[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1464709217285.jpg (879 KB, 1901x2535) Image search: [Google]
1464709217285.jpg
879 KB, 1901x2535
Previous thread is falling into oblivion.

I had this very terrible stomach flu today and was up for 8 hours vomiting bile. Also had diarrhea. I feel a lot better now, but I haven't ate shit all day, only gatorade and crackers. Do you think I lost some gains?
Also I'm going away for vaycay for a week tomorrow. How bad will I lose my gains?
>>
fuck, I would just give up
>>
>>37452030
you probably just lost some water weight. You're gains will be fine with a week off as long as you eat enough and keep your protein intake high. get back to it when you're feeling better and done with your vacation.
>>
>>37452030
Which plane of oblivion though? Do you know?
>>
Are benching (shoulder width grip) and dips, 3 sets each enough tricep work for a push day?
>>
Just started lifting again after not having lifted for a bit, do you guys tend to lift while still sore? I lifted yesterday, and I was thinking about lifting tomorrow but I'm still pretty sore. I really want to lit though
>>
What are your warm up sets like? I'm thinking of going 1x10 at 50%, 1x10 at 60%, 1x10 at 70%, then 3x5 at 80% of my one rep max. Is this optimal?
>>
>>37452302

>do you guys tend to lift while still sore?

Yes if I'm feeling good in general and have had rest days as planned. Usually the soreness goes away after my warm-up.
>>
Beginning my third month of lifting while eating at a 500 kcl deficit. Lost 30 pounds since January and have made good strength gains...except for The Press.

5x5 I can do:
>Deadlift 145 lbs
>Squat 105 lbs
>Bench 90 lbs
>OHP 60 lbs

All lifts have progressed from week to week, but Press has been stalled at 60 or four weeks now. How do I make that shit go up? Eating more is not an option at this point.
>>
>>37452230
No, throw in some 3x8 CGBP. Really focus on form.
>>
Why the fuck is 24 Hour Fitness so shitty? 90% of the 24 gyms in my area are nasty, never get cleaned, the weights smell like bleeding ass, and half the shit in them are broken.

All this despite living in an affluent area... I wish there were better gyms near my home/work
>>
>>37452394

>rotate grip width
>rotate sets*reps
>push-press the first rep to prevent early failure
>work your upper back, core and triceps

that's something that might work, hard to say what your problem is exactly though
>>
>>37452394
What was your starting weight/height?

If you stall 3 or more times on SL, delaod by 15-20% and work back up.
>>
File: 1440658302417.png (530 KB, 751x607) Image search: [Google]
1440658302417.png
530 KB, 751x607
>>37452030
>tfw no qt English teacher gf
>>
What are some other fat-rich food sources I can add to my diet? I've got a good spread on carbs, proteins, fruit and vegetables, but for fat it's nuts and olive oil and not much else. I'm fucking sick of peanut butter.
>>
I was injured for the past 7 months and I gained 30 lbs. I was finally given the all clear to do strenuous physical activity again today

I'm not sure if I should go back to running 5k every day right away, or if I should ease into it by doing some type of easy cardio like DDP yoga for a week or two
>>
>>37452437
5'8" manlet race
215 lb in January to 179 lb today, but only started lifting near the end of March.
Doing Sean10mm's stripped 5x5 routine.
Any accessories that I should be doing?
>>
>>37452490

Fuck, I should have specified one of my injuries was a broken ankle. Doctor said it's 100% healed now, but still
>>
Yo, so I've been on SS for about 15 weeks and I've been pretty happy with the results, though my diet/sleep wasn't the best while at uni. A couple weeks ago I finally stopped being a fuck and purchased SS: BBT. However, after reading it and reading http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html I don't know what to do with regard to my diet.

I've always been skinnyfat, now I'm somewhere between skinnyfat and average. I want to progress on my lifts but I'm not huge on the thought of gaining (more of) a belly/lovehandles.

So /fit/, between Rip and Lyle, who do I listen to?

My stats:
5' 11'', 165lbs
Squat: 180lbs
Press: 90lbs
Deadlift: 225lbs
Bench Press: 120lbs
Power Clean: 115lbs
(Max # Chin-ups, since I suck at them: 3)
>>
>>37452423
What level of 24H is it?
The one I go to is a Super Sport and it's really nice.
The 24 Hour Sports I've been to are a lot dingier, but still not terrible.
>>
>>37452444
it hurts
>>
whats some non-meme abs stuff i can add to SS? weighted situps? on an incline? planks?
>>
I used to lift back in high school and college and was juicy but never shredded (220 6'1) but now I'm 30, and I'm a fucking lardo from years of computer programming and terrible diet.

Strong Lifts + cardio the best thing to get back at it? Or should I do shit loads of cardio and some kind high-rep girl program?
>>
>>37452559
strong lifts and good diet at calorie deficit i think would be best

if you're still going to eat like shit yeah i would do cardio too

i dont actually think i know what im talking about though
>>
>>37452537
Most are sports but even the super sports are shit. I swear to christ the weights and equipment have never been cleaned in years and all of the cardio equipment is busted. The only new machines are those gimmicky treadmill ellipticals with TVs, meanwhile all of the normal treadmills and shit are falling apart. Seems like they make plenty of money to fix this shit and hire competent cleaning staff but I guess not...
>>
>>37452030
If i'm just looking to get functional strength and cardio, would being drunk while working out ruin it?
>>
File: fight the powa.png (173 KB, 955x205) Image search: [Google]
fight the powa.png
173 KB, 955x205
what kind of row should i row
>>
>>37452573
I plan on getting back to my clean eating. Diet used to be standard meat & veg with brown rice but my whole system is fucked off from years of abuse. Thinking about doing one of those juice reboot things for like a week or two, but the idea of eating practically 0 protein for that long seems kind of gnarly.
>>
>>37452579
barbell
>>
I see alot of posts about "oats" are you guys talking about oat meal? And if your are then do you put anything in it? Also is there any special reason you choose oats?
>>
>>37452638

Yeah or you can have them raw like in muesli. You can use butter, cottage cheese, sugar, berries, all sort of stuff really...

Oats have plenty of fibre and protein and other healthy stuff.
>>
How do you deal with shitty spotters at thr gym? I asked a guy to "hover his hands unde the bar" for my bench lress and he was legir pulling the weight from me even after I told him to let it go
>>
>>37452837
Heavy singles are for powerlifters planning on competing.
Work with weight you can control (3-6 rep range).
I bench more than you and never used a spotter
H-homegym masterrace
>>
>>37452481
avocado, coconut oil.
>>
>>37452846
I work 3x5, but there are days I feel "weaker", dont know how better to put it. On those days I'd rather have someone there "just in case".
>>
>>37452481
Buy fattier meat, sat fats are good for test.
Nuts are better than cocomeme oil, but avocado is legit.

