[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm /fat/ (not morbidly obese or anything but that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: fred.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
I'm /fat/ (not morbidly obese or anything but that's not the issue) and today I decided that I'm not interested in dying young of a heart attack. I've eaten so much fast food in my life it's probably shocking. I'd say I eat fast food at least 3 times a week.

Few questions:
1. Fruits and vegetables always taste like flavorless mush to me, how do I make them taste good like everyone claims they taste?

2. I've seen conflicting advice on meats. Some say that meats increase your cholesterol and build up plaque in the arteries, some say that eggs are the worst possible food to eat, others say that meat and eggs are great for you. I was planning on cooking mostly eggs, chicken, and steak as my main dishes, is this good for my heart?

3. Will a good diet and exercise make my heart healthier? Would it get rid of plaque?

By the way, I'm already on high blood pressure pills.
>>
>>37490818
1. Your tasting is busted, give it a month or so and vegetables will start to taste good. Carrots are borderline candies to me now. Otherwise you can steam them then add butter / slat. Or fry them. Baking them then adding lemon juice is good too.

2. Cholesterol from food is a meme. Your cholesterol is regulated by your body and cholesterol from food does not affect it.

4. Rid of it? Hard to say. Make it better and more importantly, not adding even more plaque? Yes
>>
File: 1455006187765.png (54 KB, 470x698) Image search: [Google]
1455006187765.png
54 KB, 470x698
>>37490818
Read the fucking sticky it is there for a fucking reason.
>>
>>37490839
Link your sources that say dietary cholesterol does not affect blood cholesterol. Because otherwise, you're full of shit
>>
>>37490818
Right now, your primary focus is eating at a caloric deficit. Calculate your TDEE, subtract 500 calories, lose weight.
You'll discover it's hard to eat badly and keep under your calorie limit, so if you're willing to stick to a caloric deficit diet, you'll adjust your eating habits out of necessity.
I used to eat junk, but reach my caloric limit by 17:00. Got tired of going to bed hungry, so I learned to eat a veggie or two.

Also read the sticky
>>
>>37490818
hey bro, fatties taste and hunger switches in the brain are broken from years of abuse. You need to cut the junk out as it is literally killing you, stick with the veggies, fruit, meat, etc and eventually your sense of taste will return to you. In regards to your cholesterol question, everything in moderation anon, everything including meat. Will good exercise and diet make your heart better? Fuck yes it will, but if you're already on meds then take it easy to begin with. Cardio and the like will help, but you're going to have to do some research anon.
I fucking believe in you anon, be the best you can be. If you die along the way on the path of greatness, then so be it. At least you are on the path making a change.
>>
You eat fast food multiple times a week but you are worried meat and eggs will increase your cholesterol.
Not everything has to taste good some foods eat because we know they ate good for us.
You sound like a bitch trying to find any excuse you can not to get fit. If you don't want to do it then fuck off.
>>
>>37490839
>fry them.
like stir frying?
>>
File: 1417508516193s.jpg (3 KB, 125x114) Image search: [Google]
1417508516193s.jpg
3 KB, 125x114
>>37490883
fuck off fattie, he's trying to help, you absolute cunt. Look up the article yourself porkchop, it'll be the most exercise you'll get all day. I swear a fattie like you was on /ck/ weeks ago asking about healthy snacks and the board delivered while you spent hours being a whiny cunt. Fuck you, you won't make it.
>>
>>37490914
Yes. Personally I like to use peanut oil on a wok with soy sauce / hoyster sauce / fish sauce on frozen veggies.
>>
>>37490905
>You need to cut the junk out as it is literally killing you
I know, I feel awful physically (and mentally) and I have this feeling that I'm going to drop dead of a heart attack.

Thanks for the advice.

>>37490906
I just want to get everything straightened out before I start tomorrow. Not only do I want to do it, but I feel like I NEED to do it.
>>
>>37490972
all good my man. Look after yourself, for us, but mostly for future you.
>>
>>37490883
http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/

Look at myth #1 and the associated studies backing the arguments.
>>
happy liftmas
>>
>>37490972
Please read the fucking sticky it is like one giant reliable piece of advice! You can literally find everything you're asking in the fucking sticky. You can actually eat whatever you want so long as you're sticking to your calorie deficit and you're feeding your body the fats,protein, and carbs it needs to survive plus whatever vitamins and minerals you need. As long as you do that don't fucking worry what gets shoveled in your mouth.
>>
>>37490818

former fatty here. hurr durr read the sticky durr. but really, here's simple advice:

1. ECA stack
you should talk to a doctor first, to make sure it doesn't kill you or anything. but ECA is fucking magic. you can buy pre-mixed pills online that you just take. it will boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories throughout the day

2. diet fucking soda
i hate water. water fucking sucks. water is shit. diet soda, with 0 calories, is fucking great (and ties into my next point). but soda tastes great and fills you up

