[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 1436907759001-int.jpg (45 KB, 390x750) Image search: [Google]
1436907759001-int.jpg
45 KB, 390x750
ITT, post questions that don't deserve their own thread. Ich

-----------------

After 3 sets of 5x pullups my arms feel numb and I can barely manage to lift a 1l water bottle.

I suppose this is a bad sign? I had an injury just recently that felt similarly. I already warm up and try to do them as slowly and controlled as possible.

Any tips for a weak bro?
>>
Guys I started doing SS after being a fat slob for 3 straight years (gained 25kg) I have some newbish questions. Does sex/masturbating affect my gains? Should I use gloves for my exercises if my palms dont get sweaty (seen a lot of dudebros using them). Am I gonna make it if I weight 95kg and cant even do more than lifting the bar?
>>
During my workout my muscles feel tired similar to >>37472674 (no injury tho), but they don't burn and the next day Im not sore. It kinda feels like the muscles just dissapear..

Also, is it better to complete all your reps/sets or fail on the last set?
Im assuming the most optimal is using weight where you can barely finish, right?

Sorry for dumb question, 23 y/o skelly neet trying to turn his life around.
>>
>Weight goes up, belly gets smaller, and i get more vascular
>weight goes down, lose vascularity and belly flab comes back.

I experience this during a cut. The end result is a lighter, more vascular me, but during the cut this weird shit happens.

I thouht the vascularity loss would be water retention, but why does weight go down then?
>>
I work two week rotations and when I'm on days I cannot use weights only body weight workouts, I loose a lot progress in the two weeks I'm doing days any advise on keeping my gainz brehs?
>>
Who here got cut on a huuuuuge deficit? +500 cals. I'm fishing for reasons to do a 1k deficit
>>
Starting my cut today. I usually don't do cardio, however I recently got a job where I am literally running around a warehouse all day, lifting light boxes. My fitness Pal is saying I am taking 27,721 steps and burning 1297 calories, while before I was only burning around 400 at my old job.

Is this a good way to cut? Just keep eating my regular bulking diet and burn everything else off at work? I feel this would help control cravings and would keep my lifts up at the gym considering I do most of my eating before I go to the gym.
>>
What lifting belt do you recommend?
I'm going to buy one on amazon.
5'12" 165lbs 12%bf if that affects whether I should get a 4 inch or a 6 inch, leather or foam, I have no idea
>>
>>37472872
>My fitness Pal is saying I am taking 27,721 steps and burning 1297 calories
mfp is retarded when it comes to this sort of thing, you'd be much better off calculating your tdee elsewhere and not factoring in 1300 extra kcal into your 500 kcal cut.
>>
>>37472834
750 is what i run.
I wouldnt recommend going harder, unless you are familiar with rapid fat loss and attempting a psmf type thing.

For longterm cuts my diet has to be pretty on point, to feel healthy and strong at a 750 deficit. But you get 3 days worth of progress every 2 days.

Intermittent fasting is GOAT
Unsweetened (not even artificial) seltzer water is GOAT for fasting.

I find multivitamins help me feel full, that could be placebo. But placebo is effective as fuck, so use it, if you can
>>
>>37472800
are you lifting hard enough during your cut
>>
>>37472749
No.
No.
Maybe. Work harder.
>>
Cardio vs weights for fat loss?
>>
>>37472749
Sex improves gains.
7 days of nofap is supposed to help, after 7 days test drops. Ime it soesnt make a fucking lick of difference. If you want a slight boost take creatine.
Gloves are bad, and inexcusable. Chalk is the answer to sweat, not gloves. Gloves are for callouses, but you can just use lotion and your fingernail if you dont want callouses. They reduce bar gription. Especially for lifts like the clean/power clean, you want a solid grasp of the bar. A film of cloth in between the hand and the bar is very bad for heavy lifting.
Good for 3x10 babyweight, but you dont want to do that until intermediate.

We are ALL gonna make it, brah (except justin bieber, he is getting too much gains-killing cardio smashing all that pussy)

>>37472793
Have you been training for a bit?
If the soreness is started to go away, that is a good sign. DOMS means your muscles are undertrained.

If you havent got sore ever yet, then keep adding weight. Even then i wouldnt worry too much about never getting DOMS, as long as you maintain progression you will make gains.
It is better to complete all the sets and reps, without adjusting the weight.

If you fail on the last set, you need to rest longer between sets (5-8 min for heavy sets. 8-10 for REALLY heavy sets)
>>
Is it healthy/normal to get a little light headed during a cut?
>>
>>37472884
pls
>>
What the fuck is a dyel on this board. is it literally anyone who isnt on gear? I swear to god every time i see anybody who looks aesthetic and is lean has 20 salty replies screaming dyel...
>>
>>37472674
You are good.
As long as there is no pain, i wouldnt be overly concerned.

>>37472823
Try more difficult exercises that you can only do in a lower rep range.

Something you can only do 3-8 reps

>>37473108
Maintaining weekly progression, even though cutting.

Literally making strength gains on a deficit. So yes, i am guessing so.
I should clarify this phenomenon happens over the course of hours.
>>
>>37473201
Weights is 1
Diet is 2
Anaerobic cardio is 3.

Aerobic Cardio is 666
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
>>
>>37472800
>>37473255
Sounds like could be glycogen reserves, which make you look leaner and fuller muscles
>>
>>37473212
Bump

Also is there a way to avert this without consuming more calories?
>>
>>37473246
Let me explain
-if you look like you don't lift, you are dyel.
-if you look like you lift, but i am bigger than you, you are dyel.
-if you are as big and lean as you can be without roids you are SIMULTANEOUSLY dyel and fake natty
-if you are big and lean and roids
>roiding for this

Using this template, you should be able to feel superior to just about everyone.
>>
What's the better protein source after workout:
Milk or nuts?
>>
>>37473212
Not usually.. Maybe if you fell for the aerobic cardio meme.

What deficit are you running?

>>37473218
Most people here dont use a belt, because autism.
>>
>>37473374
Nuts are for fats
Milk is macronutritionally neutral, unless you have lactose free skim milk with no fats or carbs.

But even at that point it is mostly water.

