[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ladies (or gentlemen), have you had any experience getting an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 480396130_XS.jpg (15 KB, 640x439) Image search: [Google]
480396130_XS.jpg
15 KB, 640x439
Ladies (or gentlemen), have you had any experience getting an overdeveloped muscle back into proportion?

Over the last year my upper traps have blown up from heavy deadlifts and rows. I didn't notice the full extent of it until the weather got hot and I saw how huge they looked in tank tops and backless dresses. While I love the look of muscle, in this case they don't fit my frame well. I can't fix it by making my delts bigger, and my posture is correct. They're just a big triangle of bulk behind my neck.

My first thought was to just quit deadlifts and rows until they shrank down some, but after doing some reading, my impression is that continuing with a high protein diet and the rest of my routine (heavy bench, pull-ups, military presses) will probably still stimulate them enough for maintenance.... If so, then I assume my best option is to take a break from lifting period for a few weeks, eat a deficit, and do marathon cardio to burn down my muscle mass across the board, then rebuild more thoughtfully. The latter may sound crazy, but I've been out of the gym for surgery and know from experience lost muscle comes back quickly, so I could suffer through it if need be.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I know traps are tremendously functional, but I've decided at this time I'd rather lose some strength in pulls if it means maintaining better proportions.
>>
I think if you just went low protein you would lose the muscle.
Your body needs those amino acids so it'll start to burn your muscle.
I'm not sure if this is healthy though.
>>
>>37458484

That's a good point, thanks.

Probably not healthy, per say, but it would only be temporary.
>>
>>37458329
Post pics please, I wanna see these traps that are too big.
>>
>>37458779
Probably better than sending your body into starvation mode and possible metabolic damage at least.
>>
>>37458912
>starvation mode
>>
>>37458329
Post a pic?
Grill to grill, I just wanna see. Maybe they aren't at bad as you think.
>>
Is this a trap thread now?
>>
>>37458329
This guy at my gym has massive lats and nothing else he looks fucking ridiculous. Get those traps in order or you will look like that fucker who trains with jason genova.
>>
>>37458329
Post upper traps, odds are you're another dyel faggot
>>
Lol, there's no such thing as overdeveloped muscles. Just underdeveloped everything else.
>>
>>37459148

Not everyone wants be huge, bro. You know she's a girl, right? My ex got pretty big while she was doing crossfit and ended up quitting because she complained she couldn't fit into nice clothes anymore. Her waist was a size small but her lats/shoulders/quads where huge. Eventually you have to choose between power vs. aesthetics.
>>
>>37459289

If she were only Puerto Rican she could have just worn spandex everywhere...
>>
Kek, you fell for the shitposters who said girls can't get bulky from lifting heavy, right?

I never had to reduce bulk before, but if you don't work it or supply it with protein your body will eat it. Just leave them alone until they're a size you can deal with I guess. Since they got big once they'll always want to again, so you'll have to go light on anything that works them.
>>
>>37458329
Have you been supplementing?
>>
>>37459448

Just whey/casein. I know I started to pack on more muscle after I began having casein or cottage cheese before bed.
>>
I've heard of this advice for slimming down bulky leg muscles, but it may apply to traps:

Do a long session of cardio in a fasted state, then do several sets of light, high rep isolation exercises for the traps. Shrugs would be the best bet. Do a few sets of 50 reps so the muscles are broken down, then don't eat protein. Your body won't be able to repair the muscle and will have to use the broken down muscle for energy. This should reduce the mass.
>>
>>37458329
sort your posture out faggot, your traps aren't big, they don't just "blow up", you're slouching and it gives the illusion of them being big. stand up straight and you'll look just as dyel as you always have been
>>
>>37459792

So much impotent anger and insecurity in one post, you'd think I was on /r9k/.
>>
Gurl here. I have big traps too. If you don't like them, don't work them and cut protein until you lose them. Otherwise, do what I do and just watch what you wear. Wide v-cut shirts and scoop neck tees look like shit on me, so I wear tops that cover the traps to make them look smaller. It's limiting but eh. Least I'm not fat trying to cover up my fat ass.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.