Eat almonds, nigga.
>>
With eating do you only have to make sure you get enough protein per day or do you also have to make sure you are over eating in terms of calories? If that latter what kind of foods should I be eating?
>>
File: cashews.jpg (9 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
cashews.jpg
9 KB, 284x177
>>37452481
If bulking I recommend cashews.

Cashews seem to be one of the only foods which increases my body weight.

Almonds seem to just pass through me.
>>
>>37452864
Sleep and eat.
Warm up sets are a good guage for your strength levels that day.
Dont be afraid to take an extra rest day from time to time. /fit/ likes to be autistic and think you need to follow the same schedule strictly or you wont make any gains.

But in reality 24 hours extra recovery from time to time is only going to help the situation.

Autoregulation, mang.
>>
>tfw strict press lmao1pl8 and push press only 155lbx2
What.the.fuck.

Every time i train my push press it is decidedly weak, even if it is the first lift, and i feel fresh and strong and warm up properly.

I feel like my problem is form.. Sounds silly because it seems like there isnt anything to know, just cheat with your legs...

But i feel like the top half of the ROM i am still strict pressing it.

How do i make my push press more EXPLOSIVE while CHAD eats PIZZA?
>>
Got a new job where I have to stand up 8 hours straight. First 2-3 hours are fine. After that the soles of my feet start to hurt really bad and my lower back starts hurting a lot. I mean, I deadlift a decent amoumt of stats and have an OK progress on my back but what movements could increase my stamina to this regard?
>>
File: datura.png (78 KB, 1022x582) Image search: [Google]
datura.png
78 KB, 1022x582
has anyone here tried datura?
>>
I always had somewhat of a bad shoulder mobility and its really awkward for me to do lateral raises, there are some unpleasant clicks behind my rear delts, especially left one, and I'm afraid to fuck up my shoulders. There are no problems with OHP or DB presses though, should I just drop raises or is there a way to increase your shoulder mobility?
>>
>>37453031
People on hallucinogen forums who have smoked their fucking bodyweight in DMT and eaten what you deadlift in mushrooms think anyone who tries datura is a crazy person.

Do you really want to be the kind of person they think are insane?
Tropane alkaloids are scary as fuark, and unless you extract it or analyze it, you can't establish a proper dose, as alkaloid content is so variable.

Some people will eat 30 seeds and catch a slight buzz, some will eat 5 and think satan is eating them.

Potency is highly variable. Fatalities are heavily associated with datura use.
>>
File: Thinking.jpg (199 KB, 1280x784) Image search: [Google]
Thinking.jpg
199 KB, 1280x784
At the top of every list of "things to bring to the gym" I see a "gym towel." Now, since I don't plan on showering there, and I'm just doing SL, all I need is a small hand towel to wipe off sweat from the bench, right? Obviously I am new. First day tomorrow.
>>
>>37453070

I'm not going near the stuff, just curious if anyone else has tried it
>>
>>37452030
say your TDEE is 2500 and after a cut you eat 6k cals a day for 3 days. will IIFYC kick in effect and turn the excess 10500 cals into 3 pounds of bodyfat?

if yes would you need to combat this wit ha week of psmf ?
>>
It hot and I need to keep my energy up, but I still need to get a good ass cut going. I have some DNP I want to go ahead and use.

Is 250mgs of crystal DNP going to be decently effective on a cut and good at avoiding sides? How much will it increase my TDEE approx.?
>>
>>37453066
Externally rotate your shoulders more when you side lat raise.
If you find this targets your front delt too much, lean over.

Dont forget to lock your knees, squeeze your glutes, and brace your core (suck that gut in the flex it)

There are tons of mobility exercises you can do for ever part of your body.

Do you even google?

I think some basic stretching stuff in the sticky. /owg/ might have some good info
>>
>>37453031
I laughed so hard to that post for the past 10 minutes that my eyes are teary and my jaw hurts
>>
>>37452302
You always lift when you're sore. One of the best ways to overcome soreness is going lifting again. It's eventually disappear almost completely.
>>
>>37452444
My English teacher in high school was pretty hot.
>>
>>37453120
This.
Fastest way to get rid of DOMS is to train sore.

Also after you train when sore, if you dont have a crazy pump, grab some babbyweight dumbbells and do some high rep pump chasing.

The BUURNN is incredible, and when you just think LOGICALLY about it, it is the best possible case scenario, GODDAMNIT!
Right babe?
>>
>>37453083
Benadryl Diphenhydramine (DPH) is a similar safer compound, but still very unsafe (seizures and coma possible on moderate to large doses plus you can end up doing dangerous stuff while under the influence).

/dis/ over on 420 chan have plenty of anecdotes and dosage guidelines if interested.
>>
is it even worth lifting at a caloric deficit? will i even gain any decent amount of muscle??

pls respond!!!
>>
>>37453196
To gain muscle effectively you want to be in a caloric surplus.

If you're new to training it's possible to gain muscle while in a deficit but the effect will be minimised.

If you're new to training I suggest eating around maintenance. You'll gain muscle and become leaner to a point that's easily maintained for your genetics.

Otherwise the only reason you'd lifting in a deficit is to lose fat.
>>
I have tapered down my use of caffeine till friday and cut it off after that.
I feel weak and fatigued.
how long does it take until I get my power back bros?
>>
I'm 5'4 father of manlets. I'm 145 pounds and 17% body fat. Cutting down to 10%. Can I afford to run a 700kcal deficit up until at least 12% bodyfat? And then switch to the standard -500kcal deficit
>>
>>37453196
>>37453310
You can gain muscle at an incredibly slow rate (like 3 lbs every 5 months) on a deficit so yes, lift. It's also important for maintaining strength and current muscle mass.
>>
>>37452030
for negative dragonflags, is it natural i am using a lot of power from my arms to lower myself?

i grab a horizontal bar behind me, kick my feet up until i am on my shoulders and then slowly lower myself, which takes a lot out of my abs but also arms.
>>
Had fuckarounditis for about a year and haven't been super motivated, realised it's because I don't have a goal. Decided I want to get to 1/2/3/4 and now I'm wondering if SL is the best way to achieve it.