..neither?
>>
>>37473212
It's normal to be light headed when your body needs food.
I don't know whether it's healthy to cut like that though.
>>
>>37473395
Nah. My TDEE is apparently 2600-2800 and I'm eating from 1300 to 1700 a day. Lately I've been sticking closer to 1300.
>>
>>37472823
>>37473255
You give shit advise, for two weeks I can only do body weight excercises, i can't find any excercises that I can't get past 8-12 reps per set with body weight
>>
GVT for an intermediate lifter. Is it a meme or legit? If legit what routine is a good one?
>>
>>37473426
>Nuts are for fats
But they have the most protein that is not of an animal source that I am aware of?

>..neither?
Fuuuaaaark
>>
>>37473437
Definitely cutting too hard.

Make sure you arent malnourished.

If you dont already, consider IF. The increased gh and test helps you lose less lean mass, which helps with thermogenic adaptation.
The increased leptin sensitivity also helps with thermogenic adaptation, and helps you feel sated after eating.

Increased insulin sensitivity also helps with satiety and cortisol reduction, as well as increased muscle gene expression.

It is literally the natty cheat code.
>>
>>37473463
Idk what your protein goals and calorie intake is, but i would have to eat like 2x my calorie intake in nuts to get my protein goals.

Inability to get .78g protein per lb bodyweight is literally the only reason i am not a vegan.

Coupled with the fact that proper fiber intake (such as what you get with a plant-based diet) reduces protein bioavailability by 78%...

However since you drink hormone-laced, pus-filled milk, consider egg whites

Is like 99% water 1% protein, but pure protein, no fat or carb, and i think it is a complete protein.

Pull a rich piana and drink 10 egg whites a day
>>
What are insertions?
>>
Should I just give up

I don't think I like this anymore

I might continue to lose weight and eat on a deficit as I'm a recovering fatty but I don't think I have much interest in lifting and might stop when I hit a goal weight.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. I don't really need your validation. I guess I'm just expecting some sort of kick in the pants to motivate me. But I think I'm just losing interest in all this
>>
>>37473539
It should also be noted that unnatural vegan (GOAT vegan youtuber, can actually science properly, and shits on virgin gains and freelee and other retarded vegans) struggles to get proper protein intake (both regarding amino spectrum and amount consumed) and that bitch is a nonlifting grill...

But the more you train the less protein you need because
-less muscle to be built (unless you roid, because no natty limit, but even then there is an un-natty limit, phil heath cant add lbs of muscle a year)
-body is better adapted for protein retention

This equates to lower need for protein synthesis AND a reduction in protein breakdown, meaning the requirement for total protein anabolism is significantly lower...

Just eat meat till you get close to natty limit.

..but then hodgetwins lost gains when they went vegan, and they on that TRT... Maybe there is no hope
>>
>>37473591

Find the one thing you like, maybe lifting isn't for you, maybe calisthenics is or boxing or something else
>>
>>37473539
>Idk what your protein goals and calorie intake is,
I don't count calories because I'm not a fatass. I only need those additional proteins after workout because I avoid meat on my regular diet.
Just came home from workout and wondered whether I should eat nuts or drink some milk.
Milk seems to have less proteins but nuts are harder to digest and more load on the body.

Also I don't follow the
> .78g protein per lb bodyweight
rules because I consider my daily protein intake sufficient if I just get that after workout extra protein

>egg whites a
I have to fart a lot from eggs, no way I will eat 10 of them
>>
>>37473591
Just think of it as grinding in a video game.

You wasted hours doing that boring shit, but this actually gets real life results.

Quit when you get lean, sure.

But it helps with weight loss 1000000%
>>
>>37473624
You should count calories on a bulk.

How do you know you are eating enough to make gains??
>>
So i'm going out tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday, i want to get drunk and all, I don't usually drink, especially now that i lift. But what would be something good to eat before, during and after a night of heavy drinking, i also have to wake up at 5am for work, any tips?

>inb4 alcohol kills gains
>>
skinnyfat dyel here, how do i decide a reasonable weight goal to set after my first few months of working out
>>
>>37473648
350 kcal of protein and vegetables

750-1000 kcal of drink

350-500 of protein and vegetables

I just do an undressed salad, flavored with chicken meat or moose or whatever.

Lots of potassium and other electrolytes in the veggies, sodium from the meat = better hydration = less severe hangover (aka literal dehydration)
>>
>>37473712
So would sipping on gatorade and beef jerky help when i get home?
>>
>>37473698
https://symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
>>
What's the fastest routine to go from skinnyfat to chad? Im doing SS now but Id rather only do upper body and I think I can handle 5-6 days per week.
>>
>>37473646
>How do you know you are eating enough to make gains??
I feel it. Listening to your body is not rocket science.

Of course I estimate my approximate calorie intake, but I don't really count them.

>You should count calories on a bulk.
not necessary when having lean gains
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1928815.jpg (918 KB, 850x1205) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1928815.jpg
918 KB, 850x1205
>>37473584
It's the way your muscles are build and how they stick to your skeleton. Simply saying, it's how they look (e. g. some poeple have lats starting lower, then other).

>>37473648
Remember to drink water, not only soda and alcohol.

>>37473698
I wouldn't set goal weight. You should rather cut/bulk and check weight just for confirmation, not for a "goal". Goal is the look/strength. Weight differs for people.
>>
>>37473739
Except for the free sugar content of the gatorade, sure.

Most beef jerky have free sugars as well.
Try to avoid those when consuming thousands of calories of carbs, presumably with a more than negligible sugar content (except hard liquor[not mixed drinks], and maybe a very dry wine).

But your head is in the right place.

Fiber helps with satiety on such little calories, hence veggies are goat
>>
>>37473768
Rider is my goal body
>>
>>37473768
aight htanks
>>
>>37473759
You should count calories ESPECIALLY when lean gain, to make sure your surplus is only 250kcal, not more or less.

You cannot feel yourself gaining muscle but not gaining fat.
Idgaf how well in tune with your body you are.
>>
>>37473615
I pretty much only do cardio now. Might stick with that. Of course I'd love to be ripped or whatever But I don't think I enjoy the effort it takes to get there and won't be bummed if I don't reach it.

/end rant
>>
>>37473648
Eat real fatty foods before drinking, you won't get drunk that fast but consider this wasted money on alcohol.

during drinking... don't give a fug because you'll be drunk anyway.

before going to bed, make sure to drink a fuckton of water, a FUCKTON
This will clean and rehydrate your body

alcohol is pure suffering but you can lessen it's effect with these tips (then again, it's waste of money to lessen the effects - just drink less)
>>
>>37473833

well, if you like cardio do that
>>
>>37473447
Then you havent done a hard enoug exercise.

