[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ Why do I suck at sports so much? >Football: a mess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1988x1325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1988x1325
/fit/
Why do I suck at sports so much?
>Football: a mess
>Soccer: trash
>Swimming: mediocre

Lifting is the only thing I can barely do and I'm weak as fuck
>>
>>37451969
Start doing olympic weightlifting. You will learn how to use your body properly to do tasks, like tackling. Hell, if I had learn that tackling required leg drive, I would've been so much better.

Anyways, search online for what's called a "barbell complex". Do this, along with a beginner's oly lifting program. Also a coach might be necessary.
>>
>>37451969
Did you grow up playing any sports?
>>
>>37452014
Yes, playstation 2
>>
>>37452038
I meant outside. Involves hand eye coordination and physical movement. Real sports.
>>
>>37452000
yeah everyone knows the best way to get good at sports is to pump in 8 hours a week of highly technical and specific barbell training with no technical carryover

OP you suck because you didnt play enough as a kid. everyone just has years more practice than you
>>
>>37451969
Put cardio in your weekly rountine. For instance if your week looks like
A x B x A x x
Fill one of those x's with a sport. Just grab a ball like a soccer ball or basketball go to a park and just practice for an hour. Basically the park will be your gym for the day and keep that going and by month 6 youll be pretty decent. And yes go to the park by yourself faggot, youre still training
>>
>>37452397
Strength is a neutral adaptation and carries over directly into any sport.

Also, practice is only one half of the equation. Some people are just better at physical activities than others. If you have an 18 inch standing vertical jump, you're never going to be as good as someone with a 22 inch standing vertical jump, and the guy who has a 36" vertical will appear superhuman to both of you.

Remember the kids who were 'just good' at pretty much every sport at school, even if everyone in the class has never done it before? That's them.

OP will get better by practicing and by training strength, because training strength increases your ability to display that strength alongside any technical skill. Oly will be particularly good for that as it forces you to display strength as power and recruit your full body into movement very quickly under load, which a lot of people need to be TAUGHT how to do.
>>
To tag onto this, give me some tips on basic swimming technique please.

I never swam as a child because I had a faggot phobia of water.
Now at 26 I'm only just trying to learn to swim properly.
I can do a single 25m pool length but it tires me out and I have to fight for it.
At first I thought my muscle might be a hinderance as I'm 210lbs and been lifting for 5 years, but is that just an excuse?
>>
>>37452633
hogwash. i WL and it hasn't helped with jack shit in terms of any other sports.

that argument is like the one where people have friends that eat whatever they want and stay skinny. Just because you think you observed it doesnt mean it's real.
>>
>>37452657
>provides anecdotal evidence against a point
>immediately dismisses said point as anecdotal evidence

Maybe you just suck.
>>
>>37452657
You are dumb
>>
>>37451969
american football requires a lot of physical strength to not get run over
soccer requires a lot of stamina cause you're running all the time
swimming is a bit of both

>and I'm weak as fuck
So with that in mind, this is probably why
>>
ALPHA genetics or BETA results
>>
>>37451969
> why do i suck at sports so much?
> im weak as fuck
Answered your own question faggot
>>
Because you didn't play enough of the sport. Soccer is so skill based it's not even funny. Anyone who says the words "stamina" or "weights" in the context of a beginner getting better at it deserves a slap.
>>
>>37452652
Swimming is highly technical. Pretty much the only way to learn it properly is to get lessons.

Since you're not being specific as to why you suck at it, some general tips:
1) Get comfortable in the water - don't panic with your head under water, etc.
2) Exhale under water, inhale above
3) The more parallel your body is to the surface of the water, the less drag you have.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.