[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
carb-loading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
scientifically redpill me on carb-loading /fit/.

I mean in the context of a low-carb diet.

what does it do and what constitutes real carb-loading?

I want to maximize fat loss, minimize muscle loss and/or maximize muscle gain.

I was thinking of doing PSMF with SS and just adding fruit once a week.
>>
If you want to do PSMF then you don't really carb load, you refeed to replenish glycogen stores, normalize hormones, and keep you sane.

Tomorrow marks day 7 of PSMF for me. I'm not going to be doing the free meals. The diet is crazy effective, but exhausting as fuck. You will not gain any strength on 800 (or whatever low amount) calories per day. You will barely have the energy to get through lifting, and it loses its fun factor when you're so goddamn tired. You will not have the energy to do much cardio. You will be super fucking cold, tired, and without a libido for the whole duration. Honestly dude I do not recommend it unless you MUST lose X lbs by X date for a competition or something. If you've never been anorexic, if you've never had disordered eating patterns, you will likely come out the other side with completely fucked up hormones and binge until you've gained all the weight back.

Any questions?
>>
>>37488423
>what does it do and what constitutes real carb-loading?

It replenishes your glycogen stores

Eating 2000kcal of rice and a couple of chicken breasts would be an example of carb loading
>>
>>37488423
Imagine all the foreign spiders lurking in those nanners
>>
File: lowqualitypepe.jpg (5 KB, 213x144) Image search: [Google]
lowqualitypepe.jpg
5 KB, 213x144
>>37488594
>If you've never been anorexic, if you've never had disordered eating patterns

Does spending years maintaining / cutting to my weight class in wrestling count?
>>
>>37488764
Only you can answer that question.

What I mean is, you need to be able to recognize that the diet is unsustainable and that you will need to stop doing it before your body makes that decision for you and you've downed 5,000 calories of peanut butter and you have no idea what happened, decide to diet to undo the damage, and repeat ad nauseum. You have to have a plan for the end. Whether that is taking a "diet break" before starting another cycle, or switching to something more sustainable like keto or leangains, or whatever, it will help prevent you from regaining everything.

Have you read the manual? The length of the diet is decided by your body fat percentage. Follow that.

http://www.ossh.com/ketogenic/The_Rapid_Fat_Loss_Handbook.pdf
>>
>>37488741
>so many spiders
>>
>>37488878
lol thanks for posting the book. I looked around and couldn't find it. I was going to ask you a few questions but since you posted the handbook I assume it's all going to be answered there (like how often do I refeed and what do I eat when I do). t. OP.
>>
>>37488594
>>37488878
Came here to say all of this but Anon fucking nailed it.
>>
>>37488983
So many deaths
>>
>>37488594
/thread
>>
>>37488423
ylyl thread?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.