[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight Loss Journey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: tipstoloseweight.jpg (68 KB, 1508x962) Image search: [Google]
tipstoloseweight.jpg
68 KB, 1508x962
Can anyone help my 500 pound fat ass lose weight with advice/motivation? I'm ready for a change. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
>>
Get fit for yourself anon, the feeling of losing weight and actually liking your body is bretty gud
>>
Post pic
>>
>>37477938
I'm too embarrassed
>>
>>37477974
there's your motivation, just imagine how bad-ass will it feel not to be embarrassed!
>>
>>37477917
Make sure you don't do something retarded like decide to go for a jog at your weight.
I wouldn't even bring much if any exercise into this for now and focus more on changing your diet, eating healthy and counting calories. I was over 350 lbs and I knew even at that weight I'd be wrecking my knees more if I did anything strenuous, so I stuck to light walks, lifting small weights and simple bodyweight exercises.

You're going to feel a world of difference once you do this. Going up the stairs used to make my heart pound and now it's no problem. My knees used to hurt from the weight and I even fell hard on my left knee, but now I don't get that kind of pain anymore. It's motivating to see how you're eventually able to lift more, walk longer periods at a faster speed and be able to fit into normal sized clothes. At our weight, you'll even feel a difference in your shoes and might go down a shoe size. The best part is being able to go outside and not feel the anxiety that comes from being a fat ass who isn't completely insane and feels ashamed of their self.
Get to it, don't let any missteps get you down and I hope to see you in the progress threads, anon.
>>
>>37477917
My motivation is a better resting heart rate, being able to comfortably sit in airplane seats, not being out of breath and sweating up a storm after walking 3 flights of stairs, and not wanting to have fat put strain on my internal organs.

I also want to see my chin and jawline. I've never seen how my face looks without fat.
>>
>>37477917

Goddamn look at the shit posture in ops pic.

Also fuck you op. 500 pounds is irredeemable. Even if you lose the weight youll look shit.
>>
File: just.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
OP, take a pic but color in your face, something dude. there are plenty of ppl here who give better advice than i know most people irl who think they know healthy eating.

first step is to overcome your fear of posting.

just do it.
>>
>>37477917

Cut one bad thing from your diet each week.

Identify your reward/emotion cycle and its relationship with what you eat.

Count calories for a few weeks to get a general sense of how much you over-eat.

Be as honest as possible to yourself.

Cook all of your own food from scratch. This can easily be done in 30 mins per day, if you can't then learn.

Identify how many times per week you eat because a friend/partner/work wants to go out/get takeout/restaurant - limit yourself and politely refuse.

Pick a regular time to work out each day and start a light routine. Someone of your size should start real slow to avoid injury. At 500lbs you're going to need to go REAL easy to avoid completely destroying your knees. The good news is that 200lbs can be gotten rid of in a matter of months with calorie restriction.

Start small and increase. Don't try to do everything at once.
>>
>>37477917
go to your doctor. let him make a check up.
then you know how hard you can push yourself. might have to go to a cardiologist.
probably should start with swimming and treadmill to save your joints.
>>
>>37477917
Post pics it's rare to see a fatty such as yourself, but i'm gonna guess you can hardly move so i'd start with walking around the block a couple of times and increasing the distance as time goes on. You need to fix your shitty diet . I personally saw fast results with intermittent fasting, so you could try that as well.
>>
File: index.png (2 KB, 114x114) Image search: [Google]
index.png
2 KB, 114x114
(No.37478844)

One thing i can recommend to you OP is that if you want to lose weight, you need to stick with it. There is no magic pill, there is no mystical workout that gets you slim in weeks.

This is the regime i've been doing for the past 3 weeks, already lost 6.6KG.

1) Drink 8 glasses of water a day

2) High protein low carb diet.

3) Incorporate veggies into every protein based meal (this way you can eat as much you want, free veggies anyway)

4) Don't eat fruit

5) Stay away from ANYTHING that can be white...like flour, milk, sugar. If you have a sweet tooth, ive found Candarel to be great with no effect on weight.

