[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for running the 800m run?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 236x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 236x337
My town has a speed and agility/track based gym called 956(in case any McAllen Tx fags) and they have a summer track team, I'm going to be running the 800m for said team at tomorrow's meet.

We've been training all week but I'm kinda nervous. Any advice?

Here's my plan: run %80 of full speed the first lap and then haul ass the second lap

>pic unrelated
>>
Just out kick them the entire race bud
>>
>>37501433
I've been running track for only 2 years what does "out kick" senpai?
>>
Its only less then half a mile it really isnt a big thing
>>
>>37501412
full sprint both laps duh.
>>
>>37501446
he means just make sure you run faster than all of them
>>
Don't worry about your speed first lap. Everyone will be going fast as fuck you'll be struggling to keep with a pack.

2nd lap is where you get creative. Most people wait til the last 100m to balls out sprint. More experienced runners will boost at 200m remaining.

My best times were always achieved by starting my sprint at 300m remaining. The adrenaline of pulling into the far lane and passing everyone holding out is amazing. You may gas out before the race finishes but with enough adrenaline you won't.

>Source: track 4 years in HS, 2:05 was my best 800.

Take my advice for what it's worth 800 became my favorite race
>>
Start out with a strong acceleration over the first curve. Basically for most of the race, accelerate through the curves, stride the straight aways (ie use the momentum you built to take big, long jumping strides with minimal effort and maintain your momentum. you're just putting in a fraction of effort every step with a "jump")

The last curve, really fucking accelerate but not balls out yet, then slingshot yourself along the last straightaway with a fast as fuck sprint

t. sprinter who also ran the 800, not mid distance pro
>>
>>37501412
Use as little energy as possible to be in 4th place/within 10meters of the leader with one lap to go. Surge into 2nd/3rd on the backstretch. If you've got anything left, give it Hell from the middle of the last turn.

Since this is presumably a very low-level 800m, 1 or 2 slapdicks will think they can actually sprint a half mile and go out way too hard. Let them explode, and then you pick up the pieces. A hard 800 is SO much farther than you think.

Pls report back.
>>
>>37501412
How about you look up good running routines from actual track coaches? Maybe read about actual 800 strategy from acclaimed athletes? I know its fun to post on here, but if you really want to do well, I'd try using the internet a little better.
>>
>>37503281

best advice itt
>>
>>37503281
Wouldn't an actual top running athlete with years of training just be able to sprint the whole 800m?
>>
>>37503309
"sprint" is a relative term here. Said top athlete might sprint the 800 compared to the pace at which someone is running a mile or further, but not the way someone would sprint a 100m. It is long enough that pacing definitely comes into play.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.