[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw missed a bench press rep and the barbell fell on my chest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 2YqKOTz.png (229 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
2YqKOTz.png
229 KB, 1200x807
>Tfw missed a bench press rep and the barbell fell on my chest for the first time ever

What's the least painful way to kill myself ?
>>
>>37480246
>barbell fell on my chest
How? Were you doing suicide grip? How much weight was it?
>>
>>37480383
this
>>
File: bench-levels.jpg (18 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
bench-levels.jpg
18 KB, 450x250
>>37480383
Was doing this but my arms gave up , It was 70 kg ( don't know how much in burger units )
>>
>>37480442
1,5 plate
>>
>>37480478
1.5pl8 is 80kg.

>>37480246
You should've benched in the squat rack like a normal person.
>>
>>37480599
My gym doesnt have squat racks , it only has steal bars with holes in them on which you can insert a hanger to put the bars on them ( You can do every exercise though on them just like a squat rack , minus the safety of a squat rack ) , yeah shit sucks and no one else in the gym does free weights so I can't get a gym buddy to watch for me.

>inb4 change gym
This is the cheapest gym , and I have no money , Ill just have to accept that the barbell will fall on my chest sometimes
>>
Did the exact same thing today but I was only benching 1pl8. Is there a safe way to bench without a spotter once you start reaching your limit?

Luckily my brother was there so I could get a helping hand but normally I'm on my own or it's just me and a PT guy with a middle aged woman
>>
>>37480246
>barbell falls on your chest but isn't heavy enough to kill you
lel bbyweit kill urself

>>37480478
(Total weight in KG - weight of the bar in KG) / 4 / 10 = #pl8
(70 - 20) / 4 / 10 = 1.25pl8
(80 - 20) / 4 / 10 = 1.5pl8
(90 - 20) / 4 / 10 = 1.75pl8
(100 - 20) / 4 / 10 = 2pl8
etc
>>
>>37480442
It's fine, shit happens. Good work for pushing yourself, but just make sure you have a spot when you do it next time.
>>
Getting stuck under the bar is a badge of honor m8. It means you pushed yourself to the point where you couldnt take any more.

Good on ya, we're all gonna make it
>>
>>37480725
>>37480739
Thanks mates this is really nice of you
>>
>>37480739
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Don't put the clips on the end so when you hit failure you can tip the plates off.
>>
>>37480775
or just roll it down to your legs, sit up and place the barbell on the floor
no biggie
>>
>>37480642
If you can't do an exercise safely (safety bars and/or a competent spotter), you should swap it for a safer alternative. Which would be the dumbbell bench press and dips in your case.
>>
>>37480246
nitrogen
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.