How many planche push ups can you do? More than 12?

How many strict muscle ups can you do, more than 12?

I dont give shit advice, you just dont know shit about bodyweight progression.

If you are doing 8-12 reps you literally training strength endurance, not strength.

Find a more difficult variation of the bodyweight exercise (of which there are literally thousands) until it is so hard you can only do a few reps
>>
>>37473824
>You cannot feel yourself gaining muscle but not gaining fat.
???

>Idgaf how well in tune with your body you are.
I'm pretty good at it.
>>
>>37473751
Trust me, more days working out =/= more gains.

You grow when you adapt and recover to a stimulus strong enough to induce such an adaptive response.

If you work out too frequently, you wont be strong enough to induce any meaningful adaptive response, and you would remain weak from prior training sessioms, so you would continue to make no gains.

Gslp might be a little more upper body focused, but it is al'ost the same as SS.

Just get your 3-6 months of 3x5s in, and you will be strong enough to do a high volume PPL, and make all the gains.

There is no way around this.
3x10 babbyweight, 80 sets per workout, 6 workouts per week is the trap of the "hardgainer" dyel

There is a reason all novice programs are low set, low rep, 3x a week.

Because the best way to get result as a novice is low ser, low rep, 3x a week.
>>
>>37473833
>But I don't think I enjoy the effort it takes to get there and won't be bummed if I don't reach it.
Cardio takes more determination in my opinion.
I don't get how people prefer literally burning from aerobic exhaustion to the relaxed lifting session
>>
>>37473878
There is no possible kinesiological way to detect such body processes.

You are a delusional faggot
>>
File: muscle.jpg (219 KB, 2480x3484) Image search: [Google]
muscle.jpg
219 KB, 2480x3484
Is it normal that I don't feel sore anymore? Is that a bad sign? I normally do 1 warmup set and then 4x8 for every exercice (struggling to get last rep or 2)
>>
>>37473924
I started just by playing basketball with my friends like 5 times a week but now I just like the feeling, idk
I've only lost like 25 pounds, down from 200, and I'd like to get to 160 or 150
So once I get there I'll prolly stop unless I really want to
>>
>>37473934
>There is no possible kinesiological way to detect such body processes.
Science just hasn't figured it out yet.

t. meditation pro
>>
File: image.png (11 KB, 1277x136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11 KB, 1277x136
Im going to start Jamie Lewis's Murder the Opposition dealift program, but since I downloaded it I dont know how I should calculate my lifts for the program.

Does anyone know how I should calculate these? And what do I do for those accessory exercises like dips?
>>
>>37473941

DOMS kinda goes away but it could also be a sign that you're not pushing yourself hard enough
>>
>>37473972
As a practitioner of meditation, you should be able to analyze yourself well enough to know self deception.

Maybe that there endogenous dmt is causing tactile hallucinations, lmfao.

No but seriously, you are a tremendous faggot, and i love you
>>
>>37474002
>As a practitioner of meditation, you should be able to analyze yourself well enough to know self deception.
don't lose your fedora, my friend.

>Maybe that there endogenous dmt is causing tactile hallucinations, lmfao.
>Hurrdurr scince is so based
Protip: Science has no fucking clue about most subatomic particles, so just stick your chemicals in your faggot ass
>>
>>37473941
It is bad you think you will make gains doing 4x8 babyweight as a COMPLETE novice.

It is good your DOMS are going away, because some how they aren't undertrained. Unless switching workouts brings back DOMS which means your muscles adapted to being continually undertrained (which i suspect to be the case)

What makes you think you can write yourself a program better than literally every tried and true novice peogram?
Do you really think you know more than experts about how novices should make size and strength gains?
>>
>>37474025
>i dont understand quantum mechanics, therefore science is wishy-washy and up for debate
Holy shit new age bro, you scare me.

Spoken like someone who has never been in a high level science class
>inb4 e-statting about having all the doctorates
>>
Im 5'8" and 145 lbs. just started SL about a week ago. Should i be cutting or bulking first if im around 15% bf? Also what can i throw in for arms since my arms are super tiny? Sorry if these r dumb questions
>>
>>37474025
>I dont need to count calories for lean bulking, because I am too stupid to understand the collapse of wave function
Is this what meditationfags actually believe?
>>
>>37472834
>500
Before I started seriously lifting, when I was a fat fuck 2 years back, I ran on a deficit of about 2-3k cals. My maintenance was around 3500, and I ate about 900-1200. I really wouldn't recommend it though
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.1959699.jpg (312 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.1959699.jpg
312 KB, 720x540
>>37473795
Good choice!

>>37474085
If you are really sure that you have 15% bf, then you can bulk.

If you are not sure, cut for month or two, then bulk.

Please, don't fuck up this bulk by eating pizzas and shit.
>>
>>37473480
I'm sorry, but after you said IF the terms you used were lost on me. Mind giving me some reference to understand?
>>
>>37474074
>>37474088
Nice try pretending to know quantum physics, you fags.
Too bad you missed the whole point for why quantum mechanics became a thing. It's literally the lack of knowledge about nature which drives such theories and here you pretend to already know anything. People like you don't make good scientists
>>
im too autistic to go to a gym, i have no weights at home. what are some exercises at home I can do with no equipment that will give me enough strength and courage to go to a gym? I mainly want big pecs to be honest.
The thought of benching in front of people terrifies me if it's just 1 plate
>>
For those of you doing a ppl routine, do you squat on both leg days and deadlift on both pull days. I'm afraid doing those two twice in one week is too much.
>>
I'm currently on a cut and trying to lose weight, but I'm going to be leaving on a week-long vacation to the beach in about a month.

Is it alright if I just accept that week as a cheat week, and keep going from there?
>>
>>37474189
Walking.

It'll help you get to your car so you can drive to the gym to actually get a workout.
>>
>>37472674
Do you guys actually deload? If so, how was the experience?
>>
>>37474189
>what are some exercises at home I can do with no equipment that will give me enough strength and courage to go to a gym?
pushups are a pretty good thing
Also I used to lift car tires in my basement
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.412966.jpg (252 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.412966.jpg
252 KB, 900x675
>>37474199
If you can eat normally - then do it. If not, then it's better to cheat, than to starve, right?

