[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Fit/, I want to know if drinking on the day you've worked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: beermain_2366427b.jpg (46 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
beermain_2366427b.jpg
46 KB, 620x387
/Fit/, I want to know if drinking on the day you've worked out with fuck up gains. I've done some research but I don't seem to be getting a straight answer.
>>
it will fuck up your liver, faggot
>>
>>37449352
>increases estrogen
>decreases proton synthesis

be my guest anon
>>
>>37449352
no. drink extra water that day though.
>>
>>37449352
wait a day at least
>>
Once in a while, no. Sorry broscientists, the human body isn't so fragile that it's going to freak out and spill all your gains down the sink just because you decided to have a couple beers after a workout.
Just don't do it every day.
>>
File: 1458958263007.jpg (7 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
1458958263007.jpg
7 KB, 187x250
>>37449644
This.
>>37449457
I love that people who think like you actually exist. I felt your euphoria.
>>
I have an IPA or delicious stout or porter after weekend work outs. Try to only drink light beer on week nights. I enjoy the hobby and don't take it so seriously. My beer drinking is probably the weak link in my diet though.
>>
Drink up you rinky dink rooty pooh candy ass bufu. You think Hemingway ever drank on a deep cover mission? Fuck no!
>>
>>37449352
Nah it wont Ive heard some marathon runners drink certain brands of beer and that it helps with recovery but I doubt most if any beer does this.

Had a beer on Wednesday and Friday after a heavy workout and dont feel off in any way. On a "cut" too.
>>
>friend drinks/smokes weed constantly
>Eats like shit
>Always manages to bench more than me
Kills me. Especially when I go to the gym 4 days a week and he comes maybe 3 times if that
>>
>>37450201
>Drink up you rinky dink rooty pooh candy ass bufu. You think Hemingway ever drank on a deep cover mission? Fuck no!

How could you possibly know that since its classified, enjoy your assassination you dumbfuck.
>>
>>37449352
http://blog.chaosandpain.com/killing-these-shots-like-rip-part-2/

Go enjoy yourself, just don't go crazy too often
>>
>>37451460
am I your friend? I drink nearly everyday and still lift decent numbers. im 25 percent bodyfat though and don't take my appearance seriously. eh
>>
>>37452898
>Taking anything Jamie Lewis says serious ever
This guy nitpicks the most retarded studies with way too low subject counts and idiotic anecdotes, don't believe his lies!
>>
>>37449352
sticky says it's not that bad
>>
http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/lifters-guide-to-alcohol?s=generalChaos

I can't remember if there's any shilling in the article, but if there is, just ignore it. There's solid advice in a lot of their articles but they fuck up with all the bullshit shilling. Anyway... I remember doing some shit from this article and feeling way better the next day than I usually did after drinking.
>>
>>37449352

take drugs instead
>>
File: CkMufwCWEAA_bB4.jpg large.jpg (45 KB, 651x641) Image search: [Google]
CkMufwCWEAA_bB4.jpg large.jpg
45 KB, 651x641
No alcohol, no drugs, no smoking.

MAGA
>>
>>37449352
If it's beer then it kills your social gains. That's white trash tier across all cultures. Drink something hard instead. Drink hard,get hard
>>
>>37449352
There was a paper about this that talked about how protein synthesis is most significantly affected like one or two days after alcohol consumption - not right after. Don't have sauce tho, if anyone'd like to help that'll be great
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.