[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CABLE ROWS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: seated.jpg (9 KB, 264x218) Image search: [Google]
seated.jpg
9 KB, 264x218
Are you supposed to "swing" back and forth with the movement or keep your core nice and tight only rowing with your arms?

Info online is contradictory

Also what's the difference between high cable and low cable?
>>
Swing a tiny bit while pulling the weight, this allows you to pull more and get more out of the negative. Don't forget to pull with the elbows and go slow on the negative.
>>
>>37490120
you stretch your back as much as you can as it pulls back and than you retract your shoulders as you pull
>>
Keep core tight, pull in and squeeze shoulderblades together. Don't swing, shouldn't pivot from hips.
>>
>not doing rows for cardio
>>
really depends on goals and experience of the lifter OP. sorry to give you an ambiguous answer
>>
Just get on a real Ergometer and do a 20:00 minute piece. Twice a day. With proper technique and if you pull hard, it should be a pretty good workout.
>>
>>37492246
pls
>>
cable rows are such a fucking trash exercise

i did them for years and got no fucking results with them despite using proper form and progressive overload

weighted chinups and barbell rows are where it's at
>>
>>37492294
Post body. Otherwise you are a dyel
>>
>>37492562
Not him but here's something you can do.

1. Look at all the people at your gym who do Seated Cable Rows.
2. Look at all the people at your gym who do Barbell Rows.

Notice who actually looks like they lift, hehe.
>>
File: seated-cable-row.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
seated-cable-row.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>37492578
Couldn't agree more anon.
>>
Watch Arnold do them in pumoing iron

Go forward eith your whole upper body keeping your shoulders retracted to get a lower back workout as well
>>
>>37492578
>people believe that life is that simple.
how's it like having 80 iq?
>>
>>37492601
>>37492629

Everyone does seated cable rows because they're simple and easy to perform. Yet 99% of people look DYEL.

Now you'll tend to see people who Barbell Row looking jacked, why? Because it actually takes proper form and strength to perform the exercise, it's not easy, so only jacked people are doing it. Why? Because that's how they got jacked, by learning effective exercises, not pussying out and doing cable rows.

Pussy ass bitches
>>
>>37492651
Found the strongfat, guys
>>
>>37492667
Not fat.

Enjoy doing pointless exercises and making no gains. :~)
>>
>>37492651
What about Chinups (Supinated Grip) vs Pullups (Pronated) vs neutral grip?
>>
>>37492677
Weighted chinups for vertical pulling strength progression
Bodyweight pullups for vertical pulling volume

So like 5x5 weighted chins, followed by a few sets of bodyweight pullups AMRAP (as many reps as possible)

Chins are better for strength progression because you'll always be stronger on them, therefore have much more room for progressively overloading.
>>
>>37492676
look I dont need pics. but any experienced lifter knows every exercise is useful and that we go in and out of exercise that work for us. So dont knock it just because its not for you
>>
>>37492677
From what I understand, chinups engage your biceps a lot more than pull ups do.
>>
>>37492693
Makes sense. I've been doing just a single set of each as accessory after my main lifts because I feel my lats are lagging behind, so I'll try out 5x5 weighted chinups.
>>
>>37492701
I agree with you, senpai.
>>
>>37492651
>I take recreational exercise seriously
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465378073484.jpg (33 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465378073484.jpg
33 KB, 540x540
>>37492562
yeah?
who /dyel/ now?
>>
>>37492578
I switch it up every 4 weeks. I get bored doing the same routine day in day out. I don't know how you guys do it.
>>
>>37494547
Kek
>>
>>37492294
>>37492578
>>37492651
What about dumbbell rows? What are the pros of using a barbell?
>>
>>37494828
Why nobody mentioned one-armed dumbell rows. Did some 6x6 today with 50lbs.
>>
>>37490120
I don't swing unless I'm doing a lot of weight.
>>
>>37494547
lmao what the fuck is this
>>
>>37495013
lightweight. go for 4x10-12.

do them both with no chest support and chest supported by a bench.

alternatively, you can do both version in the same day by doing 3x12 for each of them
>>
I do both seated rows and barbell rows, I even do dumbell rows depending on the day. Both are good .
>>
I have a bar in my house that I could do a few sets of hanging leg raises and other ab exercises before I even get to the gym, so I could bust out a 10-15 min ab workout between doing housestuff. Just how often should I be doing it?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.