[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3cm shorter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: uneven%20leg.jpg (8 KB, 119x240) Image search: [Google]
uneven%20leg.jpg
8 KB, 119x240
Well /fit/, it finally happened...

I've been banned from lifting.

Went to a physio today and was told my right leg is 3cm shorter than my left.
He then told me I can NEVER DO SQUATS OR DEADLIFTS because of the imbalance.
He told me to do "intense" Pilates instead in their bondage cage thing.

So, unless I want to be a yogis pet, what other exercises could I do that fulfil the same as the big five?
>>
>>37468461
Didn't you ask him if high heel shoe on the shorter leg won't compensate for the imbalance?
>>
File: IMG-20160510-WA0002.jpg (69 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160510-WA0002.jpg
69 KB, 768x1280
Fuck the physio keep on squatting and diddlying or you'll never get big get like a high heel or something
>>
good. you're not supposed to do those unnecessary t-rex lifts anyway
>>
3 cm
I reckon you just need a shit.
I prescribe Black coffee
>>
>>37468475
He sais it would put "Unnatural stress where it shouldn't..."
I even said I got a pair of lifting-shoes and could I just wear one.

He said no.
>>
bro u just got out of leg day for life, take it as a blessing. Or do some sprints, hip thrusts, bulgarian split squats and some good mornings. Leg press might be ok idk. You're still gonna get strong anon, no excuses, success is just overcomg a bunch of setbacks.
>>
>>37468529
What's a Bulgarian spilt squat?
>>
>>37468529
And no sprints, because it might cause arthritis.

He did encourage swimming I guess.
>>
Fuck that shit brah, get shredded or die mirin. If you're worried about it, get a second opinion from a different doc.
>>
Can't do squats or deads
Do unilateral leg shit or even the fucking leg press
>>
>>37468461
Get a second opinion. Most Doctors are not retry conservative and it looks like you failed to communicate how important it is to you.
>>
>>37468461
You didnt notice yourself?

Lolz, you could have already wrecked yourself and creating shitload of imbalances.
>>
>>37468461
Its not an uncommon thing. Most people have a minor cm imbalance and they never know. Just get an ortho insole that balances it. No big fucking deal.
>>
>>37468461
Also you may want to see a chiropractor, I don't often recommend the but its very common for doctors to measure your legs and say your shorter in one. But its actually that you pelvis is tilted to one side and needs to be realigned.
>>
>>37468461
Do listen to him.
In the long term your spine will get FUCKED.

I'd suggest still lifting but doing leg presses, one leg at a time and stuff.
>>
>>37468461
It could also be this OP
>>37468701

Give this video a watch
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB67wXqPqtMcJkJc709_D0kXXDvk4QhNE&v=INBY84sqrR0
>>
>>37468568
GOOGLE
O
O
G
L
E
its hard to explain, one leg is up on a bench behind you then u squat with one leg while holding some dumbells or sumfin.
>>
>>37468701
This x10000 If youve been squatting, most likely it is one of your SI joints locked up. It causes a deviation like that. Youtube SI joint mobility and give it good effort and time. If it doesnt help get an adjustment from an good chiro (last resort)
>>
>I've been banned from lifting.
>I can NEVER DO SQUATS OR DEADLIFTS

just do upper body
nobody cares about legs lol
>>
>>37468678
>Just get an ortho insole that balances it.
>A 3cm ortho insole
he might as well just get a stacked shoe m8
>>37468758
This Dino-senpai.
>>
fucking manlet leg sabotaging your gains
>>
>>37468461
I was warned against going to a Chiro as its alternative medicine, and that I should just stick with the Physio
>>
Lol a Chiropractor, a good one, can literally fix that in a few minutes.
>>
>>37468577
hop on Enobosarm or somesuch, I think that's supposed to help with that kind of stuff, and it's still legal
>>
File: insole.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
insole.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>37468853
>getting a laugh at me stacked shoe
>instead of something this simple
fucking eurotard
>>
Just don't do any heavy squats and deads. Like wtf how is this an issue.
Tons of upperbody work, lots of unilateral lowerbody work.

Retard
>>
honestly think I might have this issue, I always have knee pains and it's only on one leg

my form is pretty much perfect I've had tons of lifting buddies check

i might just skip leg day brahs ;(
>>
>>37468461
>letting some shitskin gains goblin doctor dictate your life
You're probably a cuck too
>>
I have the same thing OP. I just put a couple plates face down underneath my right foot
>>
Similar situation OP. Have scoliosis/kyphosis resulting in pelvic tilt resulting in other imbalances also. Doctor said NO deadlocks, squats, etc.

I found it to be a good thing as I can skip leg day and not feel bad about it.
>>
>>37469103
>a couple plates
H-how big of a difference is there in your leg lengths?
>>
File: Klokov Snatch.jpg (47 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Klokov Snatch.jpg
47 KB, 800x533
>>37468461
Look at his foot position, his left foot is turned out more than his right one. That is because he also has one leg longer than the other.
That is Dmitry Klokov btw if you didn't know.
>>
>>37469112
About an inch. A 10lb plate under my short foot makes all the difference for me. Even doing OHP I notice that my form improves and I can lift heavier. And no pain in my lower back
>>
I've got a question for all you people who come on here telling how health care practitioners have ordered you never to lift anything heavy because of a leg length discrepancy or scoliosis or something along those lines... Are you American by chance? I have a feeling you just get told these things so the doctor avoids getting sued if something goes wrong.
>>
>>37469145
is't he just compensating for an injury?
>>
>>37468864
Lmao
>when will they learn
>>
Literally any problem with bones and muscles can be cured by a chiropractor.

Infact my chiro cured a guys broken spine once.
>>
>>37469240
>cured a guys broken spine
Lmao how do you "cure" a fracture?
>>
>>37468461
You can still do split squats and focus on the upper body.

At least you have a valid excuse..
>>
>>37469187
There was an interview in which he mentioned that one of his legs is longer than the other one.
>>
>>37469282
>valid excuse..
Yeah, no. You can easily lift with a fucking scoliosis. Don't know what his doctor has been smoking.
>>
Single leg leg press and/or slit squats bruh. Swimming is fine for cardio.
>>
>>37468461
Best answers ITT:
>>37469145
>>37468644
>>37468701
Single best reply:
>>37469027

In short
>Doctors are to be trusted, but they may be overprotective and conservative. Their priority is your safety, not your gains.
>Go see if a chiro can fix you
>Focus on upper body: chins, bench, ohp, silly accessories like lat raises, curls, dips, whatever. Go ham.
>Don't neglect lower body: single leg leg press was literally made for you. Also do single leg curls and extensions. GHR and leg raises or windshield wipers for core.
>OHPing with a plate under the short leg is not dangerous. The feet and legs stay in place.
>Squatting with a plate under the short leg is dangerous, because you may have sideways pelvic tilt or have different length femurs, for both of which the extra heel in one leg does not conpensate.
>>
>>37468461
Get good at doing pistol squats and single leg deadlifts. BAM! No imbalances.
>>
File: Dragon Disciple 1.jpg (47 KB, 468x600) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Disciple 1.jpg
47 KB, 468x600
>>37468461
I guess you might be putting undue stress on your hips or something with the imbalance but I'm pretty sure you do bodyweight squat all the time. Unless he said something about fucking up your joints my guess is that you should seek a second opinion.
>>
>>37468461
Squats and deads are incredibly overrated OP
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.