[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /fit/ medfags here? I'm applying for med school this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (838 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
838 KB, 500x375
Any /fit/ medfags here? I'm applying for med school this cycle, most likely gonna get in since my stats are good. Some questions:

1. Do you still have time to workout at the gym? I'm currently spending about 2 hours everyday M-Th. Will that change dramatically once I'm I med school?

2. Since we lift, were alfa as fuck. Are you the most alpha in your class? Do all the smart qt3.14 want your shreds? Do any grills want your nuts since your smart and swole?
>>
>>37492588
What's ur stats anon

I'm 3.63, 507
Strong ec I'm hoping is my ticket to state MD, if not any DO on the west coast will get me where I want to be.
>>
>>37492588
I hate how they draw shoulders in this anime
>>
>>37492588

>med school

Man I hope it's your passion otherwise you're going to be one of those burnouts that hate their life, patient and co-workers.
>>
Say bye bye to gym and any other free time you got
>>
Studying for my mcat now, applying this cycle. Havent hit thr gym in over a month but those med schools gains will be tight.
>>
>>37492588
Don't buy the meme that you will have no time whatsoever. Everyone knows it's hard, but if you make it in, you can handle it.

Side note, hope you're not a white male. Took me a 3.8ish and a 39 to get it.
>>
>>37492922
3.5, (strong upward trend) 507, URM. I don't even know where to apply besides my IS school.
>>
>>37495042
To get into where lmao? Those are extremely high end grades i hope youre talking about an ivy or something -_-
>>
>>37495059
Check out the msar if you haven't already. It's where i figured out where to apply to
>>
File: 3210770.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3210770.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>37494189
>not taking 100% scoops and leaving humanity behind
COME ON
>>
>>37495243
100% is not an absolute amount
>>
>>37495253
>open tub
>take 100% scoops
>>
>>37495230
Do I just apply to schools that my scores fall in their range of 10%-90%? Also, since I'm a URM I know I get a little bit more leeway with stats so the percentile range isn't helpful in that regard.
>>
>>37495297
Look at the bottom range of the percentiles for your URM requirements, they're not gonna let you in if you're an outlier regardless of URM.

Also check out some of the more prestigious DO schools like PCOM, LECOM, WCOM, MSUCOM, etc.

love you anons, so glad i'm not the only medfag on /fit/
>>
>>37495910
thanks for the advice man. So basically I have a shot at "low" and "mid tier" MD schools? Also, is there still a stigma against DO physicians?
>>
Got in with a 3.45 (strong upward grade trend, straight As after freshman year), 513, and decent extracurriculars, as well as URM. It's not as hard as they say anon to get in. The most critical part of the process is the interview. If you can nail that, you are golden. You have to sell yourself well. I got into a few schools that way. Whether or not I will have time for the gym, I really hope I do. I'm not even planning to go a shit ton of times. Just 3 times a week would be good
>>
>going to med school
>in 2016

Just lol
>>
>>37496264
where did you apply if you don't mind me asking. I'm making a list but having trouble picking out schools.
>>
3.64 gpa (Science gpa is around the same since most of my lower grades came from gen ends) and 508 mcat here. Also a urm, you guys have any schools in the midwest that you would recommend applying to?
>>
>>37492588

MD here, In Europe. so did 6 years.

Med school is hell, sucks out life. But worth it in the end, giving job, good pay, high social status.

The KEY to med school is to STUDY SMART, not hard. That way you can still have a social life. Would not recommend serial ONS, rather serial monogamy or long term gf qt. As arty life drains you.

Intern now.

Make a workout that works. Do you have a gym close. Also you can get quite a nice workout at home if you have a pullup bar.

Remember. Get notes from beforehand, flashcards etc. Not reading books from cover to cover. Have someone to study with.

Good luck brah!!
>>
>>37495059
Lucky your URM. Would have <50% chance of getting in if you weren't. Enjoy failing out of med school by second year :)
>>
>>37496503
Someone's bitter they lost out a spot to a URM.
>>
>>37492588

>Going to med school
>Not day trading and making ten times more
>>
>>37494189
I mean it's really just toguro and he's supposed to look awful
>>
Toguro is my inspiration

>>37494189
fuck u
>>
>>37496585
>>37496289
Lol enjoy making less than 50,000 a year. :)

>>37496333
I went through the MSAR and went from the bottom up and did 30 schools. Don't be one of those morons that just applies to the top. No matter what, when you graduate you'll be a doctor
>>
>>37496585
m8, I day trade right now. It's fun making money, but that's not my purpose in this lifetime.
>>
3rd world med shitter here doing the "pre-internship". I go monday to friday to the hospital from 6am to 2pm and do 30 hour shifts every 6 days. So those 2 days I won't go but the others day I do.