>>37474237
Deloading for about 5-10%, depending on exercise. It feels good, can break plateau.
>>
>>37474167
Thermogenic adaptation is you body trying to adapt to a lower caloric intake by lowering your BMR, what normies call "starvation mode" (well.. Thermogenic adaptation coupled with increased cortisol) except it is not a "mode" and normies GROSSLY overestimate its actual effect. It is only a few hundred calories at most.

Satiety..just google the definition.

Fuck it, just google the rest of this shit, aint nobody got time fo dat.

>>37474172
I didnt claim to know quantum mechanics, faggot.
I claimed you knew even less than me.

You are correct, i am a simple chemist with only a cursory understanding of wave function collapse, but i know more than a few physicists who have a better grasp of this subjest, and literally 100% of them hate faggots like you with a passion.

Just ask any physicist you can find what they tink of "quantum woo" and people who fallaciously equate a gap in scientific knowledge with an inability to trust scientific knowledge.

See what their thoughts are.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8DGgvE6hLAU
>>
>>37474189
Floor press.
Overhead press
Power clean
Front squat
Deadlift.

Get a barbell if you dont have.

>>37474192
I Deadlift on leg day.

>>37474199
No faggot, eat less.

Try intermittent fasting, and having 2 normie meals a day

>>37474237
Yes deload if you stall

It helps you past your stalling point.

Shit is cash.

>>37474252
Dyel confirmed
>>
>>37474319
>I deadlift on leg day
Twice a week or once
>>
>>37474286
>and literally 100% of them hate faggots like you with a passion.
They're just not edgy enough to be real scientists. They will remain mediocre faggots doing the necessary lab work while any real scientist with some guts to swim against the mainstream will make the revolutionary discoveries.

>and people who fallaciously equate a gap in scientific knowledge with an inability to trust scientific knowledge.
This is not related to our discussion
>>
Is running on grass/dirt much better on my knees and joints compared so sidewalks/pavement?

My local hs has a dirt track
>>
>>37474376
Twice, i have a volume ppl and an intensity ppl per week.

I sometimes skip deadlifts on volume day, but not always
>>
>>37474406
Dude they have doctorates, and you have never stepped foot in college level science class.

The guy in that vid is fairly accomplished.
>>
How is this for a routine?

1: deadlift, pullups, rows
2: rest/HIIT (treadmill/elliptical)
3: bench, dips
4: rest/HIIT (treadmill/elliptical)
5: squat, OHP, power clean
6: rest/HIIT (rows)
7: rest

i'm mainly concerned about where I should put the OHP (could it be on the same day as bench or is it better to do on squat day?) and what other exercises I should add
>>
>>37474406
>not related to our discussion.
Lying kike.
>>37474025
>science doesnt understand muh quantum mechanics, therefore counting calories, chemistry, pharmacology, thermodynamics, et al can all be tossed by the wayside, because i can "feel" my lean bulk

This officially your last (you)

Did you enjoy it?
Was it everything you thought it could be?
>inb4 mad
Nah, just done arguing with literal retards
>>
>>37474462
Horrible.

REST between sets.
Your heart rate is supposed to get lower.

Dont fatigue yourself between sets.

Since you are very clearly novice, why not try a tried and true novice program, like greyskull lp or SS?
>>
>>37474484
what do you mean rest between sets? those are rest days, obviously I would be resting between sets when working out
>>
>>37474434
>Dude they have doctorates
>The guy in that vid is fairly accomplished.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Tesla was the real shit and Mendeleev too and any other scientist that wasn't conquered by the system of titles and scientific papers

>>37474463
>Lying kike.
I think you are literally a kike. Post your nose faggot

>Did you enjoy it?
Yes, I'm not a fanatical fedora who tries to prove you something. I'm just offering you my point of view so you fucking goyim might learn something new.
>>
>>37472884
>5'12"
wut?
>>
When I'm going for heavier sets of deadlifts (3 rep max), I feel a slight tugging on my lower back.

Is this normal or does it mean my form is shit?
>>
Why am I feeling dips entirely in my shoulders? Is there even any point of them to build triceps?
>>
>>37472884
>foam lifting belt
>5'12"

Autism aside what are your lifts? If they arent in the 300lb range then dont get one. If they are I recommend the Inzer belts.
>>
Im having wrist pain and today is chest and tricep day, should i go to the gym anyway? Im going to be BB and DB benching heavy btw.
>>
>>37474222
moderate kek
>>
>>37474717
guess ill take today off then.
>>
How many reps should I be doing for these exercises? I've been 15 for wrist curls per set, 12 for tricep extensions and bicep curls. Should I up the weight and go for 8 reps with all? Pls halp
>>
>>37474717
>>37474809
Yeah, better to take off m8. I was a stubborn faggot with wrist pain once and prolonged it for months because muh gains.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 427x640
How do I into a social life?

I'm not currently in school, and I don't have a ton of friends.

I don't really care about it that much though, I actually enjoy just chilling on my own most of the time, but I don't want to be seen as a boring person.

What are some things I can do to make interesting and socially adept friends?
>>
>>37474887
>call up friend/friends and say "hey, want to hang out?"
>pick up hobbies that involve you hanging out with people
>join clubs/classes
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>37474904
Let me amend my question a bit

I have Hobbies that involve me hanging out with people fairly often, but they are not people that I want to be the face of my social life.

How do I into a normie social life
>>
>>37474970
interact with people who you want to have a social life with.
>>
>>37472674
Lets say theres a guy who is 17 years old and 5'8. His dad is 5'7 manlet, but his uncles from mom and dad side are 6ft+. Does he have a chance?
>>
>>37475029
17 year old? not likely m8. Sorry for your, I mean "his" loss.
>>
File: 1462158951145.png (477 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1462158951145.png
477 KB, 498x568
I'll probably post this in the routine thread as well, but where did your newb gains stop at for Bench? I've been stuck at 205 lb (3x5) and it's been fucking killing me. I can't seem to progress and I'm not sure whether to switch to another beginner routine or what. If I can't linearly progress, as is going on, the fuck do I do?
>>
How would doing PPLxFULLBODYXFULLBODY work? Is there another routine that would be better than this 5x a week is what I'm asking
>>
>>37475097
changing programs will likely do nothing for you. Increase your calories for a week and see how that goes.
>>
>>37474818
even wrist curls etc didn't do nearly as much as heavy holds for my forearms, i recommend doing wrist curls at no less than 12 reps or you begin to risk your wrist joint health, its way too easy to fuck your tendons there.

as for the extensions and curls, fuck, they are only extensions and curls, it doesn't really matter. 8-12 is fine, just stick with one rep range and don't change it every week (unless you keep the weight constant and up the reps)
>>
How long does it take to get energy from food ?

