to start thinking about passing. Always keep your head up. This will come with improved dribbling
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.