3. intermittent fasting. i get up, drink a soda on my way to work (taking my ECA pill, multivitamin, bone supplement, and testosterone booster). i eat whatever i want for lunch at work. i'll go to mcdonalds, arbys, taco bell, whatever, and eat whatever i want. not like 10 quarter pounders and shit, but whatever i want within reason. Usually 800-1200 calories. I go home, drink diet sodas all night whenever i feel hungry. so my only calories are from lunch. sometimes i'll eat a 200-calorie protein bar or something, but that's mainly if i need protein in me. by eating whatever for lunch, i get all the basic nutrients i need, and just use diet soda as a filler the rest of the day. the caffeine also helps boost metabolism/works with the ECA stack

4. run as much as you can. i started running like 50 yards and walking after that. then 60 yards the next day. then a day off. then 60, then 70 the next day. very incremental increments - whatever your body can handle. just don't work too hard and hurt yourself. burning an extra 50 calories one day isn't worth hurting yourself and not working out for a week.i run 5Ks two on, one off, but i got there very slowly, and at a pace my body could handle.
>don't be ashamed you can't run much
>just give it what your body has. not 110% and injure yourself. 100% exactly.
>>
>>37490818
just eat less move more
>>
File: 23rfsdsg.jpg (12 KB, 213x153) Image search: [Google]
23rfsdsg.jpg
12 KB, 213x153
>>37491152
>ECA
>Diet Soda meme

Literally, do none of this...
>>
>>37491232

50 pounds in three and a half months

Literally, do this...
>>
>>37491152
No mention of diet
Advising you to drink diet soda
Take ECA

OP this is great advice if you never want to make it
>>
>>37490972
the results from dieting are gonna be slow but youre gonna feel great brah just you wait
>>
>>37491232

really fat?
in terrible shape?
no will power?

here, let me give you this fitness regime that takes a lot of willpower to follow and you're not even capable of doing, plus a complicated eating regime that doesn't fit your life and you'd need an exercise science degree to understand

aww OP, how have you not succeeded yet?
>>
>>37491243
And youre fucking up your body in the process.
>>
File: feell.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
feell.png
3 KB, 225x225
>>37490818

>> tfw ywn be fred flintstone smoking a cigarette
>>
>>37491264

>my muscle mass hasn't changed much/my muscle percentage has gone up
>my body fat percentage has gone way down
>i run 5Ks 2 out of 3 days, currently about 27-28min pace

tell me more about how fucked my body is
>>
>>37491288
There's more to health than muscle and bodyfat retard.
>>
>>37490883

This isn't some cutting edge research or debatable thing. It's textbook, commonly accepted as fact.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/03/02/us-guidelines-dietary-cholesterol-limits.aspx
>>
>>37491364
Stop being so mad that someone was able to make it without following the ludicrous and monotonous diet you fools impose upon yourselves
>>
>>37491364
but you trying to tell OP all this shit that
1. he's not going to do, and
2. requires more long-term commitment and willpower than he has
is going to do absolutely nothing for him
>>
>>37491386
Actually I'll laugh at how fucked up his heart will be from the stacks and how fucked up his teeth will be from all that soda.
>>
>>37490818
1. Find out your tdee. I recommend you Go keto for 1 month and do not snack. Eat big meals full of good healthy fat, read about intermittent fasting. Eat 1-2 cups of cruciferous vegetables and take omega3 supplements. Count all calories using a food scale and measure devices, track them with a program like my fitness pal.
After a month you should have a fairly restored hormonal response to food. You can look into other eating regiments. Don't think of it as a diet anymore, this is now eating for what nutrients you require.

2. I'm not a scientist. Can't answer that. However the plaque is from a combination of inflammation response due to poor diet, cholesterol build up and calcium deposits. Your liver produces more cholesterol than from the foods you eat, so there may not be an issue with the food, but instead, the combination of what's going on. Look into it.

3. Exercise improves the body and reduces stress. Sleep is the biggest stress reduction. I don't know if plaque build up is reversible or not. But if you eat to reduce inflammatory response and there is a vitamin called k2. K2 helps regulate calcium deposits that have failed to distribute to your bones. K2 is like calcium shampoo, it supposedly clears up your arteries. A possibility for poor arteries is k2 deficiencies, we do not get enough of this k2 vitamins in our diets.

Best thing you can do is eat fruits and vegetables.
>>
>>37490818
being fat is many logarithmic magnitudes worse than eating meats for your arterial health.
>>
Best thing you can do to reverse arterial plaque and lose weigh > CLA conjugated lineolic acid.
It's a touch spendy but clinically proven to work - its a long looonnggg term benifit, not a magic pill or anything but if you google it there is a ton of info and it helped me get down to 15%bf (takes years). That's how you have to look at it > change of lifestyle > still years to see the benefits - so don't give up like 99% of everyone does if you really want to change.
>>
>>37490818
Fatty working on getting natty here

1. Give it time and git gud at cooking. Eventually fast food will straight up disgust you, the salt and everything they put in it becomes so overwhelming that you'll end up with a bunch of items and even places you can't tolerate anymore. But you won't miss it cause you know you can just make those things yourself with far better ingredients.