Current 5RMs

Bench - 70kg
Squat - 75kg
Deadlift - 90kg
OHP - 47.5kg
>>
File: 1464495969482.jpg (104 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1464495969482.jpg
104 KB, 500x750
>>37452030
if you walk past a girl at the gym and she makes eye contact with you and smiles does she want your dick?

also if the gym is empty and a hot girl gets a mat and does her abs right beside you while you do yours does she also want your dick?

also if two girls are in the same room as you and its just you three, and theyre talking on their phones and one of them is bent over on the ground with a butt wink and their ass sticking out in the air do they want you to fuck them?

im new to the gym so my dick is getting adjusted thanks for answering my noob questions
>>
>>37453384
Women aren't a monolith
>>
>>37453447
where do i find monoliths?
>>
File: 1464916204685.jpg (241 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464916204685.jpg
241 KB, 960x1280
>>37453328
Summoning 'Fate'. Please. H-Hear my prayers
>>
How do you efficiently bulk cook food. 1kg of chicken and veges takes 45 mins to cook and lasts one maybe 1.5 days. Fucking hell.
>>
File: dad-dad-im-straight.jpg (47 KB, 491x444) Image search: [Google]
dad-dad-im-straight.jpg
47 KB, 491x444
Recently fell in love with reverse pyramid training, doing it 4x a week, is this too much for a push day, only the 1st 3 lifts are RPT, the later or more for hypertrophy

Squat
Bench
OHP
Legpress
Decline bench
Shrugs
Medicine ball for core
>>
pepsi max yes or no + why
>>
>>37453476
Realize that the standard recommendation of 500 surplus/deficit is not a one-size-fits-all. For a guy at your size that's a much bigger number, relatively speaking, than for a 6'4 dude weighing 230 lbs. Since you're not really that fat, and your TDEE probably isn't that high given your size, I wouldn't go harder than -500.

>>37453538
As long as you're able to make consistent progress it's not too much.
>>
>>37453022
Please respond..
>>
I've heard you shouldn't exercise everyday so I've been doing every two days. My legs still ache and it's been 3 days, should I just go through with it or wait til the aching has stopped?
>>
>>37453624
Working through the soreness helps the soreness go away
>>
what routine will get you the most amount of muscle mass the fastest.

a 4 day U/L split or ppl (or maybe 3 days full body)
>>
>>37453691
Novice routine if you are novice.

PPL if intermediate
>>
>>37453022
>it seems like there isnt anything to know, just cheat with your legs...
Actually a push-press is slightly different from a regular press. You need to learn how to have the barbell rest on your clavicles. If you're holding it in your hands you can't properly transfer force from your legs into the bar.
>>
If I want to in increase my caloric intak, do I just jump into it? Like +500 kcals from one day to another? Or do I need to ease into it. If the latter is correct, ho much kcals should be added every day/week/month?
>>
Quick description: Played rugby for 10 years, got injured and had to stop for 18 months, limited exercise (physio stuff only mostly) put on weight, lost some strength etc.

Started SL 5x5 Yesterday (... checked my ego at the door, started with the bar)

planning to use couch to 5k or similar on off days. Rugby pre-season will start again soon (can finally play again)

eating at a small deficit for the moment.
what sort of results can i realistically expect in 3 months? Would H.I.I.T be better than the 5k for fat loss/stamina?
>>
>>37453711
whats the advised split for ppl ?
>>
>>37453781

You almost certainly didn't need to start with the bar.

Bring in HIIT a bit later on - its fucking useful for athletes, but its also stressful and kind of secondary to the baseline cardio needed to haul your arse back into position between plays. Ease into it.
>>
>>37453560
no.

All sweeteners, all artificial drinks (anything that is not water) are shit. Stop that shit.
>>
>>37453781
>what sort of results can i realistically expect in 3 months?
Probably surprisingly good results thanks to muscle memory.
A word of caution though: your muscles and cardiovascular system adapts to the training way faster than tendons, ligaments and bones. So be careful not to go completely apeshit too quickly just because your strength shoots up.

>>37453827
Not a ppl but if you don't consider yourself novice, pic related is a good option.
>>
>>37453833
no i didnt but i figured it wouldnt hurt to make sure my form was good before I got back to lifting anything heavy
>>
is it worth doing oblique exercises, if so what are some good ones
>>
>>37453912

For most people? Not really. If you're an athlete or whatever it might be different.
>>
where should i look during the squat?

i always try to look somewhere ahead of me like reppletits says, but my last workout a guy told me i should look up, and he said my form looked much better when i did that.
>>
anyone know what the most proven way to decrease your heart rate is? i am currently at 70bpm and i would like to get it to like 55-60.

currently doing 3 days a week full body and no cardio.

so should i start doing LISS or HITT or both. on rest days only or everyday when i wake up for 30 mins.
>>
Are you meant to go to failure for every set? Cause that's what I do and I always find myself needing to take very long rests (10 min for squats). If I rest for shorter I won't be able to lift as much and wont be going to failure until the last set.

Apparently the norm is 3-5 min rests but that seems so ridiculous. If I had rest that much my lifts would dramatically drop.
>>
>>37453967

This is one of those things people have opinions on and there's no one universal approach.

Personally I prefer to look up. Feels like it helps me keep my chest up and lead with the chest rather than the hips rising. It also feels like I get more hip drive out of looking down but - for me - that's not worth the inevitable squat morning that follows.
>>
>>37453967
It's hard to explain the difference between looking forward and looking up, either way you want to maintain a neutral spine/neck alignment.
>>
>>37453717
Well i will push press our of the rack position, and see if that changes things
>>
>>37453987
>Are you meant to go to failure for every set?
Absolutely not. There are a couple of things you need to consider:

First, while a set to taken to failure provides a stronger stimulus than if not, it can negatively impact performance on subsequent sets. So you have to look at the total amount of work you do and decide what approach improves this the most.
Second, while taking sets to failure provides a stronger stimulus, it is also much more fatigue inducing. This is especially true with the big heavy compound lifts. If you keep going balls out on deadlifts for example, you may end up giving more than you get back.
Third, going to complete concentric failure almost always comes with some degree of form breakdown. The more technical the exercise, the more this breakdown is going to screw with strength progression. The more total weight the exercise allows you to use, the more this breakdown is going to increase the risk you'll hurt yourself.
Fourth, when using weigths at 80-85% of your 1RM, all motor units are automatically recruited right away. When using lighter weights it's only once the set starts getting tough that you start seeing a potential benefit. Really light weights e.g. your 25RM must be taken to failure in order to provide a stimulus.

Here are some guidelines:

1) The heavier a set is in relation to your 1RM, the further you can stay away from failure and still benefit.

2) Don't take the heavy barbell lifts beyond the point of technical breakdown.

3) When trying to learn a new exercise, don't go to failure.

4) Always keep sight of the bigger picture. Your performance on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th set matters just as much as on the 1st set.
>>
File: 1434048984527.jpg (129 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
1434048984527.jpg
129 KB, 500x413
Calling anon >>37446030

I think you might be right. Must have been a partial tear.

