[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Planet Fitness a meme gym?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1438962170_Planet_Fitness_120.jpg (46 KB, 575x383) Image search: [Google]
1438962170_Planet_Fitness_120.jpg
46 KB, 575x383
Is Planet Fitness a meme gym?
>>
I'm pretty DYEL. But what I I walked into a PF and started squatting 2pl8s and deadlifting 3pl8s? My maxes.
>>
>free candy
>free pizza and donuts a few days of the month
>no faggos wearing stringers or beaners/dindus using those durags
>loads of cardio equipment and never full
All of that for only $10/month. You tell me.
>>
>>37486067

Yeah but you're literally not allowed to lift heavy weights.
>>
File: 1465218380466.jpg (316 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
1465218380466.jpg
316 KB, 1536x1536
>>37486067
>free pizza and candy
>loads of cardio equiptment
Found the lardass
>>
>>37486089
Well if you want to be all bulky and clunky like powerlifters than it's not a place for you.

>>37486176
What's wrong with a cheat meal every now and then? As long as you burn it in cardio.
>>
>>37486026

No, it's a real place, it's not just a made-up thing that people quote on the Internet.

It's not a good gym, but that's not what you asked. That's not what "meme" means.
>>
>>37486026
In truth, PF will work as a gym to make gains. I went there when I started getting back in to fitness. I stayed there for about a year and a half and then upgraded gyms. The lunk alarm is a real thing, but if you don't bang weights or act like a Dom Mazetti gym bro, you will not be bothered by staff or other gym goers. For $10 I'd say it is an okay place to start out for someone getting into fitness. Once you've gotten in shape, then yeah it would be best to move on to a bigger more fitness dedicated gym.
>>
>>37487734
>That's not what "meme" means.

while you're right, i don't think it means what you think it means either
>>
>>37487734

you might want to figure out what meme means before you go trying to correct folks
>>
File: 3QKi3Lm.jpg (790 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
3QKi3Lm.jpg
790 KB, 3264x2448
>>37488082

wow it's a real thing
>>
>>37488148
it's not his fault he's not a raging manlet faggot who spends every second out of the gym on this meme board.
>>
I go to one simply because it's ten minutes from my house and on the way to school/work. The alarm thing went off one time when someone dropped some 75s from the top of their shoulder press, but that's the only time I've heard it in the year I've been going. As for the other stuff, I see stringers and gallon jugs and nobody gives a damn. Some girls actually wear sports bras, but that's pretty rare.
It might not have the biggest selection of free weights, but all of the equipment is in awesome shape and the place is nearly empty most of the time. There's maybe ten of us morning guys that get in there before 6, so everyone is on pretty good terms with everyone else. All in all, I say it's worth the $10.
>>
its actually decent, especially for the price. they have dumbells up to 75 lbs. i never touched dumbells because i was into barbell stuff and now im with family for a few months so ive been going to PF as a guest. i've only been doing dumbells, some machines like lat pull down and rows, and cardio and im still making gains. theres almost 0 azzholes and douches and IG whores taking selfies. and a 9/10 blonde hbb smiled at me while i was there once, which has extended my suicide timeline by a few months (not srs) (maybe srs)
>>
>>37488162
What the fuck
>>
>>37488162
>judgement free zone
>judge people who lift differently than you
>>
>>37488274
>differently than you

I don't think these people lift at all to be frank.
>>
>>37487638
>What's wrong with a cheat meal every now and then? As long as you burn it in cardio.

>Donuts and candy
>a meal

Kill yourself
>>
>>37488299
Hey man, if you don't have Height Face Frame then why even bother dieting.
>>
>>37486067
>Dumbbells only go up 70lbs
>no dead lifting
>can only use smith machine for bench and squat
Say goodbye to stabilizer muscle and hello to rotator cup issues
>constantly being judge

If it's all you can afford, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>37488162
My name is Ricky. Feels nice
>>
>>37486026
Posts a picture of the judgement free Zone, asks if the gym is a meme.
>>
>>37488148

Pepe the frog is a meme. The "feels guy" is a meme. Squat plugs are a meme (although not a very good one frankly.)

Planet Fitness is just a crappy gym and you shouldn't join it. But it's not a meme.
>>
>>37489127
FRIGG OFF RICKY
>>
>>37486067
>$10/month
>no beaners or dindus

i highly doubt that
>>
My planet fitness doesn't have any barbells, but otherwise its pretty decent for the price. Theres no worry of being kicked out for being a "lunk" at my gym.
>>
>>37489805

I quit lifetime fitness to PF because of the lack of minorities. It's worth it
>>
>>37486067
It's like saying a hospital is good because they give free cigarettes and booze.
>>
File: 2902221_1322530355667_7_L.jpg (120 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
2902221_1322530355667_7_L.jpg
120 KB, 599x600
this is a thing where i live
>>
I sadly go to pf because the other gyms are more expensive and I'm a poor college fag. In my pf

You can wear what ever the fuck you want, I saw a guy wearing a stringer.
You can grunt just don't be too loud
You can dead lift and squat with the Smith shit machine
You can drop weights
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.