[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So has anyone tried any of this stuff? I'm pretty lazy to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Soylent_drink.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Soylent_drink.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
So has anyone tried any of this stuff? I'm pretty lazy to cook and plan my meals so was thinking of surviving on purely soylent and protein shakes.
>>
>>37480481
Living off of supplements. Youre fucking stupid OP.
>>
>>37480481
It's basically cat food for humans (but in powder form). For what it is, it's too expensive.
>>
>>37480481
Why would you live off of liquids for the rest of your life? Do you want to lose any enjoyment food brings you?
>>
>>37480529
I'd probably still eat out on the weekends as a social thing. But regularly days are a bitch to plan out your macros and cook pre-made meals before going to work. Would be hell of alot more easier to just drink this spacegoop.
>>
>>37480593
Well, if that's your reason, I can understand it. Personally I cook about 1-2 times a day and eat 1 cold meal. I prepare all of it when I come home after work. All together, along with planing out my macros with myfitnesspal, it takes about 1-1.5 hours out of my day. In my opinion, worth it to keep the pleasure of eating actual food, but it's your life man.
>>
>>37480593
You can just buy industrial amounts of chicken breast and potatoes or rice and cook that shit everyday. It literally takes like 5 mins if you take the least demanding way, then it just cooks by itself. And it will still probably taste better than that fucking mud.

Why would you give up on control of what macros you consume? You can't change proportions in a supplement.
>>
>>37480703
>>37480657
Eating chicken and potatoes everyday only seems slightly better than drinking spacegoop tho desu. True though, I do give up the ability to fully control macro ratios. Seems to be pretty well balanced though. Might have to order some to try it out first before deciding to go all in on it, might taste like absolute dog shit.
>>
Just cook larger amounts of food, so one meal could last 3-4 days
>>
I use it occasionally because I travel a lot for work and can't always bring a cooler or something (survey engineer, out in the bush a lot).

The taste is okay, kind of like cereal milk. The texture is a little gritty, kind of like protein shakes if you don't use a shaker cup.

Aside from snapping if you ate nothing but this, it's kinda of expensive. I believe it's $280 Freedom Dollars a month with a subscription, and that's if you're eating only 2000 calories. In comparison, on a 2500 cut I'm spending $60 a week on chicken, rice, veg, yogurt, whey, etc. (to clarify, that's cost for the week's food, I buy in bulk so it's not like I spend an even $60 every week).

Look up how to meal prep. I literally cook once Sunday and freeze my meals all week. I'm even moving towards green oatmeal smoothies to replace Soylent just for the cost alone. Still a pain to keep cold but easier than an actual meal.
>>
File: 1403953125694.jpg (81 KB, 679x569) Image search: [Google]
1403953125694.jpg
81 KB, 679x569
There's a lot of misunderstanding about Soylent on this board. I suppose the company's image and name has an excessively trendy, left-leaning nu-male slant to it.

Here's what it boils down to:

>You mix whey powder (protein) with oats (carbs) and oil (fat) in a blender in the ideal ratio. Consume with a multivitamin.

Doesn't sound too bad, does it? Many of us already do this with many of our "bulking shakes." The company's goal is to advance this concept to create an ideal macro and micronutrient ratio using science.

If you don't like the company, though, you can literally make it yourself by hand just like a protein shake. Your choice of carb, fat, protein source, vitamins, minerals.

Some example recipes:

https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/people-chow-301-tortilla-perfection
https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/quidnycs-cheaperfood
https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/seans-lean-mass-gainer

You can live on as low as $2.50 a day for maximum nutrition, minimal effort. No company or branding to deal with, just you, your brain, and the collaborative Internet community.

>But drinking a liquid every day is bad!

This is not limited to a liquid -- the community is evolving every day. Look into the Twennybar concept. Cookies, bars, and other solid baked goods are being developed based on the concept.

>But why not just eat actual food?

That is the ideal, but sometimes life gets in the way. You're on a road trip and there's nothing but McDonald's and shitty fast-food anywhere in sight. You're extremely busy and literally can gain up to an hour of productivity by passively drinking instead of sitting down for a meal. You're a poorfag and could go for a $1.something McDouble -- oft hailed as an achievement of modern capitalism for its cost efficient shitty nutrition -- or have your daily health needs satisfied with the sip of an even cheaper drink, if at the expense of taste.

Yeah, it's certainly not for everyone. But the concept has its niche and does it well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.