As far as rehab goes, what's the best way to integrate recovery exercises? I feel like doing them on an upper body day is a bad idea, so maybe do them on lower body day, or even rest days? Or give them a whole day of their own and add an extra day to my routine?

Basically what's the best integration for them without interrupting training too much?

Thank you!
>>
>>37454049
Yea i always thought it seemed counterintuitive but I guess I was wrong, I'll try tone it back. So even if I can do an extra rep on my first set I shouldn't.
>>
>>37453759
bump
>>
During a cut, am i supposed to be hungry all of the time, even after eating?
>>
give me a documentary to see that sugar&basic carbs are unhealthy as fuck.

i want to show it to my father, who has type 2 diabetes and still eating fuckton of white bread
>>
>>37454295
Depends on how are you used to eat and what you eat usually (like completely removing carbs usually gets you cravings). But usually you shouldn't feel so hungry if you are up to a 500 kcal deficit.
>>
>>37454295
No. You're either cutting way too hard or it's psychological.
>>
>>37454446
>>37454461
ok, another question, why is the difference between my TDEE and my BMR like 1000 calories

i put in light activity (even tough i work out and walk back and forth from work)
yet it puts my TDEE at 3000 cals, even tough my BMR is 2000

can you really burn 1000 cals per day just from like, walking to work and shit?
>>
>>37454391
he knows hes fucking up, its not a matter of knowledge. Just focus on enjoying your good years left with him. Trust me i know what im talking about.
>>
>>37454506
All calculators can do is give you a rough estimate. They'll never be 100% precise and sometimes they'll be pretty far off.
Although I know a guy who used to work as a carpenter before he became full time personal trainer, and he had to reduce his daily intake by a thousand calories as a consequence. So activity levels can make a pretty big difference. But of course, working a physically demanding job all day is going to burn a lot more energy than just a bit of walking an a short workout.
>>
>>37454537
yes but what i mean is, BMR is supposedly what you spend just by being alive right?

that means that the difference between that and TDEE is what you do

what i want to know is why, even if i put low activity levels can the difference be so high (almost 1000 calS)

how much does a normal person burn?
>>
>>37454391
>sugar&basic carbs are unhealthy as fuck
That's only partially true though. If your dad is diabetic he needs to focus first and foremost on reducing his total energy intake and get some fucking exercise.
Now what you can tell him is that type 2 diabetics have a 60% increased risk of straight up dying compared to otherwise healthy people. That's a fact. And before he dies he's going to have a host of issues.
>>
Getting back into lifting but am primarily focused on reducing bodyfat percentage and just aesthetics over functional strength (and would focus on this later). Grill and only mentioning this because aesthetics obviously vary between sex.

Should I follow a high rep low set standard lifting programme or just do SL/SS?
>>
>>37454506
I'm not sure about "walking to work", but yeah, you can lose quite a bit by doing mundane stuff. Back when I was moving in for uni, I went from builtfat to athletic in just a week (lost around 6 or so kilos) because I've been moving around the city on foot to not waste money on public transport, all while having fish and fucking chips for breakfast and dinner.
>>
>>37453560

Yes

It's not harmful, don't believe the broscience
>>
>>37454617
you did not lose 6 kg of fat in a week

that's physically impossible, please tell a story based on reality to help people or stop trolling
>>
>>37454631
>>37454631
>please tell a story based on reality
watch those edges
>>
>>37454667
He has a point though. In order to have lost 6 kg of fat in a week, the guy (you?) would've had to have run a -3000 calorie deficit daily. In other words complete water fast for a week.
The conclusion is of course that he didn't lose 6 kg of fat in just a week.
>>
Any recommendations as far as smooth, rumble, or grid foam roller?
>>
File: image.jpg (760 KB, 2446x2941) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
760 KB, 2446x2941
Skinnyfat here, cut or bulk? Thinking of cutting radically into skeletor mode and then going on a light bulk
>inb4 summer hurrdurr

it's too late for me anyways
>Tfw can't lift my gyno away
>>
>>37454749
bulk
>>
>>37454749
haha i love those little kiddies who think they will look atractive with no muscle at all

brotip: being ripped implies having muscles, you should have not been a lazy assgot if you wante dto be with tha superios
>>
>>37454870
show me at what part I ever said I was attractive you turd. i literally asked if i should cut or bulk, nothing else

/fit/ truly is the most insecure board there is
>>
>>37454870
did you get a stroke?
>>
Do you warmup only on the big compounds or on every single lift?
>>
File: 9cb.jpg (19 KB, 261x296) Image search: [Google]
9cb.jpg
19 KB, 261x296
How often one can stretch? once a day? multiple times a day?
>>
>>37452578
yes
>>
>>37452030
>tfw this cute anime girl helped me through my morning work out
>>
>>37455171
A stretch can be done various times a day to tolerance. Start with two or three times a day evenly spaced so once when you wake up, once in the afternoon or middle of your day, and finally once before going to sleep. A stretch shoukd be held for at least 30 seconds but a minute is recommended. You can perform 2 sets of stretches per time. Remember bobbing while stretching is not good, it should be a sustained position for the amount of time you are stretchng.
>>
I've been sleeping around 8-10 hours but don't feel rested. How can I improve my quality of sleep so it doesn't affect my day-to-day life? Also, should I not lift since I feel so tired today?
>>
Anybody downloaded the Kinobody books and willing to share them? Can't find a download that doesnt cost me
>>
How do you Guys eat on a deficit, I'm at Perkos getting a burger and The menu says its 13-1500 calories

Lordy
>>
>>37455440
How about not eating burgers
>>
>>37455455
What can I get at Perkos that is both tasty and healthy
>>
I'm currently doing the 5x5 but I don't think that really does any work on abs. What's a good ab routine I can follow on my off days from the gym?
>>
>>37455284

I don't think your tiredness is about sleep if that's uninterrupted. You might even sleep too much. Look at your diet and other habits.
>>
>>37455470
I've not idea man, I have never heard of Perkos before. The best idea is to just cook your own food.
>>
The shitty 90's side apart, what's this abs routine worth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjTnBmCHTY
>>
>>37455470
A glass of water. Forget anything else.
>>
>>37455110
Always know why you do the things that you do. The purpose of a warm-up is to get you ready to perform your work sets. A good warm-up routine will achieve the following:

1) Increased body temperature, for better performanced and reduced injury risk.

2) Amp up your nervous system, to be ready for maximal performance/heavy lifts.

3) Get you into the groove of the ensuing exercises. This includes mobility work, activation drills, and movement pattern practice (all as needed of course).

