[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is west virginia one of the fattest states if not the fattest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: brfss_2014_ob_overall[1].jpg (65 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
brfss_2014_ob_overall[1].jpg
65 KB, 600x374
Why is west virginia one of the fattest states if not the fattest state in the coutnry?

Why is the south and the mid-west so fat?
>>
I could understand colder climates being fatter because of the ability to layer clothing to cover your fat body.

I don't know about the South though. Just a culture of over-eating and shamelessness I guess.

You'd think West Virginia would be fit with the hilly terrain.
>>
Because its filled with poor people living on food stamps who use them to buy terrible packaged foods. They sit on their porch all day and nobody does anything.
All the poor white people live in Appalachia. All the poor black people live in the south.
>>
>>37482233
It's full of ignorant fucks who overeat. They buy garbage even when they have good jobs.
>>
>>37479698
Well having lived in the south, i can say the culture there is very different from other parts in the us. Theres a general air of "More is better" when dealing with eating there. Theres also the issue of the popular foods there which are usually drowned in butter/margarine. Plus, these states usually have alot of things spaced out, which makes the use of cars necessary, resulting in less physical activity throughout the day. Thats what i think anyway.
>>
Compare a map of obesity rates to a map of black population. You'll notice they look very similar.
>>
>>37482924

except whites trail close enough that it isn't impactful towards the results at all
>>
conservative part of the US is cancerous and filled with idiots

idiots dont know how to manage their body
>>
Niggers
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 153x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 153x317
West Virginia poster here

Yea our state is full of poor white people who can't get jobs that aren't Walmart or McDonald's. You can find decent work if you're persistent but most people aren't.

On the flip side there's low crime if you're not a meth dealer

Sure we have a lot of fatties and white poverty but we're nice and have nature to spare.
>>
>>37479698
>Why is the south and the mid-west so fat?

>naggers and spics
>>
>>37483347

I love dipping into WVA (live in Loudoun County, VA) for woodsy shit and nasty ass food. Closest Long John Silvers to me is in Charles Town, worth the trip every time.
>>
>>37479698
Niggers and spics. Google obesity by racial lines.
>>
I live in the shit hole called WV. It's as bad as they say, believe me... Especially with grills. The fat ones are horrible of course, but not nearly as bad as the average ones. No joke, 6's have had their egos stroked so much because they aren't fat slobs that they think they're the greatest ever. Wat do, /fit/? Tinder is horrible, nobody goes out anywhere, and my college has more fatties than anywhere else. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like my only option is to finish my degree nogf and move as far away as possible.
>>
>>37483666
Move to Morgantown.

We can lift together
>>
Compare OP's image to the Bible belt. Not saying it means anything but there is a correlation
>>
>>37483393

>Long John Silvers
>Worth a 5 hour drive

Breh..
>>
>>37483971

Charles Town, not Charleston. It's ~30mins, and I usually spend a few hours fuckin around in the woods beforehand.
>>
>>37483393
>live in Loudoun County, VA

I'm in Prince William County, Woodbridge to be specific. What's up NOVA bro?
>>
File: 1353_logo_1.jpg (67 KB, 1200x819) Image search: [Google]
1353_logo_1.jpg
67 KB, 1200x819
literally this
>>
Its all about food. My ex grew up in the country in TX and he makes his guacamole with mayo and cream cheese. Shit is fucking delicious, dont get me wrong, but like 10x worse for you than it needs to be.

I moved to TX from WA and though TX as a whole is fatter, Austin is fitter than Seattle. It really depends on where you live.
>>
>>37482233
>All the poor black people live in the south.

then how do you explain southern and mid west states that have very little black people but high obesity rates? Blaming black people for everything is silly

>>37482924
the same question for you too.
>>
>>37484006

Nothin' much, it's weird that Loudoun is considered NOVA--the western half of the county actually wants to cede because of all of the eastern development haha. How is Woodbridge? Is "Hoodbridge" accurate or an exaggeration?

I'm going to Alexandria this weekend, hope the weather stays nice. Nice to see nearby people on /fit/.
>>
>>37483890
Tfw I went to State instead of WVU, so I can't fuck sluts every day of the week. Damned room and board expenses
>>
>>37483347
>On the flip side there's low crime if you're not a meth dealer
>Sure we have a lot of fatties and white poverty but we're nice and have nature to spare.

how big are the towns in WV and what is the average meal like?
>>
File: 1373700944359.jpg (83 KB, 979x647) Image search: [Google]
1373700944359.jpg
83 KB, 979x647
Exhibit A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyerIDAU3oc
>>
I live in the south, Alabama to be precise. I'll tell you why.

Culture. As stupid as it sounds, fried food and sweet tea is part of the culture. Biscuits smothered in gravy is a normal breakfast here. There's 6 fried chicken fast food joints and every single restaurant carries fried chicken. People eat fried chicken livers. Butter is smothered on everything. With all of that fat, most people drink something sweet to down it all. That's sweet tea, soda, etc. In my specific area, we had Sundrop for a while before it went nation-wide. My area was the only place in the country you could buy it and most everyone drank it. A can of Sundrop is 170 calories with 45g of sugar. Back in high school, I'd have a 20oz bottle at school and 2 cans after school. It's just the culture. Your parents did things a certain way and it made you do them a certain way.
>>
>>37479698
>see a mexican in the grocery store
>they're fat
>>
>>37481684
>the south
>highest concentration of blacks than the rest of the country
>wondering why obesity is there

if we evenly spread all the blacks that live in tn, mississippi, georgia, lousiana, alabama across all the states in the U.S.A the numbers would be a lot more even.