6) Do some form of cardio exercise atleast 3x a week

7) Weigh yourself and measure every week

8) If you feel hungry, have cravings...opt for some almonds / free jelly (fantastic) / even crackers (not crackerbread, eat the really bland stuff, fills you up)

Anymore tips and i'll be happy to give.
>>
File: pepe62.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe62.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>started in march 9th at 323lbs
>278lbs as of today
>slowing down because of recent social events and also because i'm starting to eat junk shit here and there again

Even if progress is slow, i'm still losing weight, today i had a bag of chips and some mcdonalds, i'm probably anywhere from 400 to 600 calories over my limit, but i still lift and do 20 minutes of hiit cardio 3 days a week

Should i continue like this or try to start another clean cycle? people were already giving me shit for loosing weight way too fast
>>
>>37478905

the recommended weight loss amount per week should be just around 2kg, if you're losing like say over 3kg a week id also be suspicious.
>>
>>37478881
I always see people here telling fatties that they shouldn't exercise (muh joints and whatever) and that they're better of just counting calories for the first few months

But the other day i saw an episode of my 600lbs life and the doctor recommended a 500lbs lady to walk around the block at least twice a day

what should they do?
>>
>>37478905

Include scheduled junk in your clean cycle, such as a morning where you're allowed some cookies and one take-out per month.

One of the biggest pitfalls to successful dieting is rewarding yourself for successful dieting with junk. You nee to stop this reward cycle by introducing a scheduled junk amount at a scheduled time - a guaranteed income if you will.

Dieting is really just eating the food from a different lifestyle. Your lifestyle is slipping back to old routine probably because you're stressed, pressed for time or just bored. If you get hungry and an apple doesn't sound appetising then you're actually just bored.
>>
>>37478930

think i saw that episode too dude, i watch that show so much, scary how people let themselves go. Youtube the Joe episode, thats fucking depressing.

point is, if you want to lose weight when you're fat, you need some form of exercise, it doesnt really matter wtf it is, aslong as it gets your ass off the couch and increases your heartrate.

i wouldnt recommend anything huge like a 1km run if you're really fat, start off small and work your way up. its the only way.

unless you're fucking rich and get lipo then yeah.
>>
>>37478920
i lost a lot of weight dwith psmf, pretty much no carbs and a hitting my protein goal everyday (104g), i ate chicken and broccoli for over 9 weeks, it wasn't hard, i actually got really used to it but i decided to quit because a bunch of people here told me that it wasn't healthy to do it for longer than 9 weeks.

the problem is that now i have to eat like a normal person (oats, potatoes, yogurt, etc)
and for some reason, allowing myself to eat that many carbs seems to make me crave even more carbs, that's what i liked about psmf, there were no cravings whatsoever
>>
>>37479013

> i decided to quit because a bunch of people here told me that it wasn't healthy

if it was working, why the fuck were you listening to them? now you're back on carbs and whatnot and your fucking up your progress.

first rule is to not a give a shit. protein and veggies you cant go wrong, everything in moderation too.

this is my regime:

Breakfast: 3 eggs and Spinach (ice cold water)

Lunch: 120ml of Lentils, 100g of mushrooms and 100g tuna...with vegetable spice for flavour and wash it down with more water.

Snack: Almonds / Free Jelly

Supper: Spinach, Cucumber, Ground beef or chicken...eat until you are full...drink moar water.
>>
File: m5100-Copy.jpg (55 KB, 463x372) Image search: [Google]
m5100-Copy.jpg
55 KB, 463x372
You dont need motivation You need discipline. get your diet straight and at your weight just start shadowbox for a month. its gona be long and hard and you will probably fail. Trying is the most important part.
>>
File: big good feels.jpg (127 KB, 975x1000) Image search: [Google]
big good feels.jpg
127 KB, 975x1000
>>37477917
>used to weigh 310
>depressed and shit
>not (exclusively) due to weight
>waiting time of 7 months before I can get professional help after intake talk
>say fuck it, I can't deal with my mental issues but I'll take care of my physical issues
>tell myself I'll be lean no matter how long it takes
>lose weight mostly through lifting, hate cardio, still do. Swimming is the only cardio I don't hate
>lose weigh ttill 200
>become lax and gain some weight again but never above 225, kind of jojo between 210 and 225
>smoked a lot of weed to supress bad thoughts before talking to psychiatrist
>keep smoking weed after I get taken in
>now 3 years later most of my issues are gone, quit weed quit professional help
>suddenly less sleep more energy (smoked like a gram of weed a day)
>down to 200 again, easier to maintain cut
>lift 4 days and swim twice a week
>gon' be lean before defqon which is on the weekend of june 24th
>>
>5'11'' 190 lbs
>182 two weeks later

I can't believe how easy it is, just a matter of not eating literal trash. The idea that I may be lean for the first time within next year feels unreal.

I hope I'm not just shitting the fat away that quickly because I'm just starting and will plateau soon. I want to not be ashamed of wearing a simple t-shirt and stop hiding behind oversized clothes and vests. I wanna make it.
>>
Google 'How to lose weight in 4 easy steps"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.