However next year I will have to go from 5am to 4pm Mon-Sat and do shifts every 3 days. I am afraid and hope I can still make it. ( not to mention the amount you gotta study)
>>
>tfw my country makes bullshit decision just as I graduate and changes medicine into a postgraduate degree
>tfw I've spent 5 years part-time on an undergraduate B.Sci double major that I hate, and resent doing the degree because it feels like a pointless placeholder exercise
>still have another 3 semesters left before I'm done
>tfw 23 and starting to feel old at the university
>tfw can't go full-time because my family will give me shit for dropping a $33 an hour job at a hospital that my aunt helped me get, not even sure if I could handle full-time at this point, I've gotten so lazy.
>tfw grades slipping

I envy you guys. I'm probably not going to make it into med.
>>
File: like looking in a mirror.jpg (34 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
like looking in a mirror.jpg
34 KB, 306x306
>about 2 hours everyday M-Th
doesn't sound bad u could do it if you're smart and can keep a schedule, if u have to - shorten your workouts (i.e. shorten rest times, do less exercises and/or sets/reps) and workout Friday/weekend

As far as grills go, idk tbqh senpai currently unemployed and a cuck but good luck busting nuts with qt3.14 pajeet londons/waifus
>>
>>37497263
FUCKING TOPKEK I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AZZHOLE
>>
>>37492588
DO MADCOWS
KEEP REST HIGH; FEWER EXCERSIZES
YOU'RE FUCKED, SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR FREETIME
>>
>>37497364
NOOOOOOOO REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37497235
Eh, with that attitude you were never going to make it even if you did get in.

23 Is not old.
If you can't handle a part-time B.Sci, eh.

You can handle it. Don't give a fuck about money. Don't beat yourself up. You can go full time to pursue your dreams and if you don't you will regret it even more than you already do.
>>
>>37495266
Kek
>>
>>37497514
Yeah, I suppose I need to harden the fuck up.
Every time I come to the conclusion that I need to quit my job my parents kick up a huge fucking fuss and say I should just do 3 units and work and have a social life. Other people might be able to do that, but not me.
>>
File: WasntEvenADoctor.png (2 MB, 1024x1271) Image search: [Google]
WasntEvenADoctor.png
2 MB, 1024x1271
>>37492588
>I'm currently spending about 2 hours everyday M-Th. Will that change dramatically once I'm I med school?
Yeah, probably. Most people cut back. You'll have a few hours of free time a day, but most days you'll want to use them on something else, like socializing or sleeping.

Personally i've kind of fallen in love with calisthenics, feels good man.
Whenever i'm staring at some biochemistry book (like right now) and my eyes glaze over, I get up and crank out a short routine. Better than coffee sometimes.

>Are you the most alpha in your class?
Nope. Maybe smartest though. Problem with smart is after a certain point, it's pretty much impossible to act sane or normal. No matter how hard you try.
Just today i was walking back and when i passed a couple, heard the dude say something like "oh, that guy! yeah, that guy, that's kind of what autism is like".
>Do all the smart qt3.14 want your shreds? Do any grills want your nuts since your smart and swole?
Sure i guess, but I don't act on it. Don't like hookups and shit. Not a huge fan of people in general to be honest. Only chick i kind of like is taken.

>>37496289
>>37496585
Fuk u too. Not all of us are in it for the money.
>>
>>37497698
>smartest tough
0/10
>>
>>37496197
No there's not, haven't you shadowed at all? The only place they're really held back is surgery. They're pretty much in the mix at every hospital though. And yeah you should apply to schools like Drexel and below.
>>
>>37496503
Adcoms would not let a URM in unless they thought they would succeed.

You're just pissy because you're white and didn't use your superior intelligence to get a high enough GPA and MCAT to not have to compete with URMs.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.