[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial Arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 11864652464.jpg (19 KB, 453x527) Image search: [Google]
11864652464.jpg
19 KB, 453x527
Are martial arts any good? Which does /fit/ advocate? I've seen ads lately for some and feel like joining, but I wouldn't want to get into some meme combat style.

inb4 krav maga, I'm aware it's good for self-defense but it's pretty ass at keeping you fit
>>
so many of these threads.
>>
>>37475578
Well there ain't none right now and I don't browse this shithole all day.
>>
File: Chillin.jpg (25 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
Chillin.jpg
25 KB, 290x290
boxing/muay thai and wrestling/jiu jitsu and you're all good. they're easy to find too
>>
Boxing/Muay Thai/BJJ + Judo/Wrestling
That's what I heard anyway
>>
>>37475566
They're all cardio, so no.
>>
Do boxing if all you want is legitimate self defense. Do mma if you want to be able to fuck someone's shit completely up even if the fight gets to the ground.
>>
>>37475566

Suck your opponent's cock. Sukdiksu.
>>
>>37475689
For some reason pretty much everyone at the place I used to do BJJ had shit aesthetics. Even the teacher. They're good and won a lot of tournaments though.
>>
>>37475716
Although this black dude from the same branch but in another state I currently live in has some god tier aesthetics.
>>
File: Braulio.jpg (40 KB, 539x539) Image search: [Google]
Braulio.jpg
40 KB, 539x539
>>37475705
>not wanting to be the unbreakable rock that smothers opponents
You're seriously never going to make it, Jujitsu champions are among the fittest people in the world and they can manhandle anyone on /fit/.

>>37475566
Jujitsu, it's an amazing core workout, the muscle groups they work with give you a really fit, but not roid rage look.
All fights outside of world star hip hop knock outs end with some dude on the ground getting his face smashed in, you'll be that dude.

Don't do karate, maui tai they are memes.

Kickboxing is acceptable if you're a lanklet.
>>
>>37475590
narcissistic hive mind
>>
>>37475716
It's known as the type of sport where you don't need to be big to win. It's more about quickness and leverages and being crafty. Too much bulk could actually be bad for your flexibility and hinder you in BJJ.
>>
>>37475745
Jiujitsu is a meme /asp/ will recommend either Judo or BJJ but not just plain old jiujitsu unless ur a cuck.
>>
>>37475716
>>37475725
from my personal experience a lot of even really advanced jj guys look average or like they could be underestimated based on their physiques. some even use their beer belly looking stomachs to their advantage.
>>
any as long as you compliment it with more excercise
>>
File: angry_man_gun.jpg (24 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
angry_man_gun.jpg
24 KB, 615x345
>>37475566

KRAV MAGA
>>
File: asp wrestling.jpg (3 MB, 2490x3621) Image search: [Google]
asp wrestling.jpg
3 MB, 2490x3621
>>37475578
we got chased off our board by WWE fags
>>
>>37475745
Your an idiot, bjj you'll get slaughtered out in the real world, once you're on the ground and his friends jump in and your hugging some dude on the ground then what? Your face gets stomped in.

And mauy thai is a meme, but do kickboxing haha seriously you don't know shit.

Op

Make sure you get a trainer who knows what he is doing, some say they know what they are doing but teach poor form. Best is Mauy thai for striking and blocking, but you'll need to add in some take down work. Which is where I enjoyed doing zen do kai. Its basically designed for street fighting and incorperates a bit of bjj, it uses mauy thai strikes and stance and has a bit of karate mixed in. It is designed to take your opponent out quickly and prepares you for group attacks.

All are excellent cardio.

Source trained Mauy thai/kickboxing for 3 years, trained zen do kai for 2 and a half years and trained bjj/mma for around half year.
>>
>>37475800
Jiujitsu is bjj you fucking mongoloid. Jujutsu is the traditional japanese style. No one on /asp/ recommended it except the budo weebs.

>>37475566
Boxing, muay thai, bjj, wrestling, judo, full contact karate (kyokushin, enshin, etc), sambo and a couple others are decent.

Everything chinese is shit
Everything korean is shit
Everything "military" or "real world" is shit.
>>
>>37476004
this
oriental stuff is good to shill but its utter crap for combat or getting fit
tkd complimentes with more excercise its good tho
maybe san da but idk if its truly kung fu
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 386x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 386x381
Græco-Roman wrestling. Well, any kind of wrestling. Submission and catch wrestling are also good.
>>
>>37475566
Muay Thai conditioning cuts you up fast. A lot of it focuses on core strength to build power. It's the best martial art for rapid fitness gains.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.