In order to accomplish these things, you'll most likely need a general warm-up, consisting of something that gets your heartrate up a bit as well as some drills specific to the exercise that you're supposed to be doing later. This mainly achieve 1) and a bit of 3) - You can choose to do some throws, jumps or other plyometric stuff to adress 2) as well. This is followed by some regular warm-up sets of the first heavy exercise you're going to do, and the purpose of this is mainly 3) and as you approach working weights 2).

Obviously after the first heavy exercise of the day, most of the 3 points are already achieved. 1 and 2 definitely are. Depending on the exercise that comes next you may or may not need to do anything further. For example if you follow bench presses up with low inclien dumbbell presses, you're pretty much ready to go right away. But if you follow bench presses up with heavy skullcrushers, you may need to do some extra warmning up of the elbows first.
It is however always a good idea to perform at least one lighter set before you dive in, just to get a feel for the exercise on the day.
>>
File: 20160606_102624.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160606_102624.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Just fuck my shit up, /fit/. Summary is about 2 years ago I hit the weights and food hard, lifts shot up fast on SL, was squatting 350 for reps but found myself a fat shit at over 190 at my 5'8" frame, which is far from flattering.

After coming to terms with the fact that I was fucking fat and my lifts were stallint, combined with life, I just stopped instead of cutting like a fucking smart person. Slowly lost the weight over 2 years.

Now I'm at 157-160 and trying to do it again smarter. Trying SS this time, but I'm fucking stalling on easy weight on my squat and deads. 275 3x5 squat and 225 1x5 DL is where I'm stuck, already deloaded both once. OHP and bench are low but progressing fine, 120 and 170 respectively no issues add 5lb each session so far.

What the fuck do I do? Current pic attached, not even sure I qualify for even DYEL mode yet. Eating at TDEE because before lifting again I looked kinda like a bulky skelly, didn't want to get smaller but didn't want to gain. Lifts feel like they are suffering. Should I go for a small surplus now, stay course, or cut some fat?

TLDR manlet in pic attached stalling on lifts and wondering if I should eat more or less.
>>
File: 20160606_102646.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160606_102646.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>37455938
Side shot since lighting sucks. Not sure why Clovet is rotating pics.
>>
>>37455642
Can't be bothered watching the video, just wanted to add that while the actual routine matters of course, it is the application of overload that brings about gains. In other words, whatever you decide to do, make sure it's something that you can make progressively harder over time and keep getting better at.
>>
>>37455938
It's largely a matter of opinion but I say keep doing what you're doing but begin micro-loading the lower body lifts until the upper body lifts catch up. When you stall on both, find an intermediate program and reassess whether you want to cut down or bulk up (slowly).

As a side note, are you doing deadlifts 3 times a week? You should be at this point.
>>
Any good way to do pull ups at home without the equipment? Thought about getting one of those things you hang into your door frame but almost every second review I read on the internet tells how shit and unstable they are.
Are there any substitute exercises that come even close to the real deal?
>>
>>37456219
I had one of those door mounted things. It wasn't unstable at all, but it did wreck the woodwork.

I recommend getting a pair of gymnastic rings if you can figure out some way to install them. You can do so many exercises on those they should be a part of anybody's home gym setup. You can literally work your entire upper body with very, very good exercises if you have access to rings.
>>
>>37453469
Random discovery on unexplored tiles
>>
>>37452030
Low bar squatting for a few months and did a 1 rep max. Is it usual to feel some DOMS in the lower back or did I mess up the max rep?
>>
>>37456219
I've had a few different pull up bars in my house.

The favorite I can't find anymore, but it was from Gold's Gym, and it was basically just two brackets you'd screw into the door frame, and then a bar that would expand in length a good deal to reach into the brackets.

Now I have one of those dinky door frame bars, and it works fine. I was very skeptical at first, but I haven't had any trouble with it, and I do hanging ab workouts on it as well.

I'd just recommend testing it each time you're about to use it a little bit first. I have seen other people try it out in the house and have some user errors with it, but I've never had any trouble.
>>
>>37455938
How is your squat so much stronger than your DL? Also bulk up and cut while working out. Literally that's it. Go up XX lbs and lose XX lbs after.

Also, don't deadlift three times a week. You're not at that point and even then only if you're honing in on your DL. Literally no good intermediate program and lower has you doing DL threes times a week.
>>
Why is doing weighted ab work considered so useless when doing only bodyweight workouts for literally any other muscle group gets you made fun of
Aren't they supposed to be strong as hell compared to other muscles?
>>
>>37454749
>cut or bulk

Because there's no middle ground, right? Go for strength routine and do jogging in the morning, all while not eating like a pig. You might also do kettlebells are the end of each session if you have them.

Actually, why the fuck are you looking for a good advice on /fit/ of all places? You do realize this board is just a pot filled with memes that revolve around lifting?
>>
>>37455265
>1 minute
>2 sets

Is it 2 sets for 1 minute or 1 minute split into 2 sets?
>>
>>37452030
Pls someone help me
All of my lifts have gone up except overhead press.
Squat went from 50kg to 95, bench from 40 to 70 but my ohp has stayed around 40_45kg for like 6 months wtf is going on
>>
>>37455473
>deadlifts/squats
>not working the core

You fucking what? In any case, consider ab roller on straight legs after deadlift/squat session, leg raises on off days.
>>
Is it best to eat before or after the gym?

like 45 min before or immediately after?
>>
File: 1463283538627.gif (785 KB, 202x244) Image search: [Google]
1463283538627.gif
785 KB, 202x244
Is 250 crystal DNP a day worth it?
>>
File: Vape.jpg (75 KB, 550x409) Image search: [Google]
Vape.jpg
75 KB, 550x409
Am I losing weight too fast? I went from 223 to 191 in less than two months. I started a job that I walk about 15-16 miles a day over a 10hr shift. I have been eating until I'm not hungry at any time really, havent been counting calories because I know I'm in a huge deficit anyway. Also workout on my days off.

