[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I used to be pretty skinnyfat, and had some gross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Fat Marks.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Fat Marks.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
Hey /fit/, I used to be pretty skinnyfat, and had some gross stretch marks developing on my belly and arms. I've been working out for a couple of months and am starting to lose weight, but my stretch marks are still there. What can I do to get rid of them? pic sort of related, not as bad as this guy's
>>
>>37473589
I got pretty bad stretch marks too OP and unfortunately you can't do much about them. You can moisturize them daily after showering and it will help them appear less visible though

The only way to get rid of them is through laser but that's still not 100% guaranteed to get rid of them all the way.

My advice is just to put cocoa butter on them and get used to them like everyone else who has them too
>>
>>37473659
Damn that blows man, thanks for the advice though. What does the cocoa butter do, take the purple out or fades them in or something?
>>
Maybe getting a nice tan will help? I have marks too btw
>>
>>37473744
It'll decrease the brightness of the red and distress but not eliminate it fully. The only way to get rid of that is again through laser.

You can just use a typical Suave cocoa butter lotion bottle from a CVS or Walgreens

Again just get used to it. Tons of people have just as bad stretch marks as you.
>>
Nivea Creme works or just shea butter.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>37474070
shea l'butter
>>
>>37474028
Alright sounds good man, thanks, I'll try these lotions out. I'm not to stressed about them, I'd just rather not have them than have them
>>
I got some pretty bad ones too. Not as bad as ops picture but still. They fade after a while and getting a tan does help. Try not to get burned though because that'll just make them stand out more
>>
>>37473589
dont listen to
>>37473659

stretch marks go away on their own but can take a fucking while honestly. they will get better over time but can take up to 2/3 years to disappear completely.
>>
>>37473589
OP, disregard everything everyone else has said.

Look into Derma rollers or microneedling on Google. You can buy kjts extremely cheaply and do it at home.

In terms of effectiveness, it would go:
Cocoa Butter/Creams = Little to no effect (but cheapest)
Microneedling = Effective (moderately expensive)
Laser = Most effective (but most expensive)
>>
>>37473744
Have a positive spin on them. Mothers wreck their vaginas but they remember what it was for. I'm guessing if you have stretch marks you were actually quite fat and not skinnyfat like you said. I have stretch marks around my nipples, on my biceps, around my hips and on my thighs. I remember being 105kg and insecure about wearing a tshirt because i'd have stretch marks on my arms.

Every day after morning shower I apply palmers coco butter, after about 2 months all the purple will fade, but the mark will still be there. the mark is only noticeable if you get up close or look at it from an angle though. I see them as tiger stripes, my badge of pride, remembering what i've come from and what i've done. I lost 27kg this year and stretch marks are the least of my problems They might not last forever if you're young. As long as you stretch the skin in a healthy way i.e. gaining muscle, the collagen will snap back and they might be gone in 2-3 years
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.