[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT guy needs workout ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: crixus_workout.jpg (343 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
crixus_workout.jpg
343 KB, 900x600
Hello fellow /fit/izens,

I need your help in order to get in shape.
Right now I'm a 29 yo IT guy with no muscles at all. I wanna gain some strength first and then some agility + dexterity. Later I wanna learn the kickboxing skill in order to get out of the beta status.

My weight is 155lb and I'm 6ft high.

Any workout ideas? I think my nutrition is already pretty good (Ok I eat frozen pizza once in a while...)

The main problem is that I'm sitting in front of a computer from 8 am till 5 pm and then from 6 pm to 11 pm at home.
>>
SS+GOMAD
>>
I sit in front of a computer 9-5 5 days a week.

The trick is to actually lift. Focus on squats, dead lifts, bench and pull ups. Compound movements to work a foundation then progress accordingly.

Or just read the sticky.
>>
>>37468011
read sticky
>>
>>37468011

Just lift you faggot. Do SS like >>37468030 said or do a 5x5 program. But lift heavy the whole time, regardless of the rep range, whether you're doing 3x5 or 5x5 or 5x10. All this with progressive increase in weight used. Work on compound movements. Give it a year to see actual results. Consistency is key, keep going for a year no matter what or you will be back to your flabby muscle-less self.

>Later I wanna learn the kickboxing skill in order to get out of the beta status.

Good idea but in consider that in practice you will be sparring and will get hit in the face. This isn't fun. I tried the same and I liked punching a bag and learning the combos but not the actual fighting aspect, YMMV.

tl;dr lift big, eat big, sleep big
>>
oh.. haven't read the sticky - sorry guys
>>
>>37468011

FYI to get the physique on the right you need either roids or years of dedicated traning
>>
>>37468061
sounds good, thanks. What do you think about additional cardio training like jogging?

Also I have real problems with eating that much food. I mean sometimes I literally eat nothing but a pizza the whole day. Everytime I eat a big breakfast I'm feeling sick afterwards.
>>
>>37468090
You wont feel sick once you start lifting.

Source : I was once skelly too
>>
>>37468102
I did workout before (bodyweight training at home / mark lauren), but still had problems eating much.
>>
>>37468118
probably because you're a bitch

lift BIG and you will eat big soon enough.
>>
>>37468090
>What do you think about additional cardio training like jogging?

I think it's fine but eventually you'll find it will interfere with your LP (linear progression). Keep in mind that running and cardio while good for your health will consume calories and will slow you down in weight gain, at least in my opinion (and I'm no expert). If you want a body like that I'd prioritize lifting and run once in a while. Certainly you can do both but lifting should take the front seat.
>>
>>37468011
wtf why does crixus look so small here?

I know he is a manlet but when watching the show before i lifted i though he was huge
>>
>>37468011
>I'm a 29 yo IT guy with no muscles at all
How are you typing? How do you function?
Everyone has muscles dummy.
>>
>>37468074
Nope, 1-2 years lifting+ oil and lighting
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.