There anything wrong with this? 30lbs in 2 months.
>>
Is it okay to switch from 3x5 to 4x3 on intensity day for TM?
>>
>>37452302
I tend to wait until it's almost gone completely. Recovery is almost as important as pushing yourself. You don't want to hurt yourself and not be able to train for even longer.
>>
What does eating slightly below maintainance on off days and surplus on gym days do?
>>
>>37456759
more energy in the gym
>>
>>37456759
My understanding is that increasing your carb intake a bit on workout days increases performance a bit. There's a reason athletes often eat simple carbs before competing.
>>
>>37456675
depends on what you bf% was when you started cutting
>>
If I start to notice a slight strength imbalance between my right arm and left arm should I try to correct it with more isolation on the weaker arm or just ignore it?
>>
>>37452302
Yes, muscle-protein synthesis only lasts for 36 hours.
>>
>>37456794
probably around 30
>>
Should I replace normal bicep curls entirely with concentration curls?
>>
Bumping
>>
I need to lose weight and I am not comfortable with swimming, nor do I want to pay for gym membership right now. How is walking in the hills/mountains for losing weight? I got some hills around me. There are paths up these hills made up gravel so most of the way has a relatively even surface.
>>
I'm thinking of setting up a home gym cos there's only one gym near me and it's always full of fucktards. So what plates would you recommend I start with? (weights and quantities)
>>
File: 20160606_180358.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160606_180358.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Fucking 5g of sugar per 100ml of milk? Is this normal?

I've just started vaguely keeping an eye on my sugar intake and fuck me there's so much sugar on everything

I drink a shit load of milk too, like probably 2 pints
Am I diabetes?
>>
Do saggy boobs get un-saggy when a girl loses weight? I would think no, but I've never seen a skinny girl with saggy tits.

My gf is about 5'4" 145 - we're both dieting and going to the gym about 3 times a week. She is steadily losing weight. Her boobs are saggy and she's very self conscious about them. Is there any way outside of plastic surgery to get them to firm up?
>>
>>37452481
Eggs, with yolk obviously.
>>
Is it normal to develop Gyno in just one nipple? I won't specify age but I know that this isn't from steroids, because I don't use them.

Also, what can I do to get rid of it? I've never used to have it as a kid/teen and would really like to not have it again.
>>
Stuck without a gym for a week. Can I stave off the entropy with bodyweight exercises? Or are they a meme?

What would you do for back exercises assuming an inability to do pullups?
>>
>>37457266
Totally normal. It's in all milk.. Don't worry about it. 5g per 100g is nothing.
>>
>>37453073
nice pic lol
>>
What are some good forearm building exercises and can bitch wrists be saved ?
>>
File: giphy-tumblr.gif (163 KB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
giphy-tumblr.gif
163 KB, 375x346
Hi guys, i just started doing the texas method workout.
Wanted to know if i can add an exercise or 2 for each part of body.
For example when i'm doing volume day ( A ) can i add some exercise for chest or it would harm me anyhow?
>>
File: THE BONES.png (35 KB, 216x183) Image search: [Google]
THE BONES.png
35 KB, 216x183
The one gym I can afford to go has no squat racks. To compensate, I replaced regular squats with pistol squats in my greyskull. After a couple weeks I went from not having done them in my life to being able to pull off 10 of them per leg down to a bench. My first idea to increase the difficulty today was to do the same exercise but increasing the ROM by standing on 1pl8 instead of on the floor. Reps fell to 4 and so I did a penalty set without the pl8. Was this too much of an increase in difficulty? I think I should try the exercise again next leg day. Any other ideas on how to gradually make this more difficult? I tried the pole variation to the floor but at this point I can't help using my arms as aid.
>>
File: 1453145822823.jpg (840 KB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
1453145822823.jpg
840 KB, 1422x800
anyone have a link to that anime trap's site with beginners workouts?
>>
Is it normal to be able to wrap yor hand around your wrist and be able to touch your thumb to your forefinger?
I can do this even touching my thumb and little finger at a stretch

My pigeon wrists make me want to fucking kill myself
>>
so im kind of confused, one of the links for stretching says static stretching is useless for improving mobility, but the rest of the links have static stretches

so what do i need to do to improve joint mobility and be able to squat properly and stuff?
>>
>>37457434
>can bitch wrists be saved ?
Your actual wrists aren't likely to grow more than just a tiny bit over the course of your entire lifting career. The muscles a little further up the arm can grow plenty though. Many bodybuilders think it's a positive thing to have narrow wrists as it'll make you look bigger once you're a little more well trained.

>>37457466
Well yes and no. If you stick to the standard template and do 5x5 for both the bench press and the squat on volume day, I think you'll find that additional exercises are going to destroy you.
But if you follow the method more loosely (volume, recovery, intensity) it's actually a very flexible program and you can do pretty much whatever you like. Of course, the more you change the greater the chance you fuck something up. But it is flexible.

>>37457605
Not sure if it's normal but it's common. Stop worrying about shit you can't change.
>>
What should I use to find my calorie maintenance ?
>>
File: 1461591817695.jpg (141 KB, 586x614) Image search: [Google]
1461591817695.jpg
141 KB, 586x614
>>37457790
thanks for responding to this >>37457466 mate
Is the TM 4 days split much better than a standard 3 days TM workout where i'm just going to add few exercised per body part?
>>
I envy all these skellyfags saying they have a hard time gaining weight, have a fast metabolism, have to force themselves to eat, etc. It seems that they have it so much easier than fat fucks.

I'm nearing the end of a slow on-and-off-cut (like, gaining weight during the holidays, etc.). I'm at ~168lb from 200lb skinnyfat almost one year ago and approaching an ottermode-like physique. When I get there, I plan to start gaining weight again, slowly, but this time muscle. Will I be just like the skellyfags who have a hard time gaining weight? Because I don't mind slow muscle gain, I just don't want to get fat again. If possible, I want to stay ~10% bodyfat.

Should I eat at maintenance or have a slight surplus?
>>
>>37457849
Not better just different. It comes down to what you want to do. Just make sure you follow the overall principle of doing a ton of work followed by some easy stuff followed by hitting a PR.

Feel free to experiment a bit. Of course if shit stops working, you may want to return to the standard template and see if that helps.
>>
>>37457324
For a week? Just enjoy the break and hit the gym twice as hard after
>>
File: 4L_ZlHoIQQm.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4L_ZlHoIQQm.png
300 KB, 500x500
If I workout in the morning, then don't get my protein shake until like 6:00 pm, am I fucking up my gains? I'll make sure to bring one with me from now on but I'm just asking for today.
>>
How many exercises should an intermediate lifter do in a PPL routine per day? Assuming 3 sets per exercise. I'm doing 7-8 and feel as if I'm doing too many exercises and not progressing fast enough. I see many routines with 3-5 exercises a day (in general)
>>
I'm a DYEL faggot, pretty lean but carrying a bit of weight around my stomach/thighs.

I've been using the muscle working machines for three months and it's finally time for me to lift properly. How much should I be lifting for bench press/squat/deadlift?