I've heard it takes around a few hours or so yet I can feel an energy boost 5 minutes or so after eating.
For example I didn't much today ( ~1000 calories ) and after working out I started feeling weak af, couldn't walk proparly, couldn't see anything and felt like fainting, then I drank a bit of juice and felt the effects in a minute or so.
>>
>>37475213
it's kind of complicated. There's some energy that comes from stores in your body and then there's some energy that comes straight from what you just ate. For example, if you're on a cut and ate at a deficit all last week, your workout today would suffer no matter how much you ate beforehand, just like if you were bulking all last week and ate nothing all day before a workout today.
>>
>>37475125
Are you saying do no more than 12 reps for wrist curls or do minimum 12 reps?
>>
Starting a bodyweight routine and need tips on what to do and what order.
>5'11
>180 lbs
>decent cardio, can run a mile in ~7
>>
>>37475097
there many reasons it may have stalled any many solutions to it.

how many times per week do you bench? whenever i stall i focus on that lift and it flies up like crazy. for example i stalled at 64kg x 5 on The Press - switched to doing it 5 times per week and it increased to 72kg x 5 in like 2.5 months or something crazy.
>>
>>37475409
best tip is to not do a bodyweight routine and pick a beginner strength program and do that instead. In that order.
>>
>>37475376
>no less than 12 reps
its right there brah
>>
>>37475422
stupid as fuck desu.

>>37475409
there are well established routines out there which answers this Q. the only rule of thumb is core work last. you will need all your ab/low back strength for other movements.
>>
>>37475422
The only reason I'm doing bodyweight is because I don't have access to a gym
>>37475478
Thanks friend
>>
>>37475478
>stupid as fuck desu.
except it's not desu
>>
>>37472674
In a full-body routine, should I work the lower or upper body first?
>>
I worked out almost religiously for about a year and a half a few years ago, regrettably I got lazy and stopped and haven't worked out propoerly in 1.5 years

I plan on starting up again; will I be starting from scratch like I did initially or should I be able to catch myself where I left off in more reasonable amount of time?
>>
The left side of my upper body doesn't feel it as hard when I'm working out. Should I make an extra effort to get the left side 'locked in' like adding in left-only exercise?
>>
Why do people suggest eating carbs post-workout?
Should I eat them beforehand too?
>>
>>37475588
You won't start off from scratch but you'll be able to work up pretty quickly.
>>
>>37475421
You might be right. I was doing it twice a week. I may change it to four times. Shit is really depressing.
>>
>be on candito LP
>get all sets of 75kg bench easy
>get literally ZERO (0) sets of bench 77.5kg today
>get 65kg OHP easy
what this means
>>
5'11
Always had wrinkly hands, even before I started lifting. I was always (still am, sorta) a lanklet. Is that why?

Do lanklwt genetically have wrinkly hands?
>>
Is veal a healthy food? I still have a good bit frozen from the last deer I shot.
>>
>>37476178
I meant wrinkly palms sorry
>>
>>37476249
sure
>>
>>37476249
Oh shit I meant venison
>>
how does one get huge? i mean massive

im currently on 6 scoops of mutant whey xtreme but i still am normal
>>
>>37476348
Have you tried 12 scoops?
>>
>>37476368

i tried 8 once but i felt that it aws to much
>>
File: saved.jpg (51 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
51 KB, 720x960
How long before you see the benefits of running?

i go to bed at 2 or 3 am every night, wake up at 10am, dont start studying until 3pm.

i want to start waking up at 6:30am and go for runs at 7am every day of the week. I've been on keto for the past 4 months and lost 27kg without a single piece of exercise, but i know i'll look better if i start running every day. If i run for 30 minutes every morning to start my day, would I start feeling better and looking better within 2 weeks?
>>
>>37476557

ho w many scoops r u on
>>
>>37476557
>i want to start waking up at 6:30am and go for runs at 7am every day of the week
step one is not staying up til 3am
>>
>>37476557
feeling better? probably. Looking better? LOL definitely not. And protip: drastically changing your habits to start running is just setting yourself up to never go running.

And if you want to look better, start putting on weight by eating a lot and lifting heavy weights. Running isn't going to help you look better.
>>
File: sidedelts.jpg (62 KB, 305x185) Image search: [Google]
sidedelts.jpg
62 KB, 305x185
How do I get my side delts to grow more? When I do side raises I always feel like my front delt is getting worked, but oddly enough less if my thumbs are pointing up.

I've also tried doing side raises with a slight incline and I feel like it takes away some of the tension on the front delt but still haven't seen much growth.
>>
>>37476572
i dont lift so no need to supplement protein
>>37476590
yeah. I know ill feel better because i'll be up earlier, have more hours in my day and go to bed at a normal time because exercise will make me tired
>>37476597
i'm about to go gucci in the gucci store
>>
>>37476611
>OHP
>bench press
>dips
>pull ups
>>
>>37476557
>>37476618
if that's you in the pic
>don't wear headphones around your neck like a fag
>don't wear bracelets like a fag
>don't take selfies with your hand in your pocket trying to look aloof like fag
>don't wear stupid shirts like a fag
do all that and you'll look better.
>>
I checked my BMR.

>6'0
>Male
>198lbs
>almost 2k bmr

That seems way too high.
>>
>>37476620
those are all front delt heavy what the fuck are you talking about

>>37476611
this is really odd considering thumbs up puts more work on the front delt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRVFXFpIHDE

this video is good at showing how deltoids work and the principle behind training them. It might help

