[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumping Rope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1429728638587.png (602 KB, 1016x868) Image search: [Google]
1429728638587.png
602 KB, 1016x868
OK guys I hope you can help me out. 2 weeks ago I started jumping rope for my cardio, but it wasn't until a couple hours ago that I realised that I'm doing so much shit wrong. First of all I was used to just running at 8km/h for 30 mins before I started jumping rope and didn't realise the only way to jump rope is through breaks, so all I was doing was set a 30min countdown and I was just jumping as much as I could and every time I was losing my streak I would take a breath or two and do it again. Also I wasn't even doing a jump per spin, I was doing two jumps per spin which according to many fitness youtubers is a rookie mistake. Seems like that has created some fucking blisters on my feet right now. So I was wondering, how should I jump rope? All I want is to burn some calories, not learn any kind of fancy tricks. Hodgetwins suggest doing 1 jump per spin with two - which is the regular - for a minute, take a short break and this whole thing 30 times. So it's 30 minutes of pure jumping rope + the breaks. But I'm still a beginner and I don't feel like I can do it for that long, especially with 1 jump/spin, so I was wondering what other combinations could be good. Maybe 60 sets of 30 sec jump rope with 20 sec rest? What do you suggest guys?
>>
>>37458054
Jumping rope is shit, you're better off running if you want cardio
>>
>>37458552
It's not shit.
You may not gain so much cardio as running, but improves your coordination.
>>
>>37458552
do you have anything to contribute on jumping rope apart from this off-topic comment or not? If not, shoo shoo of my thread, I kinda need some advice here.
>>
>>37458054
Just do it for 10 mins lmao or until youre tired, rest and keep at it, min 40 minutes.
>>
Jumping rope is good for you. Keep at it.

I learned how to jump rope in kickboxing, we did a simple calisthenics/jump rope circuit to warm up. We did three minute rounds with a 60 second break.

Nowadays I generally do a 5-minute round to warm up before lifting. Sometimes I'll do 5-minute rounds in a circuit if I need to get some more cardio in.

It is very demanding (read: good for you) on your feet, ankles and calves. Just do what you can for now, and practice practice practice. Don't panic, be patient, just put your head down and keep on going.
>>
>>37458054
Did supermang come out of injury or did he turn into skinny fat?
>>
>>37458649
>>37458684
Goddamn, I feel so behind bros. My record is like 50 consecutive jumps, and that's with 2 jumps/spin and I can't really understand how someone can do a 5-min round. How much would you think it would take for a beginner to do at least 1-min consecutive jumping with 1 jump/spin. Would it be easier if I did it with no rope?
>>
>>37458729
Nah, keep using a rope, also play some music that matches your bpm, it really helps you a lot.

Skipping is exhausting as fuck, don't feel sad if you arent able to last more than a minute. Just keep doing it until youre tired
>>
>>37458783
If my goal is let's say 30 sets of 50 sec jumping and 10 sec resting, should I start with it, no matter how many times I lose my streak, or work my way to it with different and easier routines? If so, could you recommend some routine easier than my goal maybe?
>>
>>37458729
Uh, let me mention, I routinely mess up during that 5 minute warm up. Untangle the rope and start up again.
>>
>>37459007
Well that makes me feel a bit more comfortable. But even if I screw up a lot now that I'm a beginner, as I progress I will probably screw up less, right?
>>
>>37458054
>his eyes

Holy fuck I've seen this image a thousand times and just now saw that.
>>
>>37459079
Absolutely, as you get better you'll certainly put together longer and longer streaks, whether you're counting time or jumps.

Honestly that's part of why I like jumping rope so much, it's a skill thing. Educate your feet.
>>
>>37459412
Thanks man. One more question. When you were jumping rope more frequently in kickboxing, did you ever get blisters because of it?
>>
>>37459800
No worries bruv, happy to help.

Blisters? Well, we were barefoot on a mat, so not really. I got some pretty awesome callouses from pivoting into my kicks, though.

If you're plagued by blisters, I wonder if your shoes just don't fit correctly? Are they too loose? Maybe try a close-fitting shoe like Chucks or wrestling shoes. Or go barefoot. If you go barefoot, just be warned that when you smack the rope into your toes it stings like a bitch.
>>
>>37460033
I have some very light adizeros for basketball. Should I try them? I usually wear casual running shoes. I cant go barefoot, I did it once and it was insta-blisters
>>
Hey OP, watch this video, it may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K4KCOHLLJU
>>
>>37458579

This I've pretty much stopped thinking of jumping rope as a Cardio and wrote it off as pure agility training. Just relax, find your rhythm, and focus on the wrist doing all the spin.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.