[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel pain in my crotch whenever I squat, always on the right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Groin-pain.jpg (45 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
Groin-pain.jpg
45 KB, 600x374
I feel pain in my crotch whenever I squat, always on the right leg...I feel like I'll snap my shit up soon. Am I squatting with poor form or is it lack of mobility?
>>
Probably an issue of form, especially if you feel like you're putting more effort into one leg than the other on your way up.

The parts in which some people have mobility problems are the achilles tendon and the hamstrings, your groin's flexibility isn't overexerted in any way during a squat, unless you do sumos or something.
>>
>>37485191
its ur hip flexor
problem is ur mobility, try stretching ur hix flexors. google that shit and do it.
it will only get worse over time.

had the same problem in the past and it took weeks to fully recover because I kept pushing my squat without solving this problem first.
>>
>>37485214
I'll try to check if I've been leaning to the side.

>>37485237
Did you keep squatting while you were stretching?
>>
>>37485956
stretching always on off days or right after your workout but I prefer on off days.
never before the workout, your strength will suffer because you actually need to stretch the hip flexor quite hard and that shit hurts atleast it did for me.

it helped in the end. I took some weeks off because I was will and came back with the proper mobilty and healed. no problems so far.
>>
>>37485237
>problem is ur mobility
Nope.

>>37485191
You're getting impingement because you don't keep a posterior pelvic tilt throughout the movement.
Breath all the way down into your low back and try to create 360 degrees of pressure from the air you suck in. And most importantly, squeeze the fuck out of your glutes during the whole exercise, especially in the bottom.
>>
>>37486074
>no posterior pelvic tilt isn't a result of bad hip flexor mobility
ok doc
>>
>>37486108
Anon, if your hip flexors were so tight it was physically impossible for you to tilt your pelvic, then you wouldn't even be able to walk around.
That said, there is a chance that you're right and stretching the hip flexors will make it easier for him, I guess, but it's the pelvic position that's important here.
>>
>>37485191
Put plates under your feet
>>
Have the same problem but in the lower right leg above my ankle, had to stop squatting heavy for now since it was starting to hurt to walk, dunno wtf is up.
>>
>>37486260
>under heels
i do this too helped so much, was able to add 50lbs to my squat
>>
File: hip-bursae.jpg (102 KB, 447x309) Image search: [Google]
hip-bursae.jpg
102 KB, 447x309
>>37485191
Bursitis?
>>
>>37486260
How does this work exactly? I saw some guy doing it the other day and thought he was crazy
>>
>>37486340
same thing as lifting shoes, those have wedges in them. it can help you with ankle mobility and be able to squat lower. it also helps me more evenly balance and not put weight on the ball of my foot.
>>
File: image.gif (967 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
967 KB, 245x245
>>37485237
>ur

YOU JUST SKIPPED 2 LETTERS YOU FUCK, HOW MUCH TIME DID YOU SAVE?!
>>
>>37486448
>2
>not two
disgusting
>>
>>37486448
bout 1 sec
>>
>>37486331
Unlikely, bursitis would cause problems at times other than while squatting. Generally causes inflammation, redness, swelling while walking and while sitting/lying on the area of the bursa for a while
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.