I could do 55lbs/25kg on the chest press machine. Is that a good weight to be lifting for the bench press since it's a similar exercise? I'm following starting strenght but I'm having trouble with my macros and eating. I'm finding it hard to eat enough and to keep my fat content down since I eat a lot of red meat (white meat is really expensive in the uk and we've eaten it for a long time). It's been easy to cut out coke/crisps/fries every night but cutting out red meat has been the hardest. Any tips?
>>
File: 1463472901753.jpg (77 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1463472901753.jpg
77 KB, 960x960
>>37456481
It's always been that way and it makes me want to an hero. When I was squatting 350 dl was stuck at like 315. I had even made a BB.com user to post form videos because my DL was just so shit. I don't know what it is.

I think I will keep up my stupid shit until beach vacation at the end of the month, then restart on a bulk so I have something worth cutting to. Losing weight is so much fucking easier than increasing lifts.

Any DL tips? I swear I've watched every DL vid on YT from Rippletits on, no luck. Even though SL gets shit on by many since it's not rip, my beginner phase fucking flew on that and didn't slow down until after 3 plate squat. Cleans are not having the carryover I hoped for. Maybe I just suck.
>>
>>37458086
Everybody's MRV (maximum recoverable volume) is different. If you're having trouble progressing, you're likely doing either too much or too little - provided you're not fucking something else up.
>>
File: 13590_0920.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
13590_0920.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
I'd never thought I'll have to ask on /fit/ for supplement advice.Ok so basically i've been lifting for years without protein supplements and now am cutting and working and am buying something (pic related) for the days I won't be getting enough protein from foods.
My questions is does it matter if I take my protein pre or post workout??
>>
>>37458161
From the very little I know, in general it accelerates growth if you have a protein shake shortly after a workout.
>>
I want to become the best at OHP

Other than OHP, what exercises will help me become the best at OHP
>>
What do you think my deadlift might be if I squat 300?
>>
How do i work my upper body without putting strain on my joints?
>>
Whenever I do bicep curls my right bicep sort of clicks on the descent, while my left arm does no such thing (left handed). It doesn't really hurt, moreso just feels weird and a bit offputting. What is causing this / is it okay to train through / does it mean anything?
>>
>>37458490
Dips reign supreme for lockout strength. Close-grip incline presses are good too and also hit your front delts very effectively.
If your shoulder mobility is up to it (only if), behind-the-neck presses are awesome for building strength in the whole shoulder girdle.
And of course dumbbell presses.

>>37458491
Depends on how you squat. If you go very deep your deadlift will be significantly higher. But if you're pretty good at squatting and only go to parallel they'll be about the same.

>>37458521
Your question is a little vague, but by practicing your "mind-muscle connection" and focusing really hard on the primary target muscle groups when doing any given exercise, it's possible to achieve a good training effect with much less weight than you'd use if you just focus on moving weight from A to B.
And moving less weight means less strain on joints. For the same reason, working mainly in the higher rep ranges would be better.

Some exercise variations are less harmful to the joints than others. For instance neutral grip, elbows tucked dumbbell presses are safer than pronated, elbows flared presses.

Use a full range of motion but don't sacrifice form to gain range.

Warm up properly.
>>
>>37458583

Thanks senpai, I will lift many weights above my head
>>
>>37457314
Bump, would like some help here guys
>>
>>37458135
I'm exercising 60m each day (sometimes 70m if I push for more reps if I feel great) and I'm rooted after each day and usually sore the next. Not on any supplements like roids or some shit. Rest time is 1-2m at most (don't like resting so much so I try to keep my heart at a constant elevation)

Thinking about cutting a couple things out too. DB rows feel pointless and wanna sub in some chin/pull ups.
>>
>>37457722
plg respond
>>
So I'm doing a linear progression program and I did a 1pl8 diddylift today but feel like I could do way more. Is it cool to skip ahead a little in the progression if it seems like I can handle the weight or should I just stick with 2.5kg/5lbs increments?
>>
Anyone have any good recs for gyms in the portland/lake oswego area?
>>
>>37452030
I do weightef dips using backpack, its only 6kg but i feel pressure on my shoulders, will i get in trouble if i countinue doing it like this?
>>
Doing BB lunges today and after one of my sets, the medial to rear part of my right shoulder started hurting and it still does now. Finished working out almost 3 hours ago and pain is still there and it's definitely internal. Pain isn't too bad, but it is noticeable.

It was a total leg day so no shoulder work and I got the bar off the rack, didn't press it. No pain before either. Any ideas?
>>
Is chicken/broccoli/rice healthy enough for a 1-2 month cut? Do I need multivitamins or learn to cook something else?
>>
Oerdosing protein is not just a meme?

I'm lifting for 7 weeks now and am now starting to develop kidney pain the last 3 days. Is it possible that i eat too many proteins?

What should i do? Will it get better if i drink more water?
>>
>199 before workout
>202 after workout
>Wat?
>>
File: 1465146131271.png (27 KB, 583x589) Image search: [Google]
1465146131271.png
27 KB, 583x589
I just got through taking meds for a scrotum infection but my nuts still feel uncomfortable. I haven't felt aroused naturally since, and while I can still get hard and cum, it's really dissatisfying and my loads are small.

I don't know if I need more antibiotics or what, but this has been going on for months now and I'm tired of it.
>>
Are collarbones aesthetic?
>>
>>37452559

Psmf plus jamie lewis' beginner program til <10%bf. Then lean bulk til 13%. Then cut to below 10. Repeat thrice. Jump to intermediate heavy strength programs as necessary. No high rep baby wecht fag shit that is a pathetic cop out.

Then start on sustanon and boldenone yoloswag
>>
>>37459360
Yes.

I hear all the time girls mirin my collarbones. They point them out and ask what it is, and i tell them: it's a collarbone.
>>
>>37453022

Form v importabt for push press. You need to work on going straight up. If bar goes even tiny bit forward you are fucked.
>>
>>37454295
No.
100% no.

If you feel hungry you are deficient in nutriments. Could be too big of a caloric deficit, but more often than not it is shitty diet (muh chikken and rice)
>>
Help me squat, /fit/

I'm not flexible enough in any sense of the word

Can squat, but only on my toes

Not flexible enough to hold the bar (if it was like 20 cm longer I could)

What do?
>>
Did deadlifts and squats yesterday and my abs feel sore today. Is this normal? I know both exercises involve your core but didn't realise it was to the extent that you could feel it the following day.
>>
>>37459215
Glycogen and cortisol leading to water retention.
>>
>>37459443
Maybe you could start squatting with dumbbells.
>>
>>37459454

I would, but I can't keep my heels on the floor
>>
>>37459449
Why is retaining increasing my weight? If anything shouldnt maintain it?

Genuinely curious
>>
>>37459420
My bar path is good, and my spine was too.

I honestly think it was because i wasnt doing it out of the rack position.

