[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /fit/ I have recently come upon a large lump sum of money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: help.jpg (598 KB, 1900x1267) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
598 KB, 1900x1267
hey /fit/ I have recently come upon a large lump sum of money and have decided to purchase a gym membership. What should I look for in a good gym? Should I just not even ask such a stupid question and go with the local LA Fitness, or should I do some searching for some other options.
>>
>>37450670
>large lump sum of money
How large? Like, buy all your own equipment large? Because if you can afford everything and you have space for it, you'll save money in the long run and not have to worry about stupid fucks ruining everything.
>>
>>37450670
le fitness is fine
>>
>large sum of money
>can now afford a $30 a month membership

how large is large to you lmao
>>
>>37450696
ya unfortunately not that large, I doubt 700 is going to pay for all the renovations its going to take in order to make a home gym. Maybe i over exaggerated how large it was, but hey it was basically free.
>>
>>37450730
700 can buy you a cheaper rack and some weights. Save up like 200 more if you need
>>
>I have recently come upon a large lump sum of money

So is it all sticky now??
>>
>>37450743
I guess I didn't mention i'm a dyel, currently right now the benefits of having people around me far outweigh the convenience of having a home gym.
>>
>>37450843
la is alright lad.
>>
The vast majority of gyms have cables and a good set of dumbells. So with that in mind there three main things to look for in a gym:

1. Number of power racks and squat racks
2. Quality of power racks and squat racks. Some power racks have so few pin holes they become very uncomfortable to use. Some squat racks have fixed safeties so high you can't even squat to depth.
3. Round plates
>>
>>37450854
alright well my decision is made. I guess the only other question is how do I find a gym bro. I guess some dude will smell the inexperience on me.
>>
>>37450670
What to look for in a gym

>Great hours
>Lots of power/squat racks
>NO signs whining about anything (no chalk/no deadlifting/no noisemaking, general pussy shit)
>Bumper plates are GOAT
>Use google to see if there are any Strongman or powerlifting gyms (in that order) close by. These fuckers know how to get big and strong, while avoiding dumb injuries.

Best of luck OP.
>>
File: hen y.jpg (626 KB, 1110x550) Image search: [Google]
hen y.jpg
626 KB, 1110x550
If the gym has a free weight section and barbells then it is fine.
>If it looks anything like this pic
>>
>>37450896
Goddamn there is nothing comfier to me than an empty gym with a lot of space. Currently in homegym but man I miss those red-eye workouts while it was night/morning.
>>
>>37450670
La fitness is pricy, but really nice equipment. If you pay for a year or more at a time you can negotiate the price down to much more reasonable $ per month ratio. I bought 2 years for something like 20 a month instead of the usual 30 plus initiation fee.
>>
Fuck off nigger. Read the sticky.
>>
File: Sins.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Sins.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>37450877
People usually hold you back. Just go in with a set routine and look up form video from alan thrall, omarisuf has good stuff, buff dudes. And finally either ss or sl is good. Steady bulk for 8months and youre good
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.