[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to /fit/, I am coming from /k/. Looking for any advice you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image6272.jpg (43 KB, 393x607) Image search: [Google]
image6272.jpg
43 KB, 393x607
New to /fit/, I am coming from /k/. Looking for any advice you guys might have to give towards me getting /fit/

I want to get /fit/ for health>image so I am already off to good start.

>inb4 read sticky
I did, thoroughly. It was very informative.
>>
>SS+GOMAD
>>
>>37476586
go 2 da gym
>>
>>37476604
planning on using the YMCA gym, going twice a week.

Only been to a gym twice, was my old College gym. Was in Rexdale in Toronto. Was uncomfortable.
>>
>>37476603
Fpbp
>>
You have to do full body routines for that few of days
>>
Any advice on starting a workout routine?

Need to work on my ass, legs and arms more then anything. I am a 6'2 /k/ommando with a flat ass and no arms.
>>
>>37476655
>>
File: image6297.jpg (215 KB, 1270x1920) Image search: [Google]
image6297.jpg
215 KB, 1270x1920
>>37476662
>>
>>37476662
>I did, thoroughly. It was very informative.
Pls
>>
>>37476655
If you don't workout you will need to build the main groups first
>>
>>37476674
>>37476681
> sticky suggests multiple beginner programmes and even gives an example
> how do I into programme? I totally read the sticky lel
>>
>>37476655
Curls - 3x12
Lunges - 3x12
Tricep Kickbacks - 3x12
Squat - 3x12
>>
>>37476586
HALLO FIT!

I RAD STICKY
WAS VERY INFURMATIV

JK DIDNT READL OL
>>
Keep form, watch videos and read studies.
Don't worry about strength too much, just do what you can do and push hard as a motherfucker.
If you are skinny, eat more, if you are fat male eat like 2000 cals, you will have to track this shit.
>>
>>37476701
Was just testing the community waters there fampire.

I was expecting this hence why I >inb4
>>
>>37476702
This sounds like a pretty good routine. Is this something you do purely or do you switch things up often?
>>
Asking for "any advice" after already reading the sticky isn't very helpful.
Is there anything the sticky didn't explain thoroughly enough for you, or anything you'd like to discuss from it, or anything specifically unrelated to the sticky that you'd like to know, or discuss?
These are helpful things to bring up.
Asking for "any advice" isn't specific enough to get anything. You could get advice on which brand of nuts is better, how many reps you should squat for, how important accessory exercises are, how frequent you should be pooping, and many more.
>>
>>37476752
No you weren't you delusional LARPer. You were caught out on your bullshit. Fuck off back to your survivalist commune circlejerk.
>>
>>37476586
You're mistaken. This is /r9k/ now
>>
File: lifeposi.gif (17 KB, 252x249) Image search: [Google]
lifeposi.gif
17 KB, 252x249
>>37476783
>>
>>37476811
Just buy Starting Strength if you're serious. I think it's about 25 bucks off amazon. If you're cheap u can find a PDF online. You can choose from a few starting routines listed in the sticky but I think SS is objectively better than Stronglifts. My favorite is GSLP but it does focus a tad more on looks than on functional strength.
>>
>>37476891
Alright thanks il look into that.
>>
>>37477006
nigga that was literally the sticky you fat fuck
>>
>>37476586
DUDE
MUNDUSMILLENNIALIS
LMAO
>>
>>37476767
Just read the fucking sticky you dip, I can't even tell if this is you or a troll, but I really hope its a fucking troll
>>
>>37477026
:^)
>>
File: barbell_magazine.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
barbell_magazine.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>37476586
There's a meme going around to trying to newbies to call things the wrong name so they embarrass themselves, so here's the real deal:

magazine: pic related, allows you to load up multiple weights to a bar. Most gymgoers just call it a mag

clip: Men's Health, Muscle and Fitness, etc. They're called this because if you see a useful article you can just cut, or 'clip', it out.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.