2. Cholesterol is bullshit. Enjoy your eggs and chicken.

3. I've certainly noticed a positive difference in heart rate, used to be way too high.

4. Check with your doctor about all this since you're on meds. Don't want you dying while doing cardio or lifting.
>>
>>37490818
fellow fattie here, I've been dieting hard these past 4 months because an orthopedic surgery had me on a couch for 2 weeks straight (literally) and in crutches for another month in a half, and the whole I time I ate like shit. Not total shit, but I'm a bread addict and my daily exercise was lifting my leg up and down and my 40 minute trip to the bathroom. I'm no expert but this is what I've been doing and I went from 260 to 230 in 2 months and the other 2 I slowed down to gain back some muscle while losing a bit more fat.

Keep tabs on carbs. Complex carbs are good, which are typically found in berries, and simple carbs are not as good, which is like bread shit. I wouldn't totally cut out bread, but I limited myself to 2 slices a day. Also look into low glycemic fruits and high glycemic fruits, and try and get most of your fruits eaten before/during lunch.
For vegetables, I eat basically nothing but peas, broccoli, and carrots. Broccoli is good shit anon.
As for meats, I eat basically almost nothing but turkey/chicken products. Fish is also recommended but I fucking hate fish. Turkey burgers, turkey hot dogs, turkey slices for sandwiches, I eat a lot of turkey and chicken now that I think about it. Eggs to, in the morning at least.
Almonds are also a godsend, just don't go ham and eat a bunch of them.
I know it's hard to do, but try to keep tabs on everything you are eating. You don't want to go crazy and eat a bunch of fats, but you don't want to starve your body of fats either. Protein is probably one of the more important things to consume, but you have got to give your body what it needs.
>>
>>37492035
Lastly, don't make the same mistake I did, don't go full retard. When I started dieting I was so disgusted with my weight (even though I was probably the strongest I've ever been despite not being able to anything remotely close to a squatting motion) I went on a hard 1700cal/day diet, when I'm 6'3. I lost weight, but my lifts stagnated completely. I expected this, but I kept working out to make sure I wasn't aborting muscle fast, and it kind of worked since most of those 1700 calories was protein. All it took was a short case of the flu + a couple days where I couldn't make time for gym, and bam the gains goblin had come by overnight and robbed me. Going to the gym while on such a low calorie diet is probably one of the worst feelings to. Felt like I was going to pass out at times just from doing baby steps 1pl8 bench. I've switched to a much lighter 2000-2100cal/day diet so I'm not killing myself and I'm slowly gaining muscle back, once I hit 225 or 220 I plan on switching to maintain, and eventually bulk.
So basically, if you already have muscle OP in some way, make sure you don't lose it.
>>
For fish, get the starkist chunk light tuna in water pouch

Add in a dash of Mayo or whatever you want. Doesn't taste like trash and easy protein.
>>
>>37490818
You need a baptism Anon.
I do not actually mean religiously/spiritually.
I mean mentally, It will hurt, You will want it to stop, but when you've waited in the grasp of your goals and let them bring you back up from the depths, washing away and letting go of what you where before, the air will taste better than it ever has before.
I promise you this, from one Anon to Another.
>>
>>37490818
Cholesterol's just a meme
>>
>>37491856
What if you're overweight but only eat really healthy foods? Is that still worse.?
>>
>>37490839
Wow you are so full of shit.

Stop lying and LEARN how to structure sentences properly.
>>
>>37490962
Wow are you this retarded or just American?
>>
>>37490818
>By the way, I'm already on high blood pressure pills.

Me too! Started losing weight 3ish years ago weighed 355 pounds. I had actually lost some of that weight already when I realized I needed high blood pressure meds.

I'm currently at about 250. My doctor loves me, and while I still need the meds, my blood pressure is 130/85, which is damn good considering it was once 160/110.

I'll tell you what I did, feel free to take it or leave it.

The biggest piece of advice, is do what *works* for *you*. I've highlighted both those words for a reason. If you're losing weight and you're comfortable, it makes everything a lot easier. Even if it's a slow burn, if it's consistent then you've already won. If this is all you take from me, that's all you'll need.

Stack small adjustments over time. Originally all I did was low carb. No calorie restriction. I managed to lose 40 lbs just doing that alone. After 40 I couldn't move past it though, so I added calorie restrictions, and slowly adjusted those as needed. Some time after that, I added in modest exercise. You can do the adjustments I did, or you can pick your own. Do what works.

Now that's more than enough to get you started, but let me explain more about how this works past a year or two:

If you end up breaking diet, only break one of the small adjustments you've accumulated. For example, if you have low-carb and calorie restrictions, but your friends are going out for steaks, then say maybe you'll relax the calorie counting - but you'll be extra vigilant for carbs. Maybe you weren't able to make it to the gym, but you can stay on point for low-carb and calorie counts.

Obviously try and keep everyone on most days, but if you need that wiggle room now you'll have it. You'll rarely if ever fully break diet, but you have options. Not feeling trapped is huge.

My comment got too long so just a sec.
>>
>>37490818
>Would it get rid of plaque?

My understanding is that plaque can't be gotten rid of, except in small, almost trivial amounts. I hope someone here can correct me on this. I'd love to be wrong, but this is my understanding.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.