[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it that bad to "curl" on the smith machine to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: paul.jpg (39 KB, 956x302) Image search: [Google]
paul.jpg
39 KB, 956x302
Is it that bad to "curl" on the smith machine to get technique perfected if u are new?
>>
>>37490643
>"curl" on the smith machine
what? How?
>>
>>37490643
no, because curling with a fixed bar is wrong form

just tuck in elbows to ribs and you're good to go
>>
Yeah sure. Go for it faggot.
>>
>>37490650
stand in front and lift up, like an assisted Olympic bar curl
>>
>>37490643
>curl in smith machine
Literally fucking why? That's why there are EZ bars dude.....
>>
>>37490643
Just use the power rack like everyone else
>>
>>37490675
But your ROM will be fucked up and don't even look like a proper curl
>>
>>37490643
No, that's what the squat rack is for
>>
yes. it's almost akin to learning to skateboard in the grass. you'll never be ready for the real thing because your mind trained itself to always do it assisted. you're gonna be wobbly as fuck and probably hurt yourself. guess it's time to turn it in now, friendo.
>>
>>37490643
A curl is a curving movement, smith machines can only go up and down.

A curl isn't a pull or a push, it's a curl.
The only way you could curl with a smith machine is by waving your body around to compensate for the fact that the smith machine only moves up and down.

All in all, the smith machine is great for fucking up your technique. If you feel like you can't do the technique properly, USE LESS WEIGHT UNTIL YOU CAN

fucking summer man
>>
>>37492800
Well I tried to use the bars with the fixed weight on them and hurt my back bad so that's why I'm asking
>>
lol wtf

just do dumbbell curls like every other non-virgin

faggot

i hate kids squatting, benching, curling, etc in the smith machine

the smith machine is for shit like rack pulls, one legged split squats, etc
>>
>>37494080
You must have been swinging like mad to hurt your back doing a curl
>>
>>37490643

How the fuck you gonna curl on a smith machine
>>
>>37494239
Same way u curl a Olympic bar up and down
>>
>>37494251
Except not because an Olympic bar isnt on a fixed track you dunce
>>
>>37491061
Kek'd
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.