[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit, do you do cardio? And if so, what is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: cardio-is-a-must.jpg (478 KB, 2724x2724) Image search: [Google]
cardio-is-a-must.jpg
478 KB, 2724x2724
/fit, do you do cardio? And if so, what is it?
>>
I do a lot of running.

And by running, I mean sprinting to the bench press station before that one asshole who likes to do DB flys on the bench station gets to it, even though we have like 5 free benches right next to the DB rack.
>>
File: some_sort_of_joke..png (215 KB, 396x595) Image search: [Google]
some_sort_of_joke..png
215 KB, 396x595
run to school instead of taking bus.
used to be slower but now im faster.
>>
>>37457356
want to start running
how far should i plan to run first time? skinny dyel fag

have a nice river behind my garden with a nice path

to the next bridge its 3km... i think its a bit to much right? i have to get back too...
>>
>>37459120

Faster times will come just focus on completing it. It doesn't matter if you have to slow down to a fast walking pace for a bit.
>>
>>37459147
wtf do you murritards mean by 5K? 5km?
>>
>>37459201
5 kilometres

not murritard btw i'm a britbong
>>
I commute by bike. Only maybe 10 miles a day.
>>
I do 5k 5days a week I can eat anything and not gain weight while making fitness and lifting gains
>>
File: 1453532611164.jpg (123 KB, 669x924) Image search: [Google]
1453532611164.jpg
123 KB, 669x924
>>37457356
I started cardio and lifting 5 times a week 7 weeks ago

at first I could only run .3 miles at 6mph before getting winded, but every week I'd push myself a little harder. made it half a mile, then 3/4 of a mile and so on every week. I'm not at 8:30 mile (7mph) and im sure I can bring it down to 8:00 this week

just keep progressing and keep pushing yourself, no matter how pathetic you start off at
>>
>>37457356
I have cycled (road) for a good few years, don't want to lose the fitness so incorporate some solo time on the spin bike into my time.

Don't judge, I like to cycle.
>>
I bike to my local squat rack, then bike home after I'm done using it
>>
>>37459201
Is it really that hard to understand? Ot can't be Kelvin right?
>>
>>37459201
Do you live in Liberia or Burma?
Or are you just a fucking retard?
>>
I managed to go from 6'0 290ish lbs to 175-180 and can do a 5k in about 28-30mins.

At what point will I start to have a semi-okay bod and whats a decent time for someone doing a 5k in general?
>>
File: routine-e.png (37 KB, 876x548) Image search: [Google]
routine-e.png
37 KB, 876x548
i do pic related 2x a week on stationary bike
>>
>>37457356
rowing machine twice a week. usually do a 30/30r
>>
I run to the gym and back, it's about a mile away from my home.
>>
>>37460113
Under 30 is a decent casual time for a 5k.
Under 20 is when your time starts getting in the competitive neighbourhood.
People will start saying shit about how any trained man should be able to do a 5k in 15 minutes but they're retarded, that's elite time. Sub 20 is very good for an amateur runner. Sub 18-20 is a great goal, lower than that you're probably a dedicated runner approaching elite status.

Your body will look good when you're lean and have muscle underneath it. I'm surprised your body looks bad now (which I inferred from your question) because 175-180 at 6 feet is fairly thin, so if you're still looking skinnyfat you must have very little muscle mass.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 175 at age 25, around 10% body fat, give or take 1-2% (visible six pack, separation visible between chest/shoulders/triceps, visible lines on quads).
My best ever 5k time was 18:47 when I was 21 and weighed 160 pounds. I was playing competitive ice hockey at the time so my cardio was excellent, and I wasn't carrying as much weight.
Right now I run to supplement my rowing training, and my best recent 5k time was 21:12. I usually hit it sub 22:30 though.
>>
I masturbate furiously at least 5 times a day with lube while edging. It's a serious heart pump to edge as long as you can.
>>
>>37460113
I'm 21 years old, 71kg, and I run probably twice a week. My current 5k time is 18:30 but I started at about 21:00 a few months ago. Just keep at it and it will slowly but surely get faster and faster (it also becomes really addictive!)
>>
Anybody here done a beep test? Is getting to level 7 hard?
>>
>>37462023
If you can't get a 7 on a beep test you have shit cardio
>>
>>37457356
I play soccer for a semi pro team, so I run probably 3 times a week on top of lifting 5 times a week.
>>
>>37457356
Barbell complexes 2-3 times a week, plus a 1-2 hour hike with the gf and pupper on the weekend.
>>
>>37457356
B O X I N G
O
X
I
N
G
so basically jump rope, running, endurance punching, and speed punching
>>
Stairmaster. It can fucking ruin lives in 20 minutes
>>
I'm doing HIIT on my SL off days, I used to do like 30-40 minutes of low-medium intensity cardio every day when I was focused on just losing weight.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.