[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the calorie loss counters on machines cardio machines a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1464237178599.jpg (23 KB, 404x301) Image search: [Google]
1464237178599.jpg
23 KB, 404x301
Are the calorie loss counters on machines cardio machines a meme or are they semi accurate?
>>
meme
>>
It is bullshit. You would need a heart rte to get n accurte mesurement.
>>
They're not 100% correct but you do lose calories on cardio
>>
meme
>>
File: 1.jpg (11 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11 KB, 238x212
>>37466561
>lose calories
>>
The only thing you're losing are gains.
>>
>>37466486
accurate +- 20%, take this info however you want
>>
>>37466594
take it as bullshit, becuse that is what it is.
You can not use this statement OP
>>
OP here. So an hour of weights and 20 minutes of some moderate cardio a day should be enough for me to lose weight right?
>inb4 read the sticky faggot
>>
>>37466671
no. you will actually put on weight. 18min cardio per day is the maximum
>>
>>37466700
SCOOBY LIED
>>
It's accurate if your body was a mechanical machine.
Work=force x distance.
Power=work x time
The cardio machines can accurately measure how much power is being applied to it.
Its not going to be 100% accurate because it can't account for your body's efficiency. The more cardio you do, the more efficient you get at it. Your body doesn't have to work as hard to output the same power.
>>
>>37466550
some of them do have some sort of basic heart-rate monitor built into the handles (metallic plates)
>>
>>37466671
you will also need to eat below TDEE. If you don't control your eating, you will naturally compensate for the extra calories you burn and not lose fat/gain weight from added muscle.
>>
I've read that it depends on the machine mainly. Most accurate were treadmills and exercise bikes, least accurate were ellipticals. Like the ellipticals overstated calories burned by as much as 50% whereas treadmills and bikes were within 10%.
>>
>>37466755
I think bikes and rowing machines would be the most accurate. You are actually applying power to it.
Treadmill is estimating with your input of weight and the speed the treadmill is moving. Some ppl are vertical runners. They are landing less frequent. It skews the measurements
>>
>>37466671
an hour of weights is alot
get yourself a decent training plan for lifiting 3 -4 times a week
20 min cardio a day is fine but you might wanna give this a try ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FsdyXMjcQo there are more up to date workouts of course but I think this one is just super fun
nutrion is key whatever you do make sure your diet is on point
>>
>>37466718
i'm pretty sure the software accounts for some empiric efficiency
>>
>>37466848
Im pretty sure manufactures like people thinking they burned alot of cals
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.