Analyzing my movement, a lot of weight got absorbed by my arms sinking when i push with my legs, and i would still end up propelling the bar with my tiny shoulder muscles.

I think if i rest it on my delts, i will actually push the bar with my fucking legs (will attempt next push day)
>>
>>37459459
Hm, then maybe you should start with some skateboard squats. I think it could help you with your heels problem.
>>
are starchy vegetables good whilst cutting?

i only ever see vegetables like broccoli, carrots, spinach, ect. recommended, but lately i've been making soup out of onions, swedes, parsnips, ect. no potatoes though

it's just real cheap and easy to store. it's just about the calories, right?
>>
My hands are too small to have a proper grip when deadlifting. What is the best grip for someone with tiny hands? I cant hook grip because the bar is too thick and with a normal grip it fails as soon as i get a bit heavy.
Pls help
>>
How long did it take you to get from intermediate to proficient (symmetric strength standards)?
>>
>>37452553
Push press and overhead squat are GOAT for abs.

Ab wheel is decent
Stomach vacuums are amazing, and should be implemented into bracing for heavy lifts, works well when coupled with ab wheel (doing light dumbbell pulldowns with stomach vacuums is a good alternative to this)
>>
>>37459517
I don't think that your hands are really too small, i think your grip is just not strong enough.

Because i have tiny micro hands and even i can deadlift without any problems.
>>
>>37459468
Because you drank water since the last time you weighed.

Do you not know what water retention is?
>>
>>37459517
You just need forearm strength.

I have short stubby fingers, and cant hook grip, but i am sneaking up to 3pl8 diddly
>>
>>37459510
Onions are great for cutting. Tons of flavor and not much calories. Green onion is even less calories.

I eat potatoes and beans as my primary source of carbs on a cut and get fantastic results.

Its mostly just grains you want to avoid for the inflammatory detriment..

But yes, as long as it fits your nutritional and caloric needs, it is fine.
>>
File: WWGbldL.jpg (166 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
WWGbldL.jpg
166 KB, 1024x1024
Am I doing pullups/chiniups wrong if rather than going in a straight vertical line the plane of movement is more like a quarter of a circle? That is an overexaggeration but I feel it is the best way of explaining it.
>>
>>37459194
Gallon of water a day bro
>>
>>37459661

oh, sweet. i've been eating like 3 onions a day cause i make a lot of chili too
>>
>>37459561
I didnt figure I drank 2.5 pounds of water. But what you said makes it makr more sense
>>
my only goal in life is to dunk on a 10ft basketball net, I'm a 5'8" manlet in shoes so I got a lot of work to do. I understand squats and plyometrics are the way to get there

My question is, does it matter if I do them both on one day or should I dedicate certain days to do each?
>>
I get knee soreness after i squat. Like DOMS in my knees. They usually recover along with my muscles. But from the internet I see that should be getting knee pain if I use bad form like quarter squats.
I always go atg and my form seems perfect. Are slight knee DOMS normal?
>>
>>37459978
Can you touch rim at least? How old are you
>>
I feel like i can do more weight clean and strict press than I can pressing off a rack

Is that normal?
>>
im failing to reach 3300cals a day sometimes
is mass gainer just a meme?
>>
How can I improve my grip strength?
>>
>>37460164
no, my vertical is about 24 inches so I can reach about 9 feet

i'm 23
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x377
>>37452030
I wanna workout a bit in the morning but is it even worth when I only have time for like 10-15min. What are some good excerises? Just push and sit ups?
>>
>>37459555
I am a girl, I have small hands even for a girl
>>
>>37460622
10-15m is better than 0m
>>
>>37460711
I heard that anything below 30 min is worthless.
>>
>>37460723
I hear all sorts of stupid shit. Fitness community isn't an exception.
>>
>>37460407
Static holds, farmers walk, pullups
>>
This isnt fitness related but you guy's have never failed me in the past.
Anyways, about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was beating it and the second I came my left nut retracted really far up like right next to my dick and I panicked and pushed it back down into place. There's no pain but now everytime I beat it I have to make sort of a V shape with my index and middle fingers and put it to the sides of my dick so my nuts don't do it again. I was wondering if you guys think it would be okay to put a rubberband around my balls so they stay in place.
Also, I could have swore that my left nut hung lower than my right but I guess that changed.
Thoughts?
>>
>>37460799
>Thoughts?
Do crabs think fish can fly?
>>
>>37460799
Shit happens to me semi-often. I just push the motherfucker back down and everything is normal again, no problems in however many months its been happening. Im no ball doctor but i wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>37460799

It's normal for testicles to pull up closer to the body when you're about to cum. Your left nut isn't going to pull all the way up inside the body, never to be seen again so I wouldn't worry about it. Don't use a rubber band. It won't keep your balls in place, it will cut off circulation to your balls. Just fap like normal and don't worry about where your balls go.

If you're into sissification, you can temporarily tuck your balls up inside your body and it feels like you have an empty sack. They will drop back down as soon as you stop pushing them up inside your body, I promise.
>>
>>37460932
I'm trusting you man. If my nuts go up and don't come back down I'm going to be one unhappy camper.
>>
File: Second one.gif (2 MB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
Second one.gif
2 MB, 250x300
>>37460799
>>
I asked for a complimentary workout for my football routine earlier on fit and several guys recommended 5/3/1. I looked into it and it seems good but one thing worries me: the four main lifts are squat, deadlift, OHP and bench. Rows or other back work is only implemented as accessories. Won't that create an imbalance on the upper body, making the pecs stronger than the counter part? I'm already fighting the forward rolled shoulders from all that sitting and i fear this might make it worse.
>>
What civilian clothes come the closest to army pts? They're just so fucking comfy but I'm not trying to wear that shit to Gold's gym.
>>
File: food.png (106 KB, 783x1082) Image search: [Google]
food.png
106 KB, 783x1082
>>37452030
does this sample diet look reasonable? tl;dr im skinnyfat 5'9" 145 lbs @ 18% bf and looking to lean bulk. i know i could cut out the cheerios but i like to snack on cheerios...
>>
Anyone got any deadlift or barbell row webms? My form sucks ass
>>
>>37452423
mine is very nice, snap fitness in canada. has a powerlifting room and a main gym, tanning station.
>>
>>37452579
pendlay
>>
What does "injury" mean in fitness?

I've been running a bit. Pretty out of shape and overweight. Just running 30 minutes 3 times a week. I read that if I run everyday I'm more prone to injury. Does this mean injury as in I require medial attention? Or does it mean I'll just strain my body too much and things will be painful for a bit. I ran/walked for 30 mins last night and I feel good enough to move today.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.