Blacks are the fattest people known to man, they are almost all morbidly fucking obese it's disgusting, especially black women.
Even black men are not as fit as the media tries to portray it, most are chubby at best.

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/adult-overweightobesity-rate-by-re/

Seriously just take a fucking look, I live in TN.
More blacks live in Memphis/Knoxville than almost all of California. 72% of them are obese.
>>
>>37484111
Loudoun has always been considered NOVA, but I see where you're coming from. Most people I know from your county are from the Eastern part like Sterling and Ashburn.

>is Hoodbridge accurate?

To an extent yes. There is no real "ghetto" in NOVA. The only reason why it has that reputation is because all the hoodrats are moving down here as a result of gentrification and DC and PG county. Not to mention the increasing crime.
>>
>>37484220
As a white male, this pisses me off. All the fucking niggers and wetbacks give this beautiful country the fucking terrible name it has .. and they aren't even fucking Americans. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>37484235
>le fastfood obesity meme

Except for the small regional chain of Whataburger all major fastfood chains have their origins outside of the South.

The Southern Obesity problem is one of demographics not lifestyle.

57% of black women obese
47% of hispanic women obese
38% of white women obese
12% of asian women obese

38% of all adults obese
17% of children obese
>>
File: 1372052160971.jpg (102 KB, 700x476) Image search: [Google]
1372052160971.jpg
102 KB, 700x476
>>37484342
Pay up whitey. The US can't afford a wall.
>>
>>37483085
/thread
>>
>>37484313
do you have any stats on the percentage of white southerners that are obese? It's unfair to compare the general black population to the white one because 80% of blacks live in the south and whites outside of the south greatly reduce the white obesity rate.
>>
>>37479698

Good food. West coast food sucks. West coast would die of blandness if it wasn't for Mexican food.

Midwest because the winters and sprawl and reliance an cars and no public transportation, meaning no need to walk/bike anywhere.

Also because in urban cities that had white flight, cheap groceries stores fled to the suburbs, so all you have are grocery stores that sell everything for twice as much as they cost anywhere else, so it's just as cheap to buy McDonalds everyday.
>>
>>37484347
Right, because the origins of the chain matters.

>Obesity is a problem of demographics, not lifestyle
LOL.
>>
File: 4de.gif (279 KB, 493x370) Image search: [Google]
4de.gif
279 KB, 493x370
>>37484342
>this beautiful country

This is what Americans actually believe.
>>
File: Obesity & Income.jpg (74 KB, 665x545) Image search: [Google]
Obesity & Income.jpg
74 KB, 665x545
Fun fact:

As income levels increase, women get fatter.
As income levels increase, men get thinner.
>>
>>37483402

mexicans are all over florida and the west coast, and those areas have tons of blacks too.

and even in states with heavy black and hispanic populations, there are still more whites.

how does it feel to be this wrong? whites love mcdonalds as much as any other Americans.
>>
>>37484361

http://www.businessinsider.com/immigrants-create-jobs-for-local-workers-2015-6

This is actually a low estimate, and it says that illegal immigrants create 1.2 jobs per illegal immigrant. some estimates go as high as 5 jobs per illegal immigrant. So it's actually a net gain.
>>
File: 1391888969112.jpg (313 KB, 745x3041) Image search: [Google]
1391888969112.jpg
313 KB, 745x3041
>>37484400
Great counter argument.

Don't let facts get in the way of your life.
>>
>>37484405
to be fair America does have some truly beautiful places
granted most Americans will never visit them, but still they exist
>>
File: 1372572348762.jpg (329 KB, 547x656) Image search: [Google]
1372572348762.jpg
329 KB, 547x656
>>37484442
Spending tens of thousands per illegal immigrant by the state doesn't equal a net gain when they are making minimum wage or less and sending a large chunk of it to their home country.

20% of Mexico's annual income comes from Mexicans living in the US
>>
>>37484405
Post scenery from your cunt, cunt
>>
>>37479698
I have lived in appalachia all my life. People here are pretty fucking lazy. Most of them eat shit and drink because unless you are into the outdoors there is nothing to do. That being said, the people who are active in the outdoor community are awesome and tight nit. In my city, we have to cater to sloughs of tourists in the summer. Most of the tourism here is based off outdoor activities. Im getting sort of off on a tangent but i promise it is related. The more people that move here the more lower class people cannot afford to live here and are pushed further into the peripheree. I recently had to move to the fucking sticks because i couldnt afford to live in asheville. There is no gym near me but there is a shit ton of fast food. I can see how lazy fucks dont even bother driving into town.
>>
>>37483347
WV is a beautiful state.

Would build a cabin in the hills and start an incest family.
>>
>>37484411
you read that chart literally backwards friend
>>
>>37484477
Wanna know a fun fact, part of the reason there are so many in Chicago is because of the Cubs. They started hiring illegals while at their training camp in Arizona and bringing them back. They would then bring their family over there.
>>
>>37484383
the link I provided has data on all persons of any color and can be chosen by state.
Whites are pretty obese too brah, but blacks are usually an entire 10-15% more in most cases.
Whites tend to be more overweight in general, but less obesity.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.