[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been failing 140lbs for OHP. Already delaoded. got first set
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Been failing 140lbs for OHP. Already delaoded. got first set of 140x5.

What should I do? Fucking OHP pissing me off now
>>
>>
OHP makes everyone pissy. Get used to it.
>>
>>37475771
What does thou suggest
>>
>>37475609
more lifting less bitching
>>
>>37475609
Do only one working set and use microplates
>>
>>37476134
This is good advice. Drop the weight and work back up. Change your rep scheme. Take a look at some of your accessory exercises. Are you doing chest earlier in the workout or week?
>>
>>37475801
Continue lifting and deloading as dictated by your program, throw in some db overhead during your deloads, maybe buy some microplates and play around at 137 or 138, y'know basic shit
Look man after 140 ohp progression is supposed to be slow. Like, really slow. It's not a squat, it's not a deadlift, it uses smaller muscles and less of them than such. You can't expect the same level of progression.
>>
>>37475609
Wait so you failed to hit 140, but got a set of 5 at 140? You're upset you can only hit 5 or what? Senpia I don't understand
>>
>>37476189
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I got 140lbs for 5 but failed the second and third set.

Thanks for the advice fellas. My program is (brackets are current weights I need to do next workout):

A
Front Squat 1x5 (210)
Bench 3x5 (210)
Power Cleans 5x3 (155)
Barbell Row 3x5 220

B
Front Squat Top Set of 5
OHP 3x5 140
Good Morning 3x6-10 160
Chinups 3Xf BW

And I do 2 miniworkouts at home for Biceps, Triceps, Traps.
>>
>>37476354
>brackets
>>
>>37476411
I don't get it
>>
>>37475609
try seated press. Try dumbell and see if you can overload. If youre stronger on the seated then the standing then you need to work on your body ridigty eg abs, back legs technique etc.

If not, then grow ur delts..
band work thus focusing on pushing hard at the bottom all the way up helped me alot
>>
First of all you probably do have some kind of form problem if you have a 210 bench and a 140 OHP - those are not proportional. Second as several people have said/asked - do you have micro plates? Try 137.5 maybe you'll get it. Third, hey man you can already press more than 90% of gym goers so good for you.

As for form tips, grip the bar really hard . . . Make sure your elbows and firearms are under the bar, don't have the bar deep in your hand you want the weight pushing right onto the pad of your hand so there's no lever arm . . . Once the bar gets past your gas GET UNDER IT, the push forward will help you finish the rep . . . Do you start each rep (after the first one) from the top position or the bottom? Either can work so if you are failing one way try the other. When starting from the top make the most of the "bounce" off of your tight bottom position (hehehe). When starting from the bottom, you can put a little hip drive into the motion by rocking your hips back right before starting the lift and pushing them forward as you lift (as long as you keep your knees locked you're not cheating . . .finally it might feel faggy but when the weight is that high you may actually benefit from using a belt when you OHP, try it.
>>
*once the bar gets past your face get under it
>>
>>37477607
Just as a heads up, proportionally he should be able to do 65% of his bench on OHP, so he's right on the money
>>
>>37476354
next time you The Press do 3x3 at 140lbs instead of 3x5

and then the time after that go for 3x5 again
>>
OHP

SUICIDE GRIP OR REGULAR?

I SUICIDE GRIP
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.