>I feel like it takes away some of the tension on the front delt but still haven't seen much growth.
they grow slowly, really slowly. Bitch of a muscle group to grow
>>
>>37476638
He looks like an eternal anglo, there's no hope anyway
>>
>>37476660
>those are all front delt heavy what the fuck are you talking about
>being this retarded
do upright rows bro, those are definitely what you want.
>>
>>37476641
what did you put as activity level. And you can't get a good bmr if it doesn't ask for bf%. 2k sounds about right though.
>>
>>37476693
Well... It didnt actually ask for either activity level or bf%
>>
>>37476709
then it's a general guess at best. It's giving you an average.
>>
>>37476638
>don't wear headphones
bro idk about you, but i take pics in the moment. I don't fix my hair, get good lighting, change my clothes just to send a mirror selfie to a friend.
>don't wear bracelets like a fag
i went to a private school for 12 years, being told what to do when to do it and how to dress, I can wear whatever the fuck I want
>don't take selfies looking aloof
sorry next time i'll peace & pout like a normal person, then no one will criticize me
>don't wear stupid shirts
im in pyjamas lol

everything i do is 'being a fag' to you, good thing i'm actually gay or i'd be insecure about my personality and sexuality like you
>>
>>37476620
Besides the fact that I already do all of those except dips, how the fuck would they make my SIDE delts grow?
>>
>>37476727
>everything i do is 'being a fag' to you, good thing i'm actually gay
surprise suprise
>i'd be insecure about my personality and sexuality like you
called you out for what you are and that makes me insecure about my sexuality...lol.
>>
>>37476742
>how the fuck would they make my SIDE delts grow?
because they're compound lifts that use those muscles.
>>
File: six-pack-abs-burn-fat_5.jpg (99 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
six-pack-abs-burn-fat_5.jpg
99 KB, 1109x614
>>37472674
Cutting. Im aiming for 1300 kcal a day
5,7 and 156 lbs
I have never been at 1300 kcal/day. Am I gonna die or ill be fine?
>>
>>37476671
OHP is front delt heavy, and the only exercise out of these that actually works delts

bench is front delt heavy and doesn't work delts much

dips don't work delts

pull ups work posterior delts if anything but again, they don't work delts much

what the fuck is your point you retarded nigger?
>>
>>37476784
kiss your strength and some muscle goodbye. Other than that you might get light headed during workouts and maybe passout but that's about it
>>
>>37476785
yeah, stick to upright rows, definitely what you're looking for.
>>
>>37476771
> muh compounds
I bet you also think all anyone needs for abs squats and deadlifts
>>
>>37476749
er lol if you dont understand the irony ur lost kiddo
>>
File: 1460612623765.jpg (21 KB, 312x345) Image search: [Google]
1460612623765.jpg
21 KB, 312x345
>>37476785
>dips don't work delts
>pull ups don't work delts much

>>37476809
yeah, because that's totally what I said. Good job bro.
>>
>>37476816
>if you dont understand the irony
don't quit your day job.
>>
>>37476793
Pass out would be a really big problem
But I guess I can take the lighthead part. It already happens
>>
>>37476806
>>37476822
are you both just pretending to be retarded here?
>>
Not a question but I've been heating up my protein bars before eating them and now they're very delicious just thought I'd let everyone know
>>
Whenever I do biceps curls with a bar, or upright rows, when I release the bar from my grip I get a really strong shooting pain down my forearms and wrists

Sometimes it gets really bad and stops me being able to squeeze and grip things for the rest of the workout

I used to get shin splints when I was younger and it basically feels like that kind of pain but in my forearms

I thought it was a newbie thing as I was naturally pretty skinny, especially my wrists. But now I've been lifting properly for 2 years and pushing some decent weight elsewhere, and it still won't go away

What is it and what do?
>>
>>37476883
weak forearms. work on strengthening them.
>>
Arms been hurting for a month now when I squat or bench. Upper arm most of the time, sometimes forearm aswell. I've tried resting for a week with ibuprofen, icing, checking form. Gonna make a doctors appointment soon but don't want to be told I can't lift. Anything else I can do?
>>
>>37476995
might be microfractures. Maybe your form is shit.
>>
I just started Yohimbine HCL
I know that I need to do fasted cardio with it
but can I lift before cardio
I typically lift for 90-120min
>>
>>37475266
I'm wondering how come I went from close to passing out to ready to exercise again in like 30 seconds. Idk if it's placebo.
>>
>>37477133
low blood sugar maybe.
>>
How bad is leddit's PPL for beginners?
>>
File: 1465310904783.jpg (484 KB, 861x1172) Image search: [Google]
1465310904783.jpg
484 KB, 861x1172
Reposting this from /beg/ because it's fucking dead.

6'2"(188cm) 185lbs(84kg), only 6 weeks into the r/bodyweightfitness RR. I've got some questions about cutting/bulking.

If I'm totally honest, one my main goals is hypertrophy over strength, that and cutting back my bf% (it's hard for me give a goal number because I don't know what I'm currently at. I've been eating an avg of 2400 kcal/day since I started, with a avg of 112g protein/day. Would I be better off eating at a surplus when I'm this early in the program? Would the extra weight make progress slower? I don't really want to put on a huge amount of extra fat without much muscle gain, and since I've just started working out, can't I build just as much muscle while ALSO losing fat, or am I already past that window?
PS. I know weights are better for hypertrophy, I won't have access to a gym or any equipment for at least 6 months.
>>
File: Capture123.png (917 KB, 1001x796) Image search: [Google]
Capture123.png
917 KB, 1001x796
I've noticed as I lose weight that my rib cage protrudes a bit. How's that gonna look when I lose 20 more pounds?
>>
File: TaRUkxo.png (355 KB, 2485x3512) Image search: [Google]
TaRUkxo.png
355 KB, 2485x3512
>>37477309
Fuck, /bwg/*

And pic is the routine, for clarity
>>
>>37472674

i keep putting a lot strain on the hip flexors in my left leg. what's wrong with my form?
>>
>>37477315
it'll be there forever. If people are aware enough, they'll realise you were a former fatty, it happens if you are fat for long enough during your development period i.e. puberty and early twenties. You will always have that extended ribcage, your only hope is to get fuckin shredded so that its covered in muscle and people can't tell.
>>
>>37477339

