[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
arms thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: biceps.jpg (271 KB, 2074x1028) Image search: [Google]
biceps.jpg
271 KB, 2074x1028
what is the best setxrep range for maximum bicep growth
>>
>>37495018
What would I workout to improve the inner elbow area?

I'm a skelly but have been lifting for about 4 months now, but that bone still sticks out and it bugs the shit out of me, would I have to workout triceps to fill that in? Or is it more specific than that?
>>
>>37495018
Doesn't matter all that much. In fact it's usually best to vary your rep range and number of sets over time.

What matters is progression. Get your numbers up. Of course it happens a good deal slower than on the big compounds, but it has to happen nevertheless.

Also, be prepared to add some bodyweight. You'll never build 20 inch arms on a 135 lbs frame.
>>
>>37495053
More brachialis work might do the trick. It takes a long time to get some good development there though.
To work the brachialis, include more reverse curls and hammer curls, and in general focus on squeezing your elbow flexors as hard as possible when you do curls i.e. try to make as little space between your forearm and upper arm as you can.
>>
>>37495101
Oh perfect, I already do hammer curls every workout and my outer elbow has gotten a ton of development but that makes sense if it's much slower in that area, was just worried I was doing something really wrong. Thank you for the tips, I will definitely start doing those and also add reverse curls to my workout.
>>
>>37495053
that shit is mostly bone and tendon son

good thing both of those can thicken and grow

just keep growing your biceps and triceps and the inner elbow area will fill out. will take 2-3 years though
>>
Tbh weighted chin-ups are the best thing I've ever done for my biceps.
>>
>>37495168
If they can thicken and grow does that mean your wrists can as well? They're like the two things that big the hell out of me. Doesn't matter if it takes a long ass time, as long as it can actually be done.
>>
>>37495168
>>37495182
Tendons do grow, but only very little and it's a slow fucking process.
I've heard, but I can't confirm this, that odd object lifting and generally lifting really fucking heavy shit works well for increasing the size and strength of your tendons.
>>
>>37495212
Fuck, I probably have to wait until I get a lot more muscle until I can seriously begin building that area then. I think I've heard something similar to what you're saying, though, is it that "chaos training" stuff? Where you just lift heavy shit in a formless way so it strains the hell out of your tendons?

Either way, thanks a lot for the info, dude, this has been very helpful.
>>
My triceps are shit and I get a sharp pain in my elbow area every time I try skullcrushers, what are other good triceps exercises?
>>
>>37495395
just do pushups and progress onto diamond pushups

once you can do like 3x12 diamond pushups with no pain start doing skullcrushers with light weight and progress slowly

the pain is either because your biceps are really weak or because your tricep tendons and muscles are untrained and not used to the stress you're putting on them

prolly a combination of both
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.