[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I feed myself with 10$ a month considering I got vitamin/mineral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
how do I feed myself with 10$ a month considering I got vitamin/mineral pills, a microwave and a refrigerator
>>
$10 wouldn't even pay for a day's food where I live.

You could maybe get away with $10/day here, so long as your diet is literally just carrots and bulk chicken breast or eggs.
>>
>>37489884
that sounds good enough to me. but how about my carbs? it's in Seattle.
>>
>>37489900
howtf do you afford to live in seattle and have vitamin pills and shit but not food?
>>
>>37489900
bulk rice
bulk eggs
bulk carrots
bulk chicken breast

that's literally the cheapest way.

its not healthy to eat the same shit everyday though :)
>>
>>37489916
It's 10 bucks man. He's only gonna be able to afford rice and beans.
>>
Buy an energy drink, go to a local grocery store and steal 3-4 bags of rice then make a run for it.
>>
>>37489932
I didn't say beans because...well...they're going to make him bloated....and if he is eating them everyday, he'll prob get sick of being bloated all the time.
>>
>>37489860
Have you considered cricket farming?
>>
>>37489916
>>37489884
>carrots
wtf lads
I'm not a rabbit

>>37489914
because my life is fucking shit. I'm there for the internship of my life.

>>37489935
>>37489932
how do I cook the rice in the microwave

>>37489940
I'm brazilian, I used to eat beans everyday and it didn't make me feel bloated
>>
>>37489943
too much infrastructure lad, and it's only for 2 months
>>
>>37489860
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2828/could-i-survive-on-nothing-but-potatoes-and-milk
>>
>>37489947
http://steamykitchen.com/22048-how-to-microwave-rice-recipe.html
>>
Buy a knife
Go to the woods
Wait
>>
How the fuck do you have only $10 a month to eat with? That's mental.

You could easily make 10x that fucking BEGGING a couple of hours a week.
>>
>>37489860
Stop buying drugs or 500 pounds of candles monthly and then you'll have food money
>>
>>37489860
Oats
Beans
Milk
>>
Get a job, hippy trash
>>
>>37490025
>>37489995
that sounds good. i found it on youtube you can cook chicken on the microwave too. I hope I survive. thanks lads
>>
>>37489860
Please tell us why you only have $10 per month?
>>
>>37491283
HOLY SHIT
I just realized what I said
I meant $10 a DAY LMAOFUCKING FUCK. I got $300 a MONTH for food.
>>
>>37489860

you can't, why do you only have $10 to spend on food per month?
>>
>>37491304
sorry for being retarded, lads
>>
>>37491304
Dude that's baby mode. I live comfortably spending $50 a week on food.
>>
>>37491313
teach me your ways
can you do it with a microwave and a fridge only?
>>
Is this the thread where we call eachother pussies for not living with as little as we do?

I have 60 euros a week and have 2 kids living with me
>>
>>37491304

That's a shit load of money, now! $10/month is, well, Bangladeshi street urchins have more than that.

I spent about half (!) your budget per month, OP. Everyday, my poor ass eats:

Carbs - Oats, Black beans (add salsa for taste)
Protein - Chicken, Cheese, Whey powder
Fats - Flax seed oil

Throw in a couple of multivitamins. Meets all my macros and micros.

With your kingly budget, you can also throw in lots of fruits and veggies. I'm jelly.
>>
You can't, OP. You need to seriously consider living in poverty because you are well beyond there. Beg, scrounge, steal if you must.

You're far below a starvation wage. Nothing is off the table now. Godspeed.
>>
>>37491388
>>37491389
are you guys srs? is that a lot? even in Seattle? holy fuck I feel a big relief now.

>>37491388
now I want to impregnate a bitch. is it worth it?
>>
>>37491436
it's my cousins, their parents died
>>
go to a fucking homeless shelter pls don't die
>>
>>37491436
No, be real, it's not a lot. What you want to look for is the most calories per dollar you can find, excluding empty shit like ice cream and candy.

Cheap dry beans and rice in bulk is a place to start. Meat might be expensive for your budget, even cheap meat. But, maybe not. Just be careful, and don't waste.
>>
If youre in the states, you cant. But, there are tons of options for free food. Homeless shelters, churches, food stamps, etc. Figure out your options there.
>>
When I was homeless, I'd wait at night for this nice German restaurant to throw out their garbage and pull unfinished pieces of meat out of the slop. I wouldn't recommend that kind of thing, but if it's between that and starvation...
>>
>>37491449
I'm sorry to hear that lad. Are you going to take care of them forever? How do you feel?

>>37491461
microwaved beans too?

>>37491490
>When I was homeless
story time pls
>>
>>37491514
I can't take care of them forever but I know their life will be shit if I don't
>>
>>37491304
Fuark, I spend about $50/week on
>chicken breast
>fresh veggies
>junk food (bulking, from shady Asian market)
>ice cream
>fruit
I keep a few pounds of rice in my apartment and buy more sporadically, but that's less than $5/week
>>
>>37491304
Holy shit. Are you retarded? Just buy everything in bulk. 300$ a month is more than enough for food.
>>
>>37491436
I'm living on 50 a week in SF, where things are even more expensive than in Seattle.

Use some of that money to buy a rice cooker, a pretty good model can be had for 40 to 50 bucks these days. Costco used to sell one in that range that would do rice, but could also be used as a slow cooker and general boiling pot.

Beans
Rice (stupidly cheap in bulk - a 50 lb bag I bought cost less than the airtight container I'm keeping it in)
Fresh vegetables
Spices
Olive oil

If you have a sweet tooth, stick to fruit or small quantities of diet soda. If you want meat, chicken is the cheapest and leanest. I'm partial to thighs myself.
>>
I literally used my phone as a calculator in the grocery store for this. Check out how much protein you're getting per dollar for items you put in your cart. Peanut butter was by far the most efficient thing when bought in bulk. Tofu was pretty cheap and the upscale brand greek yogurt was better than the cheaper kind (when you factor how much protein/$).

I wouldn't worry about calories/$. If you get some cheap rices, beans, olive oil, etc, you should be able to fit a bulk or a cut without going more than $20 either way every month.

Let's say you want 3 meals every day for a month. That's 90 meals. Let's go ahead and say you have 10 (meals worth of) snacks in that month too. You're planning for 100 meals every month. To live off of $200 a month, you need to prepare 100 meals with $2 per meal. With $300, you'd need to make 100 meals cost $3/meal. You need to get ~.7g pro/lb BW as well as somewhere in the ballpark of 2500 calories every day.

At that point, you could invest in frozen vegetables. Flash freezing makes them nutritious even after being frigid. I'd still get fresh fruits, even if it's just oranges and bananas. And just like that, BAM! You're eating healthy on a budget.
>>
>>37491436
>is that a lot? even in Seattle?

$300 is not a lot. It's just not absolute poverty tier. You can have some variety in your diet, but few luxuries.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.