Being a fatass caused it?
>>
What would be the best routine to get to 1/2/3/4 in the shortest amount of time?
SS? SL?
>>
>>37477353
yes
>>
File: ca.png (192 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
ca.png
192 KB, 640x960
>>37477351
from /r/lolgrindr
>>
File: camera.jpg (1 MB, 1452x2592) Image search: [Google]
camera.jpg
1 MB, 1452x2592
>>37477351
this is what he looks like, the more you lose the more of extended ribcage, i'm only 20 and i've lost near 30kg, will probably end up losing 35-45 when all is said in done, but im young enough that my body is still growing and developing, i still grow 1cm or so every year, still havent finished with puberty so i dont have to worry, but yeah being a fatty marks you for life with stretch marks and rib cage, ect.
>>
I've tried to take up jogging lately, but each time I've started I wheeze and choke up before I can even finish a mile, but I still have plenty of stamina. I don't have asthma, and I've been able to jog a mile and beyond easily just a few years ago, when I exercised more often. I'm only 18-years old, so I'm not suffering any age-induced issues. Is there a way I can overcome this, or just some other way I can lose weight easily? I've been thinking of turning to walking since I can walk At least 3 hours without a break, but I hear it's not as good for you.
>>
>>37477351
Yeah too much visceral fat pushed our your ribcage since there's a lot of cartilage causing it to be pretty pliable. I have the same shit, so noticeable now that I've lost a good amount of weight.
>>
>>37477403
a.you can't outrun a bad diet
b.just because you could run before doesn't mean you can now that you're out of shape. You gotta work back up to it. You might think you have stamina, but you don't. The muscles that control your breathing, your heart, etc, don't have the endurance.
download a couch to 5k app and use that to get your running in shape.
>>
>>37477403
You just have shit cardio, keep working on it and you'll be able to go longer distances each time. I thought I had exercise-induced bronchospasm and even got an inhaler but I stopped using it after a while of running and I was fine without it.
>>
>>37477402
>>37477412

My buddy said it was because i'm asthmatic and my diaphragm is more developed from tight breathing, pushing my cage up.

Either potential causes aren't really great i guess.

Will hard ab work hide it?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-07-23-04-08.png (4 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-07-23-04-08.png
4 MB, 1440x2560
>>37477412
Use to be a fatty too. Im at 20% bf.

Is my ribcage pretty bad?
>>
>>37472674
My right arm is 3cm shorter than my left >>37477392
If I bench/press would I die?
>>
>>37477458
>>37477315
you guys look fine, rib cage pointing out a little is only people obsessed with body image notice. You have a lot bigger problems than your rib cage extending a couple cm out than a person whose never been fat. work on your gyno, work on your chest/back acne, work on your V lines or stretch marks. It's honestly a non-problem
>>
>>37477261
bump
>>
>>37477520
considering I have no idea what it is, pretty bad desu
>>
>>37477537
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
>>37477548

I've been doing this one LPPLPPx for a few months now and I've seen some pretty good gains in my squat and bench press
>>
>>37477577
From what I've read it seems like the biggest problem people have with 6 days a week is not enough rest. Would running PLPxPLP maximize this, as you always get a rest between (largely) upper body days?
>>
>>37477486
I'm the 20%bf anon

I dont think I have any gyno. No core just soft tissue
>>
>>37472800
Yes oh God. I have this lower belly jut when I get too lean - it demotivates me from cutting
>>
>>37474462
dont fall for the not working out your arms meme, add some curls and skullcrushers or something. and lat raises. actually just use a routine that's already been made you freak
>>
>>37472674
numbness with your arms up like that is usually a sign of thoracic outlet syndrome and can be caused by tight pecs major/minor, or levator scapula. you could also maybe have impingement of the 1st rib going inferior or at your acromion process.

google treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome and see if that helps. usually just stretching the pecs can be beneficial to you.
>>
>>37472872
if you continue to eat your bulking diet and now have this new job where you're burning a bunch of calories just do a self assessment in the mirror or with the scale to see if you're actually becoming more cut or not. if after 3 weeks of working at this location and eating the same food nothing changes with your bf% then start cutting some calories as well.
>>
>>37473288
anaerobic cardio???

never seen cardio attatched to that word and if it is correct nomenclature then it should just be the same as your number 1 weights.
>>
>>37473374
milk would be the better option. studies have shown that after a moderate to heavy weight lifting session chocolate milk packs the most post work out nutrients one could consume for protein and carbs.
>>
I've been running for about 2 miles because I've sucked shit at running for a long time.

I get pains on my right side and there's this pressure type pain in my left shin. I can't tell if it's shin splints or a stress fracture or whatever.

Any advice for not sucking at running/ easing the leg pain?
>>
i've been doing SS for 2 weeks now but i dont want to powerclean. Should i do light deadlifts or rows or what? i think im going to start pull ups and abs too
>>
So I used to lift 6 years ago as a total noob with some marine friends for a few months and I vividly remember DOMS pains. Now when I do SLs I don't really have pain other than my normal aches (scoliosis) and exhaustion right after the lift. Like my body is very tired after lifting and can't do any more sets of anything but an hour later I don't feel anything anymore as if I could lift again. This is concerning. I used to feel horrible pains, like I knew my body was changing, but now the only change that has happened in the past 14 sessions of lifting has been in 5lb increments starting at the bar. What do?
>>
>>37477966

Realise that soreness has literally nothing to do with progress.
>>
What's a good hobby to compliment lifting?
>>
>>37478070
i like drumming
>>
>>37478070
yoyoing
>>
Oat and oatmeal is the same, right?
Also, what is the best way to eat it?
>>
>>37478070
shitposting

>>37478166
just searched archive for oat thread and found >>37384779
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
How do I flirt with a bunny who's probably 8 years older than me?
>>
>>37478242
>d-do you wanna be my um uh g-gf?
>>
>>37478245
Excellent. She will be woo'd.

Maybe I should not torture myself, maybe I should. A guy flirting with her today was an ugly ginger who lifts as much as me but has 10 years on me. I don't even have a job. But I want that ass mang. Perfext fucking size.
>>
why is volume bad for a beginner
>>
>>37478378
Cuz u not strong
>>
File: iiIfY8.jpg (405 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
iiIfY8.jpg
405 KB, 1280x1707
>>37478242
I read that as "how do I flirt with a bunny that's 8 years old?"
>>
>>37478378

Its not. Beginners don't need the same level of volume that more advanced lifters do but people have become so fucking scared of overtraining that they'd rather undertrain.
>>
>>37474189
Buy a pull-up bar and just do all bodyweight if your a puss. I'm fat as shit, bench 175 and do whatever the hell I want in there. Worst thing that'll happen? Some inner city black guy gives you a smug look or an old dude barks at you about leaving weights on a barbell or some shit. It's fun dude. Also, read the sticky before you start.
>>
File: image.png (114 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
114 KB, 512x512
>>37478275
Fuuuuuuck that. Go up to her like an adult. Try checking her out alittle bit and she how she responds.. Go over and talk to her. Be nice, show that your horny but your will is good sorta shit. Tell her about a lift you made or some shit impressive then make her talk about herself. Eventually you can get a number close if she talks about her self enough.
>>
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-derek45.htm

is this a bad workout routine?

