[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long has most of /fit/ been lifting? What's kept you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (195 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
195 KB, 640x360
How long has most of /fit/ been lifting?
What's kept you going all this time?
>>
1 week away from hitting my 4 year mark

>What's kept you going all this time?

Pure unadulterated autism. My gains are pretty pathetic for time spent compared to other people, but I look infinitely better than when I first started, so I guess that's the reason I wont stop. I'd rather look like 15% shit, instead of 100% shit.
>>
>>37455075
About 6 years. I'm scared of stopping
as I don't want to lose any gains. That said my routine is now a lot different to when I first started. It's less time consuming and focuses on a compound and an isolation for each body part.
>>
File: 1465153548116.jpg (32 KB, 317x233) Image search: [Google]
1465153548116.jpg
32 KB, 317x233
>be 17, riding to town with two chicks from school
>they're asking me why I'm so tired
>tell them I've been working out
>they laugh and say they can't tell
>understandable because I'm wearing clothes way too big for my body (thx mom)
>say nothing, unbuckle my belt, lift my shirt and tell them to look in the rearview
>they hesitate to look but say "omg" and keep staring at my 8 pack
>makeout with them later that night

I want it back.
>>
Every few years I go for a few months and quit

I've been going for a few months now and haven't quit, maybe this time I actually stock with it
>>
Just started in March, on my birthday no less. Used to lift and be fit, got a gf, receded back to fatasfatass mode. About 3 months in and I feel better than I have in years.

>what keeps (will keep) you going
The sheer fear of falling back into that state again; I lost my gains once, never again bros.
>>
>>37455152
we are harsh judges on ourselves cus we look at us everyday in the mirror and we miss minior results cus they happen so slowly. You will make it bro just keep going
>>
I started at the age of 4 months younger than 18. Now i am 20, but i had some breaks in this years.

I remember back then the first ~2 years me and my two gymbuddies went to some disgusting fast food restaurants after every workout and were enjoying our nogains.

Later we gave up, but i started again. Now i take care of what i eat and start making gains. I'm still a skelletor, but it feels good when i see my friends, because in this moments i feel like a winner. Not like a loser giving up after 2 years of eating fast food and not building muscles.
>>
5 years this august.

Started as a 215lb fatty with no muscle.
Currently 205lbs and ~15%bf.

I have been through periods of slacking and not putting effort in,as most have, and also periods of pure obsession going 6-7 days a week.

I just enjoy it. In terms of time spent:reward its the best thing one can do really.
>>
A year and 4 months. It gives me something productive to obsess over and a reason to leave the house and talk to people every day. My gains are very noticeable and this is the best shape I've ever been in in my life. It also just feels good and is fun to lift. I feel physically and mentally better when I'm in the gym and after I'm done lifting.
>>
>>37456071

p much this, its just good for you
>>
>>37455075
1.5 years. Fucked around way too much at the beginning though. 5 months of solid SL + 3 months bb routine with progressive overload are the only things I did I'd really consider "lifiting" by now.
>>
>>37455075
Just coming up on a year gym membership. But really I've only been hitting it hard for about 8 months. I'm 6'3" and 230lbs. Haven't lost any weight, but I sure have shifted the distribution from my belly to my arms and shoulders/chest. I don't honestly notice much change.... but other people have been commenting, so I guess it's noticeable. I'm a 42 year old married father... so it's not like i'm doing it to attract women. I feel so much better physically and emotionally now that I consider myself in decent shape.
>>
About 6 years.
It has always been the theoretical side of things that motivated me. I enjoy reading about how the body works and how training works. And when I do it motivates me to go lift too.
I must've read over a thousand articles and books at this point, but my lifts still aren't anything to brag about. Probably never will be. But I enjoy training still and don't think I'll ever quit.
>>
>>37455803
Man these summerfags suck at baiting
>>
48yo 6'2" 212 @ ~12% bf (ish) - started in HS and kept up with it pretty much over the years. (Always hit it harder when single for some reason?) Going lighter on the squats and deads now as I don't have any disc problems and don't want any >(start to wonder about compression of the discs - should get an MRI just to see) still heavy on OHP, farmers etc so I'm loading em anyhow. Got a Concept 2 to compensate (thing will kick your ass) Its so much better than being a fatass like everyone else my age. Getting mired approaching 50 not bad...
>>
>>37456249
>should get an MRI just to see
At your age an MRI will almost with certainty show plenty of degenerative changes. That's just how things work. Not trying to scare you or anything since it's completely normal. Just don't expect an MRI to turn out perfect. There may even be an asymptomatic herniated disc or two there.
>>
>>37456320
I agree... it's the asymptomatic disc I'm worried about. Kinda why I stopped going heavy and just do "maintenance" work on squats and DL now. Figure I have another 10 years left of heavy training before the eventual decline. Time to hit it hard again (minus overloading the spine) lol > going curlbro...
>>
File: 1463695295285.jpg (136 KB, 1496x841) Image search: [Google]
1463695295285.jpg
136 KB, 1496x841
1 year. Seeing progress + discipline when I don't see progress is what kept me going
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.