Pls help
>>
>>37478275
Just make some small talk with her every now and then. If you catch her checking you out more then you're probably in. She's single, right?
>>
>>37478582

I've seen worse routines, but I've also seen a whole lot of better ones.
>>
>>37472674
Is it okay to do minor exercises inbetween heavier lifts as long as they don't target the same muscles? Like doing wrists inbetween squat sets or calves inbetween bench presses.

Like during your rest period or something.
>>
>>37478629
have you not heard of supersets or are you just asking /fit/ after googling
>>
>>37478629

Yes. Its a good way to shorten your workout. As long as you're not fucking up your main exercises in the process, which doesn't' usually happen with light stuff.
>>
File: 1464231969643.png (433 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1464231969643.png
433 KB, 800x534
Does anybody have recommendations on a good pair of basic weightlifting shoes to get? Preferably under $100.

I vaguely recall there being info on this in the sticky or in an info thread but I cannot find it.

>Select all images with pasta in them
Oh baby
>>
>>37478668
thank you

>>37478660
I know about supersets, but was unclear as to which muscles you're supposed to work with them. I see a lot of routines using 2 compound lifts in a superset and some of the muscles overlap. I'm still doing SS, it has no such supersets, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't hurting gains on the main lifts by adding in wrist/calf exercises inbetween.
>>
>>37478708
merrells
>>
Why am I failing to make progress on pulling movements?

I'm making pretty good progress with pushing movements, but i'm stalling like hell on the lat pulldown, rows, preacher curls, dumbbell curls and rear delt flyes

i do all upper body in one session, so maybbe i should look into a better split?
>>
>>37478708
powerlift 2.0's
they'll do what you need em to do and for $100 on the nose iirc
>>
Is gold standard still the best choice for protein supplement?
>>
>>37478813
Provide more details on your training if you want more concrete advice.
>>
File: You_a35cb9_1649111.jpg (39 KB, 604x599) Image search: [Google]
You_a35cb9_1649111.jpg
39 KB, 604x599
Should I do Sumo Deadlifts on my leg or my back day?
>>
If you are lying on your back with your toes pointing straight up, are your feet supposed to eventually naturally fall outwards or is this a sign of weak muscles?
>>
Should I buy a Withings Body Cardio scale? I feel like the tracking could be pretty nice but it's a bit steep for a scale. Thoughts?
>>
>>37472674
Does 5x5 vs 3x8 make a difference in speed of hypertrophy for a beginner?
>>
>>37479224
Depends on the rest of your program, but if we disregard that it makes most sense to put sumo deadlifts on lower body day, since it is mainly a lower body exercise.

>>37479465
The resting position of the hip is slightly externally rotated, so yeah, when you relax completely your toes are going to be pointing outwards a bit.

>>37479617
What exactly would you expect to get out of your investment?

>>37479629
If you isolate other factors 5x5 will result in greater gains in strength AND hypertrophy than 3x8. It is however also harder on your recovery. In other words, while 3x8 might be less "powerful" it also allows you to do more - perhaps an additional 2-3 sets of another exercise. And as a rule of thumb, doing more means better results (up to a point).
BUT for a complete beginner, research shows that it doesn't take much stimulus to yield the maximum amount of potential gain, which means that even though 5 sets beats 3 sets in theory, the beginner MIGHT not be able to benefit from doing those 2 sets after the first 3, simply because he's already done enough work to gain as much as he can hope for from a single session.
Unfortunately there are massive individual differences, so it's really tough to give any concrete recommendations. Your best bet is to try a premade program that's been tried and tested and a lot of people have found to be succesful. Once you got the basics down you can start to experiment.
>>
>>37479644
>What exactly would you expect to get out of your investment?
I suppose a better tracker of progress than I have right now and the convenience of it all being uploaded to the app automatically?
>>
>>37479670
Track your bodyweight and take regular circumferee measurements of your waistline.
That's literally all you need.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
How much protein do you guys put in your shakes, I just bought some Powder and its 25g a serving, my recommended protein a day is 140g.

I don't know if I get the other 115 grams on in a day though.

Do you guys do more than one shake a day?

How do you guys make them taste not like clumpy pieces of shit??
>>
>>37479734
Two scoops 2 times a day

>lumpy
>man up

>pick 2
>>
>>37479742
So provided im a bitch, is there any advice on how to make it taste better?

Also milk or water?
>>
>>37479858
I use milk because I prefer the consistency.

>bqh you can get a little bullet blender, put in protein, banana, little maple syrup and it will taste smooth and creamy
>is what my gf does (actually pretty damn good)
>>
>>37479734
Just drink milk bro, it's where the protein powder comes from.

Feelin thirsty? Grab a handy UHT milk and drink it warm.

Worked for me.
>>
>>37479644
Thanks, I'm doing PPL, I would use it to replace the normal deadlift
>>
Is high frequency better than high volume for a natty lifter?

Ive been lifting for 9 months and made moderate gains doing a bro split for the first 6 months then switched to PPL for the last 3, considering moving to full body.

Any thoughts?
>>
How often do you wash your training clothes? I wash my t shirts after every session, but i leave my shorts unwashed for around 3 sessions, considering i have 1 pair and train 6 days a week.

Also is there any better option for carbs instead of lentils? I recently switched rice for them and it was huge change. Wondering if there are even better options
>>
>>37480023
I'm not sure you use those terms correctly, but if I understand your question, you're basically asking if it's better to do 7 sets, 3 times per week than doing 21 sets once a week, right?

Technically the volume is the same in those two examples. Most recent research seems to suggest the higher frequency giving better results. But note that this is only true when total volume is kept the same.

As for PPL vs. fullbody, neither really says much about how you intend to train. Whatever split you choose, you can tailor it to suit your goals.
>>
File: image.jpg (529 KB, 1370x2151) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
529 KB, 1370x2151
I am 6 foot and 171 lbs should i cut or bulk /fit/? Also estimate my bodyfat please?

I am total beginner, i am cutting for 500 calories for two weeks. Lifting thrice a week. And i prefer cutting cuz that belly bothers me to much.
>>
>>37480206
I had similar composition to yours, i guess 18-20%bf.
I would keep the cut for now,
>>
>>37477816
Anaerobic cardio are exercises that are so intense that your muscles use up most of the oxygen in the cells.
Simply put, shit you can't keep doing for long, like hill sprints, regular sprints, et.al.
>>
Can a max vertical jump be measured by box jumps (i.e. stack them